Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo- Sept 15 & 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know people lie sometimes and it's possible that Shayne Austin lied about aspects of his involvement in the case. Passing a polygraph doesn't mean squat since it's not admissible in court. It does make one wonder, though, how a guy who said he was innocent and wasn't jailed, went on to commit suicide. Investigators said there was no foul play and his death was ruled a suicide.

Be that as it may, Austin doesn't absolve Adams, and Austin can't further implicate anyone else beyond what he already told investigators since dead men can't talk.

The testimony about the underwear has me stumped. Hollys mother identified them as belonging to Holly yet they didn't have Hollys DNA but someone else's. Could it be that ZA kept them as a souvenir then passed them on to another girlfriend?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They could have been Holly's but had not been worn yet, and had been washed. She may have had them in her backpack as a clean set of clothes. My daughter often had an extra set of clothes in her backpack for after working out or swimming etc.

The pink panties are somewhat of a red herring since none of HB's DNA was found on them. It's a piece of potential evidence that hasn't been tied to anyone specifically. They don't help ZA. They're important because they were spotted and collected and tested and there were other items found near them that did tie back to HB, so that guy finding the panties allowed the finding of the other pieces of paper.

Watching the hearing when def. attorney thompson is questioning the appointment of Jennifer Nicols after this Stowe guy recused himself. Def. attorney Thompson is very passionate about her client's rights...gives a bit of a different perspective on her and where we are today. Maddox attorney for Dylan is a bulldog and clearly a good buddy of the judge. Not sure if he is still around...also the now dis-barred Fletcher Long is there for JA...even the attorneys in this case along the way are of dubious character.

I think the defense is going to go after why the Bobos were served a search warrant for their financial records. I doubt it is just about a mistaken, follow all leads thing. I will admit I am nervous as to what the defense has for its evidence. I have been trying to figure this out since it was testified that they had served the warrant. IMO, it was not good that the detective did not have the answer....will make people not trust him and give credence that he helped to shape the testimony of JA.... JMHO.

Does anyone know if the TBI director now is the same one during the first of the Holly Bobo abduction? I should hope not. If he is his days should be numbered

IMO

Yes, the TBI director is the same. I know he has excellent credentials and, as far as I know, is well thought of. Not sure if that has changed since this happened.

I don't recall hearing testimony where SA has implicated himself as a murderer. I don't recall SA killed that body in the swamp. I thought he said he had seen a floating corpse upon his arrival to said swamp. Then SA testified he attempted to help dispose of HB but once he saw movement (foot move) and heard a gasp ZA then shot HB

Do you mean JA?

I think the defense is going to go after why the Bobos were served a search warrant for their financial records. I doubt it is just about a mistaken, follow all leads thing. I will admit I am nervous as to what the defense has for its evidence. I have been trying to figure this out since it was testified that they had served the warrant. IMO, it was not good that the detective did not have the answer....will make people not trust him and give credence that he helped to shape the testimony of JA.... JMHO.

it would have been the height of stupidity for her to ask that question without having some reason...I don't know that she expected the guy to not remember but I am sure it will come back. I have learned that no matter how fine a family looks at first glance there are often skeletons in the closet and often financial records tell a story...so what is the story at the Bobo house? I still wonder about the previous boyfriend who was a druggie and charged with another kidnapping years later...Holly did not necessarily have perfect friends. People often get angry when one brings up this stuff and it in no way justifies a murder but the defense will go there if there is any place to do to try to find a motive for someone other than their guy...or at best raise doubt.

I still wonder about the previous boyfriend who was a druggie and charged with another kidnapping years later...Holly did not necessarily have perfect friends. People often get angry when one brings up this stuff and it in no way justifies a murder but the defense will go there if there is any place to do to try to find a motive for someone other than their guy...or at best raise doubt.

You are so right. And, honestly, I think most of us can think back and remember some friends our parents would NOT have been happy about, had they known. Some stunts we pulled that, fortunately, turned out to be learning experiences and not something much worse. I'm sure my daughter - who is a fantastic mother and successful person - has had similar experiences, although I do NOT want to know about it. As you say, most families have secrets, stories or events they would prefer not be known. Accepting that crime victims are normal people, and not angels, doesn't mean we're excusing what happened to them.

