Yearbook searches

Apologies if someone's already covered this yearbook and discounted this photo/found more information about this girl - it's really quite a needle in a haystack, i've got a document going with several pictures that remind me of LEK already and I've only gotten through about two yearbooks.

I randomly selected Shasta High School in Redding, CA as the first place to look, and came across this photo in the 1981 yearbook. I'm sure I'm just getting overexcited because the facial expression is similar so I need some more opinions on this (there's no way I could be so lucky as to come across a match in the second book I look at - is there?) and perhaps for someone who really knows what they're doing to look into the records. I believe she was a Freshman in that year but I didn't think to make note of the section of the book she came from. I'm not 100% clear on what details I'm allowed to post here, so if anyone would like the name please message me - in the meantime I hope it's okay if i post the comparison...

kelliestephensonandloriericakennedy.jpg

Apologies if someone's already covered this yearbook and discounted this photo/found more information about this girl - it's really quite a needle in a haystack, i've got a document going with several pictures that remind me of LEK already and I've only gotten through about two yearbooks.

I randomly selected Shasta High School in Redding, CA as the first place to look, and came across this photo in the 1981 yearbook. I'm sure I'm just getting overexcited because the facial expression is similar so I need some more opinions on this (there's no way I could be so lucky as to come across a match in the second book I look at - is there?) and perhaps for someone who really knows what they're doing to look into the records. I believe she was a Freshman in that year but I didn't think to make note of the section of the book she came from. I'm not 100% clear on what details I'm allowed to post here, so if anyone would like the name please message me - in the meantime I hope it's okay if i post the comparison...

View attachment 79294

The neck looks the same, ears look bigger though, the picture is a bit grainy so makes It a bit more difficult.

Needle in a haystack, exactly what I was thinking when looking too :)

The neck looks the same, ears look bigger though, the picture is a bit grainy so makes It a bit more difficult.

Needle in a haystack, exactly what I was thinking when looking too :)

Especially since not all years are available, and yearbook photos are tiny and black and white and, as you said, grainy. I was trying to find later pictures of the same girl, but for this school classmates has the 1981 yearbook and then the next one is 1985.. so if she was a freshman in 1981, all the other years where she could have been a student aren't available online, if I'm not mistaken.

I agree about the ears. It's mainly the facial expression, the hair, the neck, and the timeline- If what spring/summer1988 said is factual and she was 21 in 1988, then she would be 14 in 1981 and that's just the age this girl would be. I suppose I'm justifying to myself that the ears, eyebrows and other dissimilarities can all be explained by age difference and camera angle... I may have fallen into a trap here of having become so convinced by this photo that I can't give reasonable consideration to anyone else until I hear more feedback about this one, lol.

I randomly selected Shasta High School in Redding, CA as the first place to look, and came across this photo in the 1981 yearbook....

View attachment 79294

Correction, she wasn't a freshman in the first photo, 1981 must have been her second year of highschool because here is her yearbook picture from 1980:

kellie1980.jpg

I don't have much of a reaction to this photo as it's really as tiny and grainy as it could be.

I think the ears are very different and the second photo just confirms that for me.

The yearbook girl also has a much more prominent jawline and a pointy chin. FLEK's chin is more oval. Generally the lower face elongates with age.

Has it been noted before that there is a town at the North East edge of California called Cedarville?

I'm just recalling the online username she had, Cedar. I don't know if there's any merit in this at all, just something I noticed in my scanning of towns in the Northernmost part of California based on spring/summer1988's indication that that's where she was from (assuming there could of been some credibility to what he said, I know that's seeming more and more doubtful by the day).

Cedarville has a high school, Surprise Valley High School, but I can't seem to find a yearbook online.

debrasuecampbell.jpg
The left 2 pictures are from a Puyallup, WA yearbook.
Mostly she looks like she gravely hates her braces here and I can't find any other pictures/angles/facial expressions of this girl, or much of anything at all.
Thoughts?

As Lori sat down to talk, Denny couldn’t help but notice her hands. They were the “longest hands I’d ever seen on a person,” he said
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...and-took-her-secret-to-the-grave-who-was-she/

cedarrapidslori.jpg
Girl on the right; height, hand size.

Headshots:
cedarrapidslori2.jpg
cedarrapidslori3.jpg
It has previously been discussed that it looks like LEK may have had a broken nose, or work done to her nose at some point.

There is also this picture, note the mouth shape, teeth:
cedarrapidslori4.jpg

The above yearbook is mistakenly categorized as being from Tampa, FL but if you scroll to the front pages of the yearbook it is in fact from the same school as the first three pictures I posted, in CEDAR Rapids, Iowa.
cedarrapidslori5.jpg

There would be no way for us to do it- but somewhere in her university records they would have a copy or record of what she used to get in. She could have stolen records to do so-- or she could have gotten a GED, gone to a community college then transferred.

she did have a GED didn't she ? I swear I read that, or was it on her resume?

dvo, it looks like you're searching for "Lori" in yearbooks because "Lori" is highlighted in yellow - are you? To me it seems really implausible that she went from Lori to Becky to just change her name back to Lori - that's a lot of work just to change her name back to what it was before. She seems paranoid enough that she'd want to completely eliminate any trace of her past life, especially her first name - MOO. Or are you searching Lori because you think she named herself after someone she went to high school with?

And she got her GED in 1990, according to ClaireNC's post in the Timeline and Media Thread.

Lori Erica Kennedy/Lori Ruff/Becky Sue Turner Timeline
Main sources: Seattle Times http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021235163_timelinejanedoe.html and http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html, Fox News article http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...tery-three-years-after-suicide/#ixzz2XO3tUz2T
  • April 1990 – Took GED tests in Dallas, Texas
  • Fall 1990 - Enrolls at Dallas County Community College after obtaining GED (GED test results)

dvo, it looks like you're searching for "Lori" in yearbooks because "Lori" is highlighted in yellow - are you? To me it seems really implausible that she went from Lori to Becky to just change her name back to Lori - that's a lot of work just to change her name back to what it was before. She seems paranoid enough that she'd want to completely eliminate any trace of her past life, especially her first name - MOO. Or are you searching Lori because you think she named herself after someone she went to high school with?

And she got her GED in 1990, according to ClaireNC's post in the Timeline and Media Thread.

Just that particular Lori because there are some striking resemblances, the CEDAR connection, the hand size and height, the mouth and teeth... I can't wrap my head around why she would have the same name but another user pointed this one out to me and it seemed worth sharing.

editing to add: it's highlighted specifically because there were multiple pictures of the same girl across a few years at the same school, sometimes multiple pictures in one book, and i was searching through each book to see all the pictures of her that might show details - like the hands.

Ah, gotcha. I see. The cedar connection is interesting but it doesn't look like LEK to me. The facial shape and eyes look really off - MOO!

Editing to add: The CEDAR connection got me thinking. There's a Cedar River in Washington state, and it looks like it's within driving distance of Puyallup, Washington. I'm not from the area so I could be totally off about that though. I seem to remember someone bringing this up in one of the discussion threads, but for me this makes me think she might have lived in the Puyallup area and known the story of the Turners, if she didn't actually know them herself. (I still can't get over the similarities between Lori and Mr. Turner!) Maybe it would be worth it to look deeper into the Puyallup area yearbooks? :moo: I'd gladly help in the search except I don't know where to even start!

Puyallup High School doesn't have that many yearbooks online. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back