You're record collection was probably greatly influenced by this guy.

A good percentage of Jim Morrison's early work especially the first two Doors allbums certainly bore the influence of Owsley's product.
At least until Morrison gave up the halucinigenics in favor of floating down the Whiskey River to his grave.
He probably would have been better off sticking with the Acid.

Yep, those were the days, weren't they? heh So Owsley lived to age 76? Amazing!

Pink Floyd was and still is my band of choice. Their "Dark Side of the Moon" tour was the first time I saw them live. Of course my children were raised on Floyd. Their first concert was the "Animals" tour.

Currently I am debating continuing the family tradition by taking my oldest grandson who will soon turn 14 to see the Roger Waters production of "The Wall" when it comes back to the U.S. this year. My daughter and I went to see it last year and it was fantastic - absolutely one of the best concerts either of us had ever seen. And we have each attended a LOT of concerts.

Thanks for this thread steely.

Yep, those were the days, weren't they? heh So Owsley lived to age 76? Amazing!

Pink Floyd was and still is my band of choice. Their "Dark Side of the Moon" tour was the first time I saw them live. Of course my children were raised on Floyd. Their first concert was the "Animals" tour.

Currently I am debating continuing the family tradition by taking my oldest grandson who will soon turn 14 to see the Roger Waters production of "The Wall" when it comes back to the U.S. this year. My daughter and I went to see it last year and it was fantastic - absolutely one of the best concerts either of us had ever seen. And we have each attended a LOT of concerts.

Thanks for this thread steely.

BBM

If you do that you'll be the coolest Grandma in history.

A good percentage of Jim Morrison's early work especially the first two Doors allbums certainly bore the influence of Owsley's product.
At least until Morrison gave up the halucinigenics in favor of floating down the Whiskey River to his grave.
He probably would have been better off sticking with the Acid.

Wasn't Morrison heavily into Peyote and Mescaline? I thought that he like the "natural" stuff more that chemicals. It's been a very long time since I read the book though.:waitasec::floorlaugh:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back