I know we have discussed poor Clint at length, but he continues to weigh on my mind for so many reasons. I do think he believes the dog barking woke him, but her screams could also have awakened him without him realizing. You wake up, not sure why, and hearing the dog, you assume the dog woke you.

After listening to Karen Bobo's 911 call, where she was so panicked, it just seems impossible that Clint received a similar call and didn't think he should take it seriously, but I accept that's not for me to judge. I wasn't there, certainly not in his head. I pray, for his sake, that ZA's story about teaching him to cook meth is not true. That would be a horrible burden to carry for the rest of your life. It could be as simple as he really thought his Mom was freaking out over nothing or as complicated as being physically afraid to intervene. Again, we're not in position to know.

I saw in that interview where Karen Bobo said they don't celebrate birthday's or have family dinners anymore and that was this July. That haunted me and I hope it will change. Hopefully Clint and his wife will have some children and bring some joy to them all. I can't judge Karen Bobo because, God willing, I will never be in her shoes, but what a terrible burden for them all.

They could have been Holly's but had not been worn yet, and had been washed. She may have had them in her backpack as a clean set of clothes. My daughter often had an extra set of clothes in her backpack for after working out or swimming etc.

I believe it could be too that she had only put them on that morning, taken at 7:30 or shortly after and possibly not much DNA on them to begin with. Afterall they were apparently taken off her shortly after taken. That and one of the earlier witnesses said it had rained there. Possibly washing away what DNA there was or making it too weak to test positive.

JMO

I know we have discussed poor Clint at length, but he continues to weigh on my mind for so many reasons. I do think he believes the dog barking woke him, but her screams could also have awakened him without him realizing. You wake up, not sure why, and hearing the dog, you assume the dog woke you.

After listening to Karen Bobo's 911 call, where she was so panicked, it just seems impossible that Clint received a similar call and didn't think he should take it seriously, but I accept that's not for me to judge. I wasn't there, certainly not in his head. I pray, for his sake, that ZA's story about teaching him to cook meth is not true. That would be a horrible burden to carry for the rest of your life. It could be as simple as he really thought his Mom was freaking out over nothing or as complicated as being physically afraid to intervene. Again, we're not in position to know.

I saw in that interview where Karen Bobo said they don't celebrate birthday's or have family dinners anymore and that was this July. That haunted me and I hope it will change. Hopefully Clint and his wife will have some children and bring some joy to them all. I can't judge Karen Bobo because, God willing, I will never be in her shoes, but what a terrible burden for them all.

Yes I too noted Karen's comments about not celebrating anything...birthdays...christmas and that it was the 4 of them and now it is not...and boy I get that ...but hopefully after this trial she can maybe focus on some crime prevention work and somehow she needs to start enjoying life as it is now...as you said with maybe grandchildren...I frankly would want to move but I know that is not in her thinking...the woman I saw on the stand was still so fragile and now having to relive this...wow...but at least they are still together...often this brings divorce.

mod note:

1) When claiming something as a “fact,” you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources such as mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders. If you state “I read it somewhere” you need to be prepared to provide a link.

2) The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them....That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

3) Posting information from blogs and other forums is not allowed.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

4)Comments on facebook pages, under articles or social media are not to be referenced, discussed or copied.

This news story does not have an on-line date but I saw it posted elsewhere in 2014 back when Zach was arrested:
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24898062/holly-bobo-suspect-has-history-of-violence-against-women

The line that grabs me in the article is this part from Rebecca Earp:

[FONT=&amp]Later, as she sat on the front porch of the house that was just searched, Earp claimed, "When I didn't look at him, he would squeeze my head till I would look at him in the eyes. Then, he would punch me across the porch."[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]She added, "Adams stated that he would shoot me just like he did his mom."

Interesting considering she gave testimony where she stated Zach said,

“He told me he would tie me up like he did Holly Bobo, and no one would ever see me again,” Earp said on the stand

Link to that quote:
https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/liv...-would-tie-me-up-just-like-he-did-holly-bobo/

I have no doubt Zach was probably not a stellar boyfriend and could have threatened her. I just find that between 2014 when she gave that interview after he was arrested, and her testimony on the stand, a few very choice words might have been changed.

