GUILTY WY - Katherine 'Katy' Coffee, 35, Newcastle, 3 June 2011

Did she move there in part to get away from him?

It sounds a lot like the CA shooting in Seal Beach. Women always know, and in that case, even the court evaluation knew he shouldn't have FULL custody, she got a restraining order, but it wasn't enough to protect her.

We have to find a better way of teaching young women how to spot and avoid these guys from the get-go, so they never get the opportunity to stalk and kill someone.

Thanks for keeping this thread going. I live in WY and had never heard of this till I read through this thread. I am going to subscribe and do some digging when I get some more time.

The investigation into Katys murder made the front page of the local paper! Yay! Louie Williams of Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation-DCI as we call them-said investigators arent confining their activities to simply processing information that has already been gathered though. Williams indicated that DCI is still actively maintaing a presence in the community. More at www.nlj.com

Hey! So sorry about the link,I got a new paper today and see it changed. www.news@newslj.com is the link to the News Letter Journal, the local yocal rag er paper. It comes out weekly. The Casper Star Tribune is our daily paper from Casper, WY. That link is www.trib.com . I wish I could find something out for Kathrine and her family. She is not forgotten, things in her murder are just on the down low. I keep sqeaking! And I will continue. I promise. Last edited by spacecadet peazzzer to fix links. Gah!

newsletterjournal link-www.newslj.com

Now I call bull! The nlj links are a no geaux. Hmmff. :waiting:

Can anyone out there slueth the fact that there has been an investigation and sting in Newcastle with poaching game? Maybe there is a link to her murder?

There is a stir in town that Katy may have found info on poaching big game and the meat and mounts going thru processing here. There was a 2 year investigation w under cover cops Posing as hunters here in Newcastle. This info has not hit the paper. It also makes me go hmmm as the police blotter and court cases had not been published for a span of at least 6 weeks. Pretty handy. And odd.

Nothing. Not one word. Katy, I am sorry and am praying for answers and your family.

Bumping you up. I hope that someone outside the state who is familiar w the usda will look into this case. There was a sting operation here for the taking of big game in the area.

Well well well. In the Newsletter Journal last week there was a picture of you Katie, smiling while you were at work. The newspaper also published the numbers of the police department and the sheriffs office asking for information about your murder. I can't stand the fact that the person who murdered you is walking around. Maybe I pass them in the grocery store and don't know it. I keep you and your parents in my prayers and I ask the question who killed you on my FB page quite regularly.

The News Letter Journal has run the pic a few times with your pic, the phone numbers for the authorities and there was a candle light service for murdered people here. I didn't go as I don't buy the newspaper, but I see I am not alone in wanting to find your murderer. There was an aquaintence of mine there who lit a candle and was your voice. She wrote a beautiful editorial piece for you too, Katy. :rose:

I am still so shocked that this has not been solved or made more public!! To tell you the truth, I live here and it doesn't surprise me. A lot of us here speculated that since she was employed by the State of Wyoming this would be handled more efficiently. I will be sure and call the Tribune to ask them what else they have found out.

This is a town of 3000 people, what they don't know for fact about a person, they make up and add to it. Ms. Coffey would have definitely been looked at as an outsider and people can be pretty mean. I have been in Wyoming and am still considered an outsider and to make matters worse, I speak my mind. I had heard that Ms. Coffee hadn't been here long.

The only other thing I can add to this is just the hearsay, that "they" believed her ex b/f or ex hubby had came here and murdered her. I find that hard to believe as any cars with out of state plates are "run" and I have even seen strangers stopped by LE here to ask what they are here for.:banghead:

We live in South Dakota and have been stopped twice in Wyoming; there was no ticket and we had done nothing wrong but were still stopped. One time was in Gillette and the second time in Casper.

I don't know the time frame, in connection to this murder, when there was a guy who went rogue and was driving around backcountry and shooting people. I thought it had something to do with poaching. Is it possible that one of these 'survivalist', 'mountain man' guys stalked her because of something she saw or they thought she saw out in the field?

It wasn’t the 10 bullets that initially linked the men to the dead antelope and her unborn fawn.

It wasn’t the prairie where they dumped her.

It was Facebook.

David W. Erb, 29, wrote about the day on his page, calling it “crazy.” His friend, Dominick R. Apodaca, 19, commented, according to a Wyoming Game and Fish Department media release. While neither referenced the antelope directly, Game and Fish officials used the posts and an anonymous tip to piece together the poaching.

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/wy...de9-11e1-81cd-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1p7wK70WQ

There was an article in the Newsletter Journal this week, that the DCI went to Texas where Katy had transfered from to talk to people she worked with, etc. because she was so new here. The paper said that they wanted to know more about her personality and her friends, as she was a very private person here. Bull, she was an outsider, newcomer. Newcastle seems like sophomore year has never ended.

More to your point, there was a sting operation in Newcastle, that was still ongoing when Katy moved here. The bust was later on in the fall, focusing on processing plants here and the taking of big game, poaching. I didn't hear of that, and worked at a processing plant / hunting lodge. I feel she stumbled upon something or someone. But people here are so clannish and tight lipped.

As a matter of fact, I was in a local business today and brought up the article only to find out one of my friends is a neighbor there!!! She had gotten home after dark the night before they found Katy at 9:30 am in her home of an apparent homicide. My friend heard or saw nothing.

Interesting factoid, The Pronghorn media owns the Casper Star Tribune as well as the Newsletter journal. I believe but am not sure, the third paper is in Buffalo Wyoming. Our editor here is afraid to write about very much as he doesn't like to step on toes. Uh huh.

LOL Jacie, 1. You are Indian. 2. Those are what we call the pipelines for meth. Casper and Gillette. No offense on the Indian, just what I have seen after living in big ol Wyoming for about 30 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back