You stand a 99% chance

Patsy and John use percentages....Patsy said that Stage IV Cancer has a 95 percent fatality rate.

Hi all - geesh. This story will never, ever go away: personally, I happen to believe the RN was scrawled with much collaboration between JBR's parents. It was far too neatly/strategically placed. Obviously there was much panic and adrenalin flowing when it was written - they may have been searching for a 'reasonable' structure to the note to add credibility (something that had to make sense) but did not realize they were adding TOO much detail of their personal lives. I also tend to believe they 'oathed a pact' that night: deny, deny, deny. (Ring a bell??? petersons???)

A 'random stranger/intruder' would *never* know the details, nor would he/she have the TIME or INCLINATION to go into such detail.

THAT NOTE ... proved this was NO random intruder. And, in my further opinion, the 'said' intruder never existed. Add alcohol, depression, anxiety, Xmas itinerary - a tense and competitive mom and a little girl crying out for a hug: .... bang. Accidents happen.

Cover-ups DON'T; they're planned.

JMHO.

PSA

*advertiser censored*

You're not the only person who thinks so, PolkSaladAnnie.

One interesting piece of research that I did involved the use of the phrase "and hence". I found out that it is used extensively in technical texts!Patsy co-wrote technical manuals before she had the children.

Jayelles said:
One interesting piece of research that I did involved the use of the phrase "and hence". I found out that it is used extensively in technical texts!Patsy co-wrote technical manuals before she had the children.

Isn't that interesting...

SuperDave said:
You're not the only person who thinks so, PolkSaladAnnie.

Yep, Dave ... y'know, I've posted about 6 or 7 posts on this forum - perhaps because I don't have the patience for an all-out battle with the 'intruder' gang... I've firmly believed JBR's parents were so involved that the only way out - was, sadly - money and connections.

Looking at the autopsy photos: on the very first one with JBR's little hands, there is what looks like a FRESH black (or dark) hair on her pjyamas (or shirt) she's wearing. In other words, it's ON TOP of the sleeve - not curled or interwoven.

My instinct tells me that Patsy had a total 'wobbly' that night and (not intending murder) lashed out at JBR. Patsy may have had her hands around the child in some uncontrollable rage ... shook her and flung her away. The dear little soul may have fallen (either running away or in pursuit) then hit her head; rendered uncoscious perhaps which would have alarmed P & JR - and - instead of dialling 911 - her parents panicked.

In order to 'make' it look like a random murder, the garrot was brought in - because that was a better option than facing a child abuse leak in the event JBR survived.

The rest? Shakespeare wouldn't have even set such a gruesome scene and finished off a child to ensure 'a stroy' held tight.

I'll be 'downed' for my theory here - but ever since I saw the case on TV in 96/97 ... this is what i have thought. Nothing will change my mind. Nothing.

Go check for that dark hair, too :)

Best: PSA

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Yep, Dave ... y'know, I've posted about 6 or 7 posts on this forum - perhaps because I don't have the patience for an all-out battle with the 'intruder' gang... I've firmly believed JBR's parents were so involved that the only way out - was, sadly - money and connections.

Looking at the autopsy photos: on the very first one with JBR's little hands, there is what looks like a FRESH black (or dark) hair on her pjyamas (or shirt) she's wearing. In other words, it's ON TOP of the sleeve - not curled or interwoven.

My instinct tells me that Patsy had a total 'wobbly' that night and (not intending murder) lashed out at JBR. Patsy may have had her hands around the child in some uncontrollable rage ... shook her and flung her away. The dear little soul may have fallen (either running away or in pursuit) then hit her head; rendered uncoscious perhaps which would have alarmed P & JR - and - instead of dialling 911 - her parents panicked.

In order to 'make' it look like a random murder, the garrot was brought in - because that was a better oprion than facing a child abuse leak in the event JBR survived.

The rest? Shakespeare wouldn't have even set such a gruesome scene and finished off a child to ensure 'a stroy' held tight.

I'll be 'downed' for my theory here - but ever since I saw the case on TV in 96/97 ... this is what i have thought. Nothing will change my mind. Nothing.

Go check for that dark hair, too :)

Best: PSA

I think so, too. But I didn't always.

I don't have much patience for the intruder deLOUsions either, but I so enjoy a good scrap!

Heh ... well,S/Dave: this story still has me SMITten ... (and one and one equals two...)

Take care. Again I dont post often as my feelings are embedded in concrete and iron - so why debate? It's just that since Patsy's passing all this has been renewed and I've opted to renew my impressions.

I hope Tricia/WS puts up a Sweet Sixteen thread for Jon Benet on August 6th

One day, as mentioned couple weeks ago, Burke will really talk...

Thasall4now. Take care!

PSA

SuperDave said:
I think so, too. But I didn't always.

I don't have much patience for the intruder deLOUsions either, but I so enjoy a good scrap!

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Heh ... well,S/Dave: this story still has me SMITten ... (and one and one equals two...)

Take care. Again I dont post often as my feelings are embedded in concrete and iron - so why debate? It's just that since Patsy's passing all this has been renewed and I've opted to renew my impressions.

I hope Tricia/WS puts up a Sweet Sixteen thread for Jon Benet on August 6th

One day, as mentioned couple weeks ago, Burke will really talk...

Thasall4now. Take care!

