Zahra's memorial and where to be buried.

This is my opinion only but I think the memorial is to make AB, KB and all the rest of their cohorts look better. I'd say its to try to control as much as possible and with the comment about LE not releasing the remains, it was also a dig at the biological mother. Bless Zahra's heart. I suspect we are getting a picture of what has happened in the past and justifies for me everything her biological mom has said.

I just don't have a good feeling about this. I have an even worse feeling about what Zahra suffered and her death! Very ominous feeling with great foreboding..

I don't think it is the right time for a memorial but maybe things will change this week?

Reminders:

• No bashing of non-suspects.
  • No name calling.
  • No sleuthing of non-suspects.
  • Be very careful of how much weight you give to unverified sources from other sites, who, in actuality, could be anyone.
  • If you choose to interact with people claiming to be case players, please don't bring those interactions here - as both the source and you are then unverified "insiders," and this classes as rumour.

We gave these threads a lot of leaway this weekend to see where they were going, but the Facebook comments have started to take over every thread with no real way to tell if these posters are who they are claiming to be.

I know it is very difficult to manage a case when the MSM dries up, and it is nervewracking to wait for charges/trials/info/etc, but, sadly, this happens with nearly every case at some point. Every case team has to learn how to deal with the agony of the long haul eventually.

Keep Zahra in your thoughts, but try not to let anger and rumour get the best of you.

This thread is to discuss Zahra's memorial and where she will be laid to rest. Please, get back on topic.

I would just love it if the police showed up and arrested AB at the memorial.

I'm also wondering if there's going to be a list of who's allowed to attend, aka Cindy Anthony's list for Caylee's memorial? That wouldn't surprise me in the least. I really hope they don't take Zahra's memorial as an opportunity to extol the virtues of AB - it should be about Zahra, not him!

This whole memorial by AB and family just makes me sick.

Bumping from the News Thread

ZAHRA Baker's only relatives in America - her grieving father Adam Baker and grandmother Karen Baker - are in hiding, under police protection, as public anger surges through the North Carolina township of Hickory

(snipped)

"The Baker family will throw open the doors of the memorial service to the public, saying they understand that others need closure too - everyone who helped look for Zahra over that agonising five-week period, the police investigators, emergency workers, her school mates, close friends and neighbours, and complete strangers whose lives were touched by her story.

Her grieving father and grandmother will be in the front pew of the church service to be held at the Drum Funeral Home in Hickory before the Reverend Larry Cooley, saying this time they refuse to be cowed by public vilification into not attending the memorial to Zahra's life."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...memorial-service/story-e6frf7l6-1225963220764

I personally find this VERY disturbing on so many levels....

"This time we're not going to stay away because people think we should," Karen Baker said, speaking exclusively to the Townsville Bulletin from her hideaway.

:censored:

MOO everyone is so up in the air about ABs involvement and things have gotten so heated in the "side" debate - Bs vs ED that no matter what the Bs do at this point it will be picked apart. I have a feeling things are going to get offtrack and it will be sullied by ugly.

I hope for Zahra's sake this can be about her. For just a minute, without any ruccus.

"This time we're not going to stay away because people think we should," Karen Baker said, speaking exclusively to the Townsville Bulletin from her hideaway.

:censored:

Wow. Well, good luck to her and AB. If they're going to let anyone in, there's going to be some crazies among them...so brave of them yet so stupid at the same time...I get that the grandmother wants closure, but forcing themselves on a public that doesn't like them is NOT the way to do it...Jeebus, make it a private memorial for family only!

And I take issue with them saying they're Zahra's only relatives in America - uh HELLO EMILY IS HERE NOW TOO! Why are they trying to one up her so bad? They should be worrying more about what happened to this beloved child, not fighting to be the ones that love her the most! What, loving her the most exonerates AB in some way? He's going to have come up with better than that for the law to be satisfied! AB and his mom's priorities are not in the right place right now...

Wow. Well, good luck to her and AB. If they're going to let anyone in, there's going to be some crazies among them...so brave of them yet so stupid at the same time...I get that the grandmother wants closure, but forcing themselves on a public that doesn't like them is NOT the way to do it...Jeebus, make it a private memorial for family only!

And I take issue with them saying they're Zahra's only relatives in America - uh HELLO EMILY IS HERE NOW TOO! Why are they trying to one up her so bad? They should be worrying more about what happened to this beloved child, not fighting to be the ones that love her the most! What, loving her the most exonerates AB in some way? He's going to have come up with better than that for the law to be satisfied! AB and his mom's priorities are not in the right place right now...

ED is back to the US again from Australia?

ED is back to the US again from Australia?

She left? I didn't know that if that is true. I thought she was still here and not leaving without Zahra's remains...I'm confused...I apologize. I had no idea that she left.

Well if she left, then that was a definite dig at ED for leaving. How nice of them. I find myself disliking AB and his mom more each day. This memorial should be a doozy...

Emily is home in AU now... and has been for quite a while.

Emily is home in AU now... and has been for quite a while.

Huh, I don't know how I missed that. I guess when I was reading about ED being upset that she wasn't invited to this memorial, and about Australia's Prime Minister trying to help her get custody of Zahra's remains, I assumed she was here in America. That's what it sounded like to me. I guess I totally missed that she went back home.

Huh, I don't know how I missed that. I guess when I was reading about ED being upset that she wasn't invited to this memorial, and about Australia's Prime Minister trying to help her get custody of Zahra's remains, I assumed she was here in America. That's what it sounded like to me. I guess I totally missed that she went back home.

S'ok :) Even I don't know which end is up anymore involving this gutwrenching case and despicable characters...

You're NOT alone.

Emily has 2 other children at home to care for. I assume that is why she went back as quickly as she did.

Well that and whatever info LE divulged to her. They certainly seemed very sympathetic towards her, no matter the length of her visit.

Whatever the reason, I am trying to refrain from attempting to have an opinion on that just as much as I am trying very hard to not have an opinion on KB or AB as pertains to who should have had Z when, etc thing.

The memorial service for 10-year-old Zahra Baker has been moved to a later date and will be a private service. Drum Funeral Home announced the changes on Tuesday and said Zahra’s family decided to make the changes.
There will be an opportunity for visitors to stop by Drum Funeral Home on in Hickory to sign the register book and view a memorial tribute of Zahra on Thursday evening, Dec. 2 from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. and on Friday, Dec. 3 from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Service-for-Zahra-Baker-changed-to-later-date-111073014.html

I wonder who pulled the plug on the genius idea to open the memorial to the public and turn it into a circus? And since the opportunities for visitors to 'stop by' are on Thursday 2-5pm, and Friday 1-4pm, then if I was interested in having a look-see when people show up for the service I'd be doing so in the immediate days following. We don't have funerals on weekends in Australia, is it the same in the states?

Well that was a fast turnaround. I guess <KB> came to her senses, thank goodness. I was really worried about her, honestly. Opening herself and AB up to the public like she originally wanted is just not a good idea. Maybe AB's lawyers changed her mind? I can see them vetoing the original memorial idea.

FYI:

Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players.

The full rules and policies of this board can be found here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please read them.

From this point on, since this forum might be moving fast tonight, the mods will likely not have time to edit, and posts not within the rules will be removed instead of edited.

Please familiarize yourself with the rules if you have not yet had the chance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back