Youtube Video: "Not So Nice Canadians" Relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I feel like it was 'real' as in not staged, but I don't know what it is we're looking at. It doesn't look like a police operation, though.

I also think the voices/reactions in the video are real. Some people commented early on that they sound fake, but I think it's just the guy's voice being somewhat high-pitched and the slight Canadian accent (at least to U.S. ears) that make it seem off.

I'm Canadian and the girl's voice sounds very strange to me ... also odd is how he doesn't really respond to her but just keeps talking over her as he's backing up/driving away.

This user has only one video on youtube and has not come back to respond to people's comments.

The actual footage of the incident does seem real to me though, not that I have much (or any) experience watching other similar incidents. Could be really good stuntmen?

It'll be interesting to see what kind of information gets dug up in relation to incident reports connected to this.

at 37 seconds in, the guy in the orange jumpsuit hopped out of the truckbed ... does anyone see him prior to that (ie) jumping into the truckbed from the other side/back? or chasing the truck(s) like the other man is doing? or as a passenger in the other truck?

May be slightly off-topic - but check this out - looks like an attempted truck theft in Ottawa was caught on video -

Henderdonald can I ask how you happened upon this?

I was reading posts with the #timbosma tag on Twitter. It was linked in this post:

"@NickSWEPT: #blackdodgeram #timbosma ??? I don't know, but this is a sketchy video... en: http://t.co/nEM9IOD4Bv via @youtube"

Just for the record, I recognize where that took place and its actuall Casselman, ont. outside of Ottawa, basically between Montreal/Ottawa and also between US border/Ottawa.

This might be a set up done by friends of DM, MS or the other suspect(s) to make it appear like the wrong people are sitting in jail. Will the defense try and pull this video out saying TB's killer are still out there. They framed DM and are still on the loose. Crazy people do crazy things. It does look real though IMO.

I am really surprised not more people have spoken up about this video. Even the poster on YT seems to have disregarded it and is not responding to peoples comments.

There's only so much that can be said. No one knows who it was or exactly where it was taken, or even if it's real. It's impossible to see any of the people in detail.

Dodge Rams are apparently high-desirability theft targets, though, according to other locals.

Dodge trucks are everywhere,
red hoodies are everywhere,
car thieves are everywhere!!!!

Date stamp on the video is 05/19

I see no connection. JMO

I think if the video was real it is eye opening what some crimes losers will stoop to.

Makes us all cautious too. Lock our doors as soon as we get in.

My husband was asked if he could boost a guy's truck recently in a parking lot in the morning, and he willingly complied and all went fine (like in the old days of mutual trust).

A lady rang our doorbell the other night at 1 am saying she was lost trying to find her way home driving. I would NOT open the door. I communicated through our upstairs window.

Tonight in the dark a guy was boosting another guy's truck in front of our driveway about 10 pm. Had he rung our doorbell and asked for help, our hearts would have said okay, but our head now would say no, way, I'll phone help for you but that's it. We have an expensive new SUV--not a situation we would want to put ourselves in. Imagine if we'd complied--left our car running...and the guy might have said, "will you go start mine? while I put the cables on?" That would be just too easy a theft.

The thought of it all is sickening.

Claroon, I have to agree, what a shame our society has become that people are too afraid (aware of danger) to help each other out.
Poor Tom Bosma and his family.....all he did was take a couple of blokes out on a test drive and he got cruelly murdered ! It is ridiculous and terrible.

Claroon, I have to agree, what a shame our society has become that people are too afraid (aware of danger) to help each other out.
Poor Tom Bosma and his family.....all he did was take a couple of blokes out on a test drive and he got cruelly murdered ! It is ridiculous and terrible.

A ''society'' that is fearful is easy to control...so they say. Back in the day of course...people had means with which to defend themselves.... now they carry ipods and cellphones. JMO

A ''society'' that is fearful is easy to control...so they say. Back in the day of course...people had means with which to defend themselves.... now they carry ipods and cellphones. JMO

Right. And a "society" is now in a position that it cannot even make comment on what is common sense and obvious anymore for fear of being accused of one prejudice or another.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member