WY WY - Wright, "Coal Train Carlos", HispMale 40-50, UP12121, Tattoos "Caridad"/"Cubano"/cross, Nov'95

I came across this other Cuban guy they are looking for him he came in 1991.

Denuncian desaparición de

cubanos balseros en 1991.

HOLA, QUISIERA SABER SI TIENEN EN ALGUN LISTADO DE CUBANOS O BALSEROS DESAPARECIDOS A: LAZARO HERNADEZ ALBEJA O A CARLOS VAZQUEZ, QUE SALIERON DE CUBA POR LA PLAYA DE SANTA FÉ (LA HABANA) EL 16 DE ABRIL DE 1991 EN COMPAÑÍA DE OCHO PERSONAS, O SABEN DONDE SE ENCUENTRAN ACTUALMENTE? GRACIAS

FUI AL LISTADO DE LOS DESAPARECIDOS Y A LAS ÚLTIMAS PUBLICACIONES Y NO LOS ENCONTRÉ, QUIZÁS DEBERÍA BUSCAR EN ARCHIVOS MÁS ANTIGUOS PORQUE ELLOS SALIERON DE CUBA EL 16 DE ABRIL DE 1991.TAL VEZ ESTEN VIVOS Y POR ALGUNA RAZÓN NO SE HAN COMUNICADO CON LA FAMILIA; HAY QUIEN CREE QUE LÁZARO HERNÁNDEZ ALBEJA HA PASADO POR MIAMI Y POR NEW JERSEY, PERO NO HAY NADA SEGURO.

SOLO QUISIERA QUE RECTIFICASE LA EDAD ACTUALMENTE TIENE 45 AÑOS Y NACIÓ EL 05/06/1965.

Liz Sarría liz_sarria@hotmail.com

Cubanos sin Fronteras / Cubans without Borders: Denuncian desaparición de cubanos balseros en 1991.

Attachments

• BE73F0B5-6701-4F53-AC00-F98840D04D57.png
    BE73F0B5-6701-4F53-AC00-F98840D04D57.png
    289.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 65EBF60D-94F2-4959-B2F4-C3BA0E3A219D.jpeg
    65EBF60D-94F2-4959-B2F4-C3BA0E3A219D.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 5

HOLA, QUISIERA SABER SI TIENEN EN ALGUN LISTADO DE CUBANOS O BALSEROS DESAPARECIDOS A: LAZARO HERNADEZ ALBEJA O A CARLOS VAZQUEZ, QUE SALIERON DE CUBA POR LA PLAYA DE SANTA FÉ (LA HABANA) EL 16 DE ABRIL DE 1991 EN COMPAÑÍA DE OCHO PERSONAS, O SABEN DONDE SE ENCUENTRAN ACTUALMENTE? GRACIAS

FUI AL LISTADO DE LOS DESAPARECIDOS Y A LAS ÚLTIMAS PUBLICACIONES Y NO LOS ENCONTRÉ, QUIZÁS DEBERÍA BUSCAR EN ARCHIVOS MÁS ANTIGUOS PORQUE ELLOS SALIERON DE CUBA EL 16 DE ABRIL DE 1991.TAL VEZ ESTEN VIVOS Y POR ALGUNA RAZÓN NO SE HAN COMUNICADO CON LA FAMILIA; HAY QUIEN CREE QUE LÁZARO HERNÁNDEZ ALBEJA HA PASADO POR MIAMI Y POR NEW JERSEY, PERO NO HAY NADA SEGURO.

SOLO QUISIERA QUE RECTIFICASE LA EDAD ACTUALMENTE TIENE 45 AÑOS Y NACIÓ EL 05/06/1965.

Cubanos sin Fronteras / Cubans without Borders: Denuncian desaparición de cubanos balseros en 1991.
Haha! ;)

He looks pretty close!

That looks close. Did you submit?

I had forgotten that I had never posted this one. The Campbell County MedEx office asked me to do this one, and all I had to work with was a poor quality side-view photo, and the Identikit composite to get an idea of the breadth of his head, so I am not real confident in my accuracy of his overall look, but I probably have his hairstyle and facial hair pretty close. From what I can see in the side-view photo he appeared to be a fairly clean-cut guy with a trimmed beard that crept up his cheeks somewhat. Much more clean-cut than the identikit composite suggests.

b0768c0d-fe16-4b6b-a2d1-7110eaf3cfaf.jpg
Since you have a profile photo of "Carlos", I think you should make another reconstruction based on that photo so we can see his side a little better. Maybe you could include the "Caridad" tattoo on his shoulder (I wonder if there are any photos of the "Cubano" and "Cross" tattoos?).

It would be an absolute miracle if Coal Train Carlos EVER even gets a family match or anything. They say you can see his face in morgue photos for identification (where?! The only morgue photos I see are of his arm.). How silly of them to cremate him before getting ANYTHING out of him. No dentals, no DNA?! I know for a FACT that they had DNA technology back in 1995. I know it’s cheap but not THAT cheap. C’mon. Could’ve saved a tooth or a bone fragment or SOMETHING from him. Apparently he had fingerprints but they lost the document? Sounds fishy but OK. I’m 99% certain this’ll end up like Little Lord Fauntleroy or Rahway Jane Doe. Still unidentified after 100+ years.

