ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting - about OCA saying look for both Fernandez and Gonzales, because I was over at the Hinky reading the LE's reports filed for the 16th and 17th and in OCA's initial statements, there is no mention of the word Fernandez, just Zenaida Gonzales. It was obviously added when the LE told OCA they found ZG who swears she is not "the one".

Typical.

No, she said "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" in the third 911 call. Page 4:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/emails/cindyanthony911_071508_2.pdf

That's interesting - about OCA saying look for both Fernandez and Gonzales, because I was over at the Hinky reading the LE's reports filed for the 16th and 17th and in OCA's initial statements, there is no mention of the word Fernandez, just Zenaida Gonzales. It was obviously added when the LE told OCA they found ZG who swears she is not "the one".

Typical.
Casey used the Fernandez during the 911 calls, before LE told her anything. I'll never forget her spelling it out repeatedly, including the hyphen. It's also in her written statement to LE.

EDIT - sorry, should have read further to see that this had already been addressed.

Still searching for quote re: plates but here is her comment about New York from 1st phone call home:

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/25/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Missing Person Case Phone Calls Released
Aired July 25, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET

Casey is so quick with the lies. She told LE that ZFG came from NY so when LE couldn't find her in the DAVID system she covered to her family by saying ZFG could have a NY license. What she didn't account for is that she had told LE that ZFG had been in Florida for years, and even completed 4 years of college in Florida. Certainly she would have a Florida license after all that time.

Has anyone found anything yet stating that the car Z?G drove had NY plates or that it belonged to her brother? There must be information about the car somewhere, unless it was just a rumor that it was an older foreign car.

Casey used the Fernandez during the 911 calls, before LE told her anything. I'll never forget her spelling it out repeatedly, including the hyphen. It's also in her written statement to LE.

EDIT - sorry, should have read further to see that this had already been addressed.

Report by Uri Melich - Incident report re Zenaida Gonzales. 15/07/08

found at www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/reports/incidentreport101508.pdf

On July 15th, 2008 at 0045 hrs, I was notified by Sgt. Reggie Nosey about a report of a missing child, later identified as Caylee Anthony (2 yoa).
The initial report indicated the child was last seen at 2863 S. Conway Road around apartment #210 on June 9th, 2008 between 0900 and 1300 hrs. According to the child's mother, the child was last left with the babysitter (Zenaida Gonzalez) at the above S. Conway Road address. Since June 9th, the defendant has not been able to locate Zenaida or her child and she never reported the incident to law enforcement until tonight. The reason she was reporting it tonight was because her mother, Cynthia Anthony, insisted on calling the police after the defendant told her she hadn't seen the child for over a month. Cynthia found the defendant and brought her home after the car the defendant was driving (a white 98 Pontiac bearing Florida tag G63XV) was found abandoned and towed several days ago. Deputies had gone to the S. Conway Road address and met with management who told them the apartment the defendant showed them had been vacant for 142 days (since February 29th).
I briefed my supervisor (Sgt. John Allen) and responded to 4937 Hopespring Drive to begin my investigation. I first met with the defendant inside the residence and spoke with her alone and away from other family members. Before asking for a recorded statement, I reviewed her original four page written sworn statement and asked if this was her version of what happened. She said it was. I told her that the incident was very suspicious and her version suspect. I gave her an opportunity to tell me something different, but she claimed her written version was true and accurate. I then conducted a recorded interview of the defendant in her presence and with her knowledge.
The defendant lived at this address on Hopespring Drive until June 9th, 2008. On June 9th, she left with her daughter Caylee to go to work at Universal Studios. This was between 0900 and 1300 hrs. En route, she says she stopped by 2863 S Conway Road and met with Zenaida Gonzalez who babysits Caylee. She left Caylee with Zenaida at that building at the stairwell that leads to apartment 210. She says she's known Zenaida for four years and Zenaida has babysat Caylee for the past one and a half years. When the defendant left work around 1700 hrs and came to pick up Caylee, she says she got no answer at the door. She tried calling Zenaida's cell phone (number unknown) and got no answer. She started going to places that Zenaida was known to frequent but didn't locate her or her child.

What can I say?

Casey is so quick with the lies. She told LE that ZFG came from NY so when LE couldn't find her in the DAVID system she covered to her family by saying ZFG could have a NY license. What she didn't account for is that she had told LE that ZFG had been in Florida for years, and even completed 4 years of college in Florida. Certainly she would have a Florida license after all that time.

Has anyone found anything yet stating that the car Z?G drove had NY plates or that it belonged to her brother? There must be information about the car somewhere, unless it was just a rumor that it was an older foreign car.

I've heard it was her boyfriend's car, her brother's car, her son's car....

Morgan said in a court filing that the car she arrived in (to visit Sawgrass) had NY plates but not (IIRC) whose car it was or what kind of car it was.

Report by Uri Melich - Incident report re Zenaida Gonzales. 15/07/08

found at www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/reports/incidentreport101508.pdf

On July 15th, 2008 at 0045 hrs, I was notified by Sgt. Reggie Nosey about a report of a missing child, later identified as Caylee Anthony (2 yoa).
The initial report indicated the child was last seen at 2863 S. Conway Road around apartment #210 on June 9th, 2008 between 0900 and 1300 hrs. According to the child's mother, the child was last left with the babysitter (Zenaida Gonzalez) at the above S. Conway Road address. Since June 9th, the defendant has not been able to locate Zenaida or her child and she never reported the incident to law enforcement until tonight. The reason she was reporting it tonight was because her mother, Cynthia Anthony, insisted on calling the police after the defendant told her she hadn't seen the child for over a month. Cynthia found the defendant and brought her home after the car the defendant was driving (a white 98 Pontiac bearing Florida tag G63XV) was found abandoned and towed several days ago. Deputies had gone to the S. Conway Road address and met with management who told them the apartment the defendant showed them had been vacant for 142 days (since February 29th).
I briefed my supervisor (Sgt. John Allen) and responded to 4937 Hopespring Drive to begin my investigation. I first met with the defendant inside the residence and spoke with her alone and away from other family members. Before asking for a recorded statement, I reviewed her original four page written sworn statement and asked if this was her version of what happened. She said it was. I told her that the incident was very suspicious and her version suspect. I gave her an opportunity to tell me something different, but she claimed her written version was true and accurate. I then conducted a recorded interview of the defendant in her presence and with her knowledge.
The defendant lived at this address on Hopespring Drive until June 9th, 2008. On June 9th, she left with her daughter Caylee to go to work at Universal Studios. This was between 0900 and 1300 hrs. En route, she says she stopped by 2863 S Conway Road and met with Zenaida Gonzalez who babysits Caylee. She left Caylee with Zenaida at that building at the stairwell that leads to apartment 210. She says she's known Zenaida for four years and Zenaida has babysat Caylee for the past one and a half years. When the defendant left work around 1700 hrs and came to pick up Caylee, she says she got no answer at the door. She tried calling Zenaida's cell phone (number unknown) and got no answer. She started going to places that Zenaida was known to frequent but didn't locate her or her child.

What can I say?

Obviously LE did not have the irrational obsession with middle names for fake people that Casey had. ;) But the fact is that Casey used the whole "ZFG" name from at least the third 911 call (I linked the transcript a couple of posts back).

ETA: Here's her written statement, too:

http://jessicaspraggins.wordpress