Could he have said both of those things above? Quite possibly. I'm just left thinking for Rebecca, it was an easy substitute for the truth on the stand, and it made it more sensational.
[/FONT]

I find it interesting that a warrant was done for bank records. LE said the Bobos made some false or misleading statements (I don't think saying Holly was 17 would be the only reason). Obviously LE thought that the Bobos were being less than forthcoming and wanted to delve deeper. That maybe they knew more than they were saying.

However financial records?? Did they think they'd find lots of cash deposits (meaning they were involved with something illegal and Holly's kidnapping was related to that activity)? I'm not sure I can think of much else.

PS--thanks to everyone who helped me understand the ping thing more clearly 🙂

This news story does not have an on-line date but I saw it posted elsewhere in 2014 back when Zach was arrested:
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24898062/holly-bobo-suspect-has-history-of-violence-against-women

The line that grabs me in the article is this part from Rebecca Earp:

[FONT=&]Later, as she sat on the front porch of the house that was just searched, Earp claimed, "When I didn't look at him, he would squeeze my head till I would look at him in the eyes. Then, he would punch me across the porch."[/FONT]
[FONT=&]She added, "Adams stated that he would shoot me just like he did his mom."

Interesting considering she gave testimony where she stated Zach said,

“He told me he would tie me up like he did Holly Bobo, and no one would ever see me again,” Earp said on the stand

Link to that quote:
https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/liv...-would-tie-me-up-just-like-he-did-holly-bobo/

I have no doubt Zach was probably not a stellar boyfriend and could have threatened her. I just find that between 2014 when she gave that interview after he was arrested, and her testimony on the stand, a few very choice words might have been changed.

Could he have said both of those things above? Quite possibly. I'm just left thinking for Rebecca, it was an easy substitute for the truth on the stand, and it made it more sensational.
[/FONT]

could be...Rebecca REALLY needs ZA to go away forever...can you imagine if he were released?

Do you think the state will rest Monday and will they have other witnesses?

I find it interesting that a warrant was done for bank records. LE said the Bobos made some false or misleading statements (I don't think saying Holly was 17 would be the only reason). Obviously LE thought that the Bobos were being less than forthcoming and wanted to delve deeper. That maybe they knew more than they were saying.

However financial records?? Did they think they'd find lots of cash deposits (meaning they were involved with something illegal and Holly's kidnapping was related to that activity)? I'm not sure I can think of much else.

PS--thanks to everyone who helped me understand the ping thing more clearly [emoji846]

I actually fear the defense somehow putting out there something they can't confirm (and is merely a distraction planted for doubt) against the family. And the prosecution objecting but too late or in a way that info is already "out there" in the jury's mind.

I hadn't been on all those local blogs until now and didn't realize what a witch hunt that poor family has been under....complete speculation from folks. I totally get the sensitivity to that now. And if Autry inserted that meth story related to them as some stunt....let's not forget a corroborated location testimony which he does have as a good witness to convict ZA, does not make him flawless in his story. A dramatic lie like that could easily be a tactic to sadistically have folks questioning the family for no reason, or could even be a protection for Zach Adams ---for if the crime is not seen as pre-meditated (if the drug thing were the original intention that Autry puts out there), then the death penalty may be less likely. Autry is smart and devious like that. I wouldn't put it past him.

I see the financial records as par for the course in any murder investigation ----not a "we have to go after the family because they have done something wrong" but to investigate any possible way to find the killers and any unknown/unaware of connections.

I'm so sickened and saddened by the terror these 4 caused together and just downright evil that I would hate for some sensationalized defense stunt against the family in any way to trump the work that had gotten us to this point of conviction of Zach Adams.

My prayer is that the prosecution keeps plowing forward and brings out all stops at the end.

Side note-- I really hope Hagerman is not the one to deliver the closing argument. While I like him in the questioning of witnesses phase, his opening statements were passionless, flat-effect, and not what Holly deserved. He may have been at this for the last couple years but for the jury this may be the first time they are really hearing the case.

And if there is anything that community has done for the Bobos, it is come together with COMPLETE passion, and hours and weeks and months spent, and excruciatingly painful days of search in helping her to be found and brought home.

The very LEAST that can be done in this tragedy is have a closing statement pulled together with the same amount of passion that went into finding her.

Lifting prayers up to the Bobo family tonight as the testimony continues tomorrow. [emoji120][emoji955]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member