Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

Also said she had PND (PPD for those of you in the US) after Zahra was born, which is how/why AB got custody.

Also said she had PND (PPD for those of you in the US) after Zahra was born, which is how/why AB got custody.

Then he kept moving every time she found them so she couldn't get her back! But was shocked at how she was treated, as we all are. Agree her discovery prompted the reporting. She said the timing was just MEAN. To say the least.

Then he kept moving every time she found them so she couldn't get her back! But was shocked at how she was treated, as we all are. Agree her discovery prompted the reporting. She said the timing was just MEAN. To say the least.

Thank you for the heads up - it is just about to start now in Brisie.

It was a very emotional interview, I'm sure it was her posting on the Hinkey site, she said the same in the interview as she did on there. I feel so sorry for Zahra that she didn't get to know her mother, imagine how different everything would be now if AB hadn't kept Zahra away from her. For this alone he should never be forgiven. I am so sad and angry about all of this, imagine how her mother is feeling.

Getting custody is one thing, but how does that mean the other parent has no visitation rights? Unless AB was being directed by someone else, seems he has his own mean streak. Zahra deserved to know at least what her mother looked like and to know her mother for herself. I can only wonder how often Zahra thought and cried for her mother.

It was a very emotional interview, I'm sure it was her posting on the Hinkey site, she said the same in the interview as she did on there. I feel so sorry for Zahra that she didn't get to know her mother, imagine how different everything would be now if AB hadn't kept Zahra away from her. For this alone he should never be forgiven. I am so sad and angry about all of this, imagine how her mother is feeling.

Did she mention on the hinky site if her and KB are/were in contact?

I got the impression from what KB allegedly wrote on the Zahra FB page that they were not close.

IMO, someone in Oz had to be helping AB hide Zahra for all those years.

If only they had joined forces to keep Zahra in Oz!

She said on the Hinky site that once she tracked them down she asked Karen if she could contact Zahra and Karen said 'Flat out no!'. His mother helped him keep them apart IMO.

Well that was absolutely gut wrenching. Emily had a beautiful little golden baby bracelet with a locket, must have been from Zahra's birth, it was still in a silken box. The resemblance to Zahra is uncanny - they look so much a like. Emily said she doesn't want them to find any more pieces of Zahra as that would tell the story of what happened and she couldn't take that. Then at the end she said she wants to put Zahra back together again, make her whole and take her home. (para phrasing here)

She said on the Hinky site that once she tracked them down she asked Karen if she could contact Zahra and Karen said 'Flat out no!'. His mother helped him keep them apart IMO.

BBM-
That's what I was thinking. Would be interesting to hear KB's version....not that I think she will be talking any time soon.

She said that she had been searching for AB but with no luck, then one day she was looking at an old friend of hers profile and saw that KB, the grandmother, was a friend of her friends mother :waitasec: She then contacted her friend and asked if her mum would contact KB to put her in contact with AB and she received a big fat no from KB. Her friends mum was very apologetic because she said that although she knew her story about losing her daughter years before, she never put 2 and 2 together that the daughter she had been searching for was her friend, KB's granddaughter.

Getting custody is one thing, but how does that mean the other parent has no visitation rights? Unless AB was being directed by someone else, seems he has his own mean streak. Zahra deserved to know at least what her mother looked like and to know her mother for herself. I can only wonder how often Zahra thought and cried for her mother.

The question does need to be asked though doesn't it? Did the Baker family try and keep Emily, Zahra's mother, out of her life deliberately and if so why?

There does seem to be some nasty nasty business going on that had been going on for a long time. Enough of us witnessed it on Facebook.

Zahra Baker's birth mother Emily Deitrich

3b78b089.jpg

Great interview she said a lot of the same things she said on the Hinky Meter about how she lost contact with Zahra, and how Adam kept them apart. At the end she says she knows Zahra never called Elisa Baker mum because she has enough of herself in her to never do that.

Strong interview, she cried the whole way through heartbreaking.

Is this a pic of AB with Zahra? If it is then boy has he aged A LOT in the last 10 years.

Well that was absolutely gut wrenching. Emily had a beautiful little golden baby bracelet with a locket, must have been from Zahra's birth, it was still in a silken box. The resemblance to Zahra is uncanny - they look so much a like. Emily said she doesn't want them to find any more pieces of Zahra as that would tell the story of what happened and she couldn't take that. Then at the end she said she wants to put Zahra back together again, make her whole and take her home. (para phrasing here)

THANK YOU for this description, darnudes. I just knew that Zahra was in her mother's heart, and that she really had been looking for her! Yes, it had to be just gut wrenching for you (and our other loved Aussies) to watch.

The baby bracelet and the tiny locket just tears at my heart. The statement of wanting to put Zahra back together again, make her whole and take her home is another gut wrenching thing.

I am so sorry for ED. I SO wish it had been so much different for she and Zahra.

Thank you, Aussie friends.

Sorry it's taking so long to load the vid. I've got the fastest connection available and it's still taken over an hour for a 3 min video!

Welcome to Oz where everything is slow lol.

Here is the gold baby bracelet.

bb641a56.jpg

1b51d4cd.jpg

She should have been left with Emily.

Sorry it's taking so long to load the vid. I've got the fastest connection available and it's still taken over an hour for a 3 min video!

THANK YOU, butwhatif?! I so appreciate you doing this!

THANK YOU for this description, darnudes. I just knew that Zahra was in her mother's heart, and that she really had been looking for her! Yes, it had to be just gut wrenching for you (and our other loved Aussies) to watch.

The baby bracelet and the tiny locket just tears at my heart. The statement of wanting to put Zahra back together again, make her whole and take her home is another gut wrenching thing.

I am so sorry for ED. I SO wish it had been so much different for she and Zahra.

Thank you, Aussie friends.

Yw LaLaw. I think MrsG and I were bawling like babies and I'm sure butwhatif was too. I really hope all our American friends get to see it and know that Zahra was loved and treasured.

On a side note, it just goes to show what the Australia media thinks of missing children cases...they really don't give a toss. Emily got a lousy 3 mins to talk about Zahra (we have to be thankful we even got that much) - Australian media, get your act together!

Now Darnudes, in defense of the Australian media, it was Melbourne Cup week.

We appreciate you :) and the hubster who alerted us it was going to be on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back