Your Pick for Red Herring

I haven't read all the opinions above because I didn't want to be influenced.

I don't know if this is a "red herring" or not but sure has my hinky meter going.... Baby K at school and Baby K NOT at school. I would really like to know for sure.

I know Kaine has verified it but, personally, I don't beleive the baby was there that morning. JMO

would you mind if i ask you why you don't believe that the baby was at school that morning with Terri and Kyron? I have a theory myself and am interested if others are thinking along the same line. TIA

I feel Kaine knows that when he left for the office that baby K was with Terri and therefore he assumes she was at the school with Terri and Kyron. I cannot see anything indicating that LE believe baby K was at the school that day. Zero mention of baby in the questionairre and I would think that would be an inmportant element to Terri's morning. I find the lack of LE's concern about where the baby was and what role her presence or lack thereof played in how they think the morning played out disturbing.

Either LE knows for sure where baby k was during that entire day, every hour of it OR They feel pretty sure they do. What I wonder about is how does baby's presence at the school factor into all the theories about Terri being responsible for Kyron's diappearance.

So for me - Baby K's whereabouts on the morning in question is NOT a red herring at all but a legitimate concern.

I feel Kaine knows that when he left for the office that baby K was with Terri and therefore he assumes she was at the school with Terri and Kyron. I cannot see anything indicating that LE believe baby K was at the school that day. Zero mention of baby in the questionairre and I would think that would be an inmportant element to Terri's morning. I find the lack of LE's concern about where the baby was and what role her presence or lack thereof played in how they think the morning played out disturbing.

Either LE knows for sure where baby k was during that entire day, every hour of it OR They feel pretty sure they do. What I wonder about is how does baby's presence at the school factor into all the theories about Terri being responsible for Kyron's diappearance.

So for me - Baby K's whereabouts on the morning in question is NOT a red herring at all but a legitimate concern.

I completely agree...not a single mention by anyone that they saw baby K with TH and Kyron that day, not a single picture of her either. I feel strongly if she had been there, that PTA president, and the assorted students who have spoken to news media would have mentioned something about that by now.

It is true that there hasn't been any indication from LE that Baby K was at the school, but there also hasn't been any indication from LE that she wasn't there. It's a topic that has not been discussed by LE at all. KH is in close contact with LE and is being briefed on things, and he is saying definitively that Baby K was with Terri. If KH was unsure of whether TH had Baby K with her or not, I think he would say that he wasn't certain. KH generally seems to be very careful to only give definitive answers to questions when he is sure he knows the answer, so I am inclined to believe that he knows Baby K was with Terri.

"it's overwhelming for us to be here, in a good way."

Well, I can't say as I'd refer to a search for my missing child with the predicate "a good way"......ever.

He was referring to the wall of hope the community has created in Kyron's honour.

When I was lying in the hospital and prohibited from having any visitors, my friends and online buddies inundated me with email through the hospital's system. The hospital had volunteers to print it out and deliver it. I had literally dozens of emails each day.

There is nothing good about lying in the hospital too weak to even feed yourself and not likely to live (the doctors called my husband on three different occasions to tell him I was not likely to live through the night but I'm tougher to kill off than they realised) except for one thing: the love and support offered by the people who love me.

That was good.

And I think that is the sense that KH meant what he said. That in this, surely the worst of times for him, he is being offered love and support by people who care about Kyron.

As far as the landscaper thing and no arrest, I think I can answer that. It has nothing to do with credibility. It has more to do with the ability to prove it in a criminal court, beyond a reasonable doubt. IE LE may have talked with the guy, may have believed what he told them. But without some means of being able to provide some evidence to prove what he told them they cannot take it into court. Unless they have some type of evidence to verify what the landscaper says, they don't have enough to file charges.

Plus the fact that the LE never came forward to report it to police, didn't report it until he was contacted by LE in Kyron's disappearance, really gives the landscaper some credibility problems. If he has some reason to avoid contact with LE in general, wow, would he be a hard sell to a jury.

If he were the only evidence they had, I think a prosecutor would be extremely reluctant to go into court with him.

Exactly, LE may believe and find credible the landscaper but are obviously unable to substantiate his story or there would have been an arrest.

Which, as far as I'm concerned, puts it firmly in the "rumor" category.

My pick for red herring? TH taking Kyron to school.

I know she took him to the school, and she moved about the school with him to look at things. But I am beginning to believe she also left with him. I am beginning to believe that the whole school thing was the beginning of an elaborate alibi.

Ok a red herring is used to distract attention to what is really going on. So to me, the quote above states the big red herring in this case. Terri going to the school that morning was to set the stage, and divert attention from herself. I don't think for a moment she ever thought the attention this case would get. I think she thought that by saying she left him at the school, that LE would have to focus on all the other people at the school that day.

I'm beginning to believe that everything beyond "Kyron Horman is missing" is a red herring.

Well, at least nobody can say that WS'ers went on a witchhunt against Terri. Reading this thread, it's obvious that a lot of people are giving her the benefit of the doubt or just plain don't believe she was involved.

I think the cell pings off of SI are the red herring. I've felt all along that TH drove to SI after she disposed of Kyron to lead LE in the wrong direction in their search.

I also think that Kyron's eyeglasses (or some other article of Kyron's) may have been located on SI as a distraction...but, he's not there.

The sexting and RO photos between Terri and MC. I was reading about Bluetooth technology, and while I don't understand much of it, it seems if two phones with Bluetooth are within 30 ft of each other, they can share files.

http://www.bluetomorrow.com/bluetooth-articles/phones/sending-pictures-from-phone.html

Possible but implausible. Open bluetooth security settings went away very early in the bluetooth game (does anyone remember the urband legends that sprouted up around "toothing" back in the day? I bet those legends were seeded by the bluetooth developers themselves as a way to push the imaginations of users to adopt the technology), and it takes several steps to get that to happen. Besides, LE most likely got their info not from the phones themselves, but from subpoena-obtained cellphone records from the providers. Reason: people can delete things from their phones, but they can't delete things from the phone provider's historical logs. "Shared files via bluetooth" do not go through phone provider's servers and would not show up there.

I think the cell pings off of SI are the red herring. I've felt all along that TH drove to SI after she disposed of Kyron to lead LE in the wrong direction in their search.

I also think that Kyron's eyeglasses (or some other article of Kyron's) may have been located on SI as a distraction...but, he's not there.

And if you're right, this is the most powerful red herring at all, because search teams and divers have spent valuable time searching there. Even the psychics are fixated on that area, so random psychic-believing amateurs are also "searching" that area, despite most of them probably never having been trained in clue awareness, evidence handling, etc.

Red herring? Let's see...if we define red herring as "something which draws attention away from the central issue"

... and if the central issue is an understanding of the circumstances surrounding the day that Kyron disappeared (who was where at what time and what were they doing at the time they were there) -- and what happened to Kyron...

I really hate to say it, but ...

Well...maybe my red herring might be: Boy scout camp

After reading through several threads tonight, and realizing there are alot of Terri supporters all over the forum, I'll still take a stand and say the red herring's are ...

1) That Kyron's disappearance had something to do with TH's Post-Partum Depression (I'm not buying it)

2) That Kaine Horman is a misogynist/pregnancy hater/evil husband/should have been psychic and seen all this coming his way so it wouldn't have happened

With that second one, maybe Kaine wasn't a model husband, and maybe he's not a great person - I have no idea. But that doesn't make him involved in any way in the disappearance of his own son. So I think any theory that states Kaine is to blame for "pushing" Terri into doing something this terrible has to be a red herring.

(I personally believe Terri is guilty - I don't know what she did with Kyron, but from the beginning she was the only adult in his family who was around that day and who probably has anything to do with it - and I base that on many other things we have straight from LE about her)

Possible but implausible. Open bluetooth security settings went away very early in the bluetooth game (does anyone remember the urband legends that sprouted up around "toothing" back in the day? I bet those legends were seeded by the bluetooth developers themselves as a way to push the imaginations of users to adopt the technology), and it takes several steps to get that to happen. Besides, LE most likely got their info not from the phones themselves, but from subpoena-obtained cellphone records from the providers. Reason: people can delete things from their phones, but they can't delete things from the phone provider's historical logs. "Shared files via bluetooth" do not go through phone provider's servers and would not show up there.

LOL helpfulcharlie, you sure live up to your screen name. I searched cell phone technology for three hours, only to read your reply ten minutes after I posted. :crazy:

I am wondering if the Person of Interest (SM) in this case was just a bit more than ditzy.....and that all of her shenanigans made her totally unobservant that Kyron was being stalked at the school or elsewhere. She was definitely in her ''own orbit'' with all the online activity. Whether or not she was ''serious'' with her comments to landscaper re MFH that could be a red herring too. She might have been feeling a bit snarky on any given day and felt she needed to vent her dissatisfaction to whomever was there (hapless landscaper included).

I am totally perplexed by this case and want Kyron home safe and sound asap --

OK I am not sure where to put this or if it has been mentioned before...
In looking at the cbsnews 200 pics of Kyron, I noticed a trend. I am curious WHO else in that home loved frogs...
There are 2 small kermits on the computer keyboard when Kyron is little.
The one where he is sleeping in the suitcase, the book in there with him has a frog on it.
The photo from his birth in the hospital, there is a giant Kermit the Frog with hospital cap on it's head laying beside him.
A photo of him as an infant he is smiling at a green frog squeeze toy and looks like he is wearing a green hooded frog towel. Were frogs Kaine's thing? (Since these date back to Kyron's birth via the huge kermit). So for the ones who assume TH did this, and that she purposely dressed him in the CSI shirt...was Kyron's Science Exhibit on frogs also a planned dig or another coincidence. Did Kyron like frogs, draw frogs, and want to do his exhibit because someone else in the house also liked frogs? Just musing aloud.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420
Back