Stop. Cremating. UIDs. Or AT LEAST! AT LEAST if you’re doing it to save money, get yourself some DNA and dentals from the body first! Or even if there’s some blood from a murder, that’s still DNA! Or before powdering the cremains if it’s already been done and there’s bone fragments just fish out a tooth or a vertebra, or like a bone from the finger or toe. Anything helps!

It would be an absolute miracle if Coal Train Carlos EVER even gets a family match or anything. They say you can see his face in morgue photos for identification (where?! The only morgue photos I see are of his arm.). How silly of them to cremate him before getting ANYTHING out of him. No dentals, no DNA?! I know for a FACT that they had DNA technology back in 1995. I know it’s cheap but not THAT cheap. C’mon. Could’ve saved a tooth or a bone fragment or SOMETHING from him. Apparently he had fingerprints but they lost the document? Sounds fishy but OK. I’m 99% certain this’ll end up like Little Lord Fauntleroy or Rahway Jane Doe. Still unidentified after 100+ years.

Stop. Cremating. UIDs. Or AT LEAST! AT LEAST if you’re doing it to save money, get yourself some DNA and dentals from the body first! Or even if there’s some blood from a murder, that’s still DNA! Or before powdering the cremains if it’s already been done and there’s bone fragments just fish out a tooth or a vertebra, or like a bone from the finger or toe. Anything helps!
i think they have started taking samples if they are in the practice of cremating them. these are ones before they established a good protocol unfortunately :(

i think they have started taking samples if they are in the practice of cremating them. these are ones before they established a good protocol unfortunately :(
Shame. I’m glad they take samples now. It sucks that they didn’t get any from him. It was 1995, they had some way of getting DNA, as it was just getting to be more mainstream.

It's not surprising that he wore a beard if he was Cuban. Some of my favorite Salsa stars wear/wore beards like Hansel Martinez, Hector Tricoche, Cano Estremera, and Frankie Ruiz. Maybe Hansel is the only Cuban in that list lol but a beard is a masculine cultural trait among late 20th century Cuban and Puerto Rican men.

If CT Carlos was from Cuba, maybe he hadn't been up north long enough to acclimatize. I'm in San Antonio where we had those questionable "blackouts" in February of '21 when it got down to 9 degrees F, and believe me that was rough considering the mild winters we're accustomed to here.

They don't but it couldn't hurt to submit...
No dentals. No DNA. Supposedly “lost the fingerprints”?! They just scooped him up and cremated him.
The only way anyone can identify him is looking at his tattoos and his reconstruction.

Apparently there are photos of Carlos’s face but I haven’t been able to find any. The only postmortem photos are of his arm.

He’s also short. How does a 5’1” man climb into a 12 foot tall train car like that? He must have had some great strength. I would say led an active lifestyle but he was about 160 pounds which is pretty big for a 5’1” guy. He probably had a stocky build, like short and beefy. Surely someone out there was looking for a short, chunky, bearded man who is Cuban/of Cuban descent.

According to ancestry.com, Morillón is a surname, mainly found in Mexico and possibly of French origin. It could be our JD's surname, the brand of the belt or both, and he bought it exactly because of the name.

Cubano is also a surname. I found several people from Mexico and Puerto Rico bearing that surname.
Caridad is a typical Cuban name but, if not for religious reasons or "Cubania", it's a very common name in hispanic and latin countries.

This being said, I just changed my mind. At first, and because of the tattoos alone, I was 100% convinced our JD was Cuban. I am 50-50 now... Adding the Mexican blanket, his height, and the word "Cubano" tattooed on his left hand, maybe 30 Cuban- 70- Mexican.

And I'm curious about the race "White of Cuban descent.", was it based on the tattoo or DNA?

MOO JMO

According to ancestry.com, Morillón is a surname, mainly found in Mexico and possibly of French origin. It could be our JD's surname, the brand of the belt or both, and he bought it exactly because of the name.

Cubano is also a surname. I found several people from Mexico and Puerto Rico bearing that surname.
Caridad is a typical Cuban name but, if not for religious reasons or "Cubania", it's a very common name in hispanic and latin countries.

This being said, I just changed my mind. At first, and because of the tattoos alone, I was 100% convinced our JD was Cuban. I am 50-50 now... Adding the Mexican blanket, his height, and the word "Cubano" tattooed on his left hand, maybe 30 Cuban- 70- Mexican.

And I'm curious about the race "White of Cuban descent.", was it based on the tattoo or DNA?

MOO JMO
Wow! Now I think his surname could be Morillon. Cubano could be a surname too, as Hispanics have 2 surnames generally. He may be Mexican, in fact now that I think about it.

They never got DNA from him. He was cremated with no dental records or DNA.

This is sorta off topic, but I'm always surprised by how many Does there are in Wyoming compared to the general population of WY.
Oh, so THAT’S where all the population of Wyoming went. XD

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname