Zach Adams on trial -kidnapping/murder Holly Bobo 9/20-22, 2017 GUILTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Dicus will make a statement.

that is the most unprofessional things you can do....what is wrong with this attorney...I tried in the beginning to give her the benefit of a doubt but at this point I have to question her intelligence level. You simply say we are disappointed but respect the jury's decision.

She is setting up her appeal. If it is retried, she wants her story out in the ether for the next jury.

Zach can't say he is sorry and admit guilt in the next phase of this trial b/c his words would come up against him if a new trial is warranted (I don't think it will be but...you never know). This is a real bind for them. I don't think we will hear much from him. I think the defense strategy is speaking out is also to make it clear that Zach won't be able to say much b/c of appeal--so hate them for protecting his rights.

If he does speak (Zach) what could he say? Beg for his life? That would be ironic to say the least. If I could ask him 1 question it would be-are u having fun!!!!!!

I don't hate the Defense. It is a right we are all entitled too and thankfully so. Zach got that. I just don't like her words. Right now. Save them for the appellate process.

[video=twitter;911376982335787008]https://twitter.com/SamanthaWZTV/status/911376982335787008[/video]

I worry about PawPaw and how he is handling this. While I don't agree with the enabling I think those boys put him thru hell and back. I just hope it doesn't affect his health. Then again I always wondered if he was afraid of Zach. Maybe the poor man can finally get some peace.
I thinks he's had some peace the past few years while Zack and Dylan have been locked up. I can't imagine living with a meth addict, always being asked for money and favors, having to call 911 on them. I hope he rests easy. While he may have enabled them none of this is his fault and very well been afraid of them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The press conference that stands out in my mind is Jose Baez and his defense team gloating in front of the cameras. Cheney Mason partying afterwards and his inappropriate hand gesture to the media. That press conference made me feel sick.

Thompson's press conference didn't bother me.

I think I mentally blocked that presser out.

See you all tomorrow. It's been quite a ride and thankful I was here for most of it to share with such wonderful folk. I am On Call tomorrow as of 1 p.m. my time (noon Tennessee time) so not sure what I can catch after that. Have a wonderful and restful night all. I hope the Bobo's are feeling some measure of comfort.

Besides grandpa, mom and brother, does Zach have children or other relatives? I am wondering if there are family members who will be testifying in the next phase of this trial.

Besides grandpa, mom and brother, does Zach have children or other relatives? I am wondering if there are family members who will be testifying in the next phase of this trial.

No children no other relatives we know of

Defense atty maintains that ZA is innocent, and they just convicted the wrong person of HB's murder. Obviously the jury didn't see the evidence and witnesses in the same way she did (or me either, to be honest). But I hope and pray for justice more than unassailable witnesses and proof, and have to trust the jury got to the right verdict despite the path.

I trust the jury did just that. It bolsters my faith in humanity each time I see a jury that is able to connect the dots.

@Harmony my friend will you make a new thread for tomorrow for the sentencing phase

Once this case goes to appeals, which takes a couple years or so, depending, it won't be based on guilt or innocence since the jury rendered a unanimous verdict. It's up to the defense to file an appeal unless he gets the DP then the appeal (first one) will be automatic.

Appellate court judges do not re-try cases, and they do not hear new evidence. They review decisions made by the trial court, and are usually limited to reviewing only the arguments that were made in the trial court and raised by the parties.

<modsnip>

Who is JoJo? I remember him being mentioned in the trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members