PSA

I too find her death tragic, but for my own reasons.

Rupert said:
Coincidently, the movie that was watched at the Whites that night was called "Nick of Time" and was about the kidnapping of a 6 year old girl to force the father to do something ("follow their instructions to the letter") by a certain time and the time the alarm clock struck was 1:18. It was repeated over and over again that the father must "follow their instructions" by a certain time. The "Nick of Time" was 1:18.
The movie they watched at the Whites was "Nick of Time?" I thought it was Ransom, and I mistakenly posted that here somewhere. It's been several years since I've followed this case. ~There is life outside of this case.

And I find it tragic because I believe JBR's parents opted to end her life, then stage the complete scene (intruder, murder mystery 'n all), rather than have a BLEMISH on JBR's body revealed that may implicate them in a child-abuse case.

Image was more important. By sticking 99% to the truth (truth being injuries to her neck), the garrot was 'added' to cover up any red marks, additional neck/face/throat wounds.

The dropped dark hair on the photo of JBR's wrist really caught my attention; it was 'so surface' that had JBR run, it would surely have dropped off because it was not 'embedded'. Was Patsy ever near her body? Whose hair was/is that? Was it ever tested?

Arrrgh. This *is* tragic, S-Dave because, IMO, it's all about image, winning, networking, denial, leveraging legal counsel and denial; it's about being stain-free in the community and caring more about what the Jonses/neighbours/audience thinks than the life of one's own child.

Sick, eh? But what goes around certainly comes around. If not here then in the next life. I could care less if Patsy had cancer as much as I'd care if Charles Manson or Osama had cancer; illness is not the issue and wanna-be activists and/or supporters of the patsy brigade have got it WRONG if they believe those of us that believe JBR's parents are involved willed death or disease on Patsy.

PR at least had the blessing of having or accepting a fairly good idea or inkling of what may one day end her life; JBR had no idea and never even thought along those lines at age 6; especially not by her ma and pa.

There, but for the grace of God, go we...

My gut tells me alcohol is key to this drama ... but then ... ???

;) (G'night for the 2nd time...)

SuperDave said:
I too find her death tragic, but for my own reasons.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
THAT NOTE ... proved this was NO random intruder. And, in my further opinion, the 'said' intruder never existed. Add alcohol, depression, anxiety, Xmas itinerary - a tense and competitive mom and a little girl crying out for a hug: .... bang. Accidents happen.
TOM HANEY: "Could it have been an accident?"

PATSY RAMSEY: "I -- don't know."

shiloh said:
TOM HANEY: "Could it have been an accident?"

PATSY RAMSEY: "I -- don't know."

uh-huh, shiloh...

But - IMAGE is embedded in the catwalk society; vanity and reputation is all part of the competitive beauty world & perfection is the (perceived) triumph, not the crown.

An accident, as a result of JBR's parents may have wrought on an involuntary manslaughter scandal; JBR's survival may have opened media scrutiny or scandal ... to JBR's wounds or blemishes.

Would such imperfection have so affected the R's that 'finishing' off the scene and blaming it on some unknown (and highly unlikely) intruder been a more valuable set of morals?

Beggars belief - but it happens. Denial is deadly.

Who knows.... but yep, accidents happen. Maybe some people cannot handle that...

:)

Annie, there are times when I'm not so quick to condemn them for their actions. There but for the grace of God, indeed. In the right circumstances, could happen to the best of us. No one's perfect, especially those who think they are.

FWIW, Michael Kane agrees that this was a narcissistic woman who was scared for the wrong reasons.

Paradox said:
This is not correct Rupert. The 1:18 time was nothing of particular interest in the movie, it was just one of the many, many shots to the clock as events unfolded. In fact, the camera was on 1:18 for just a split second while it lingered on 1:19.

And I think the age of the little girl was not established in the movie.
The father had the gun in his hand ready to shoot the Governor lying asleep in bed. The father hesitated and the clock went from 1:18 to 1:19 (click). The Governor woke up that instant. If the father had shot the Governor by 1:18 he would have done it in the nick of time and saved his daughter.

Alas, the Governor woke up and they teamed up together to foul up the plans of the bad guys.

Who said it was a 6 year old girl, Bill Cox who related the movie to the police. Hmmmm, why would he say 6 year old?

Paradox, you obviously watched the movie closely.

Rupert said:
Who said it was a 6 year old girl, Bill Cox who related the movie to the police. Hmmmm, why would he say 6 year old?........

Good point, Rupert. Do you have the source, which tells who all watched the movie? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't JR doing something else? Also Patsy? Visiting with PW?

Well, it's not that odd, Eagle1. When I was a kid, we had big Christmas parties just like that one, and it wasn't uncommon for adults to overhear various things.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
My gut tells me alcohol is key to this drama ... but then ... ???
Possibly yes. Alcohol plays a huge role in many domestic violence cases, often driving people to do things which they never would never have done while sober.
Considering Patsy's overall stressed-out state, a couple of drinks at the Whites' party may just have been another factor which contributed to her snapping and losing it.

rashomon said:
Possibly yes. Alcohol plays a huge role in many domestic violence cases, often driving people to do things which they never would never have done while sober.
Considering Patsy's overall stressed-out state, a couple of drinks at the Whites' party may just have been another factor which contributed to her snapping and losing it.

A thought I have often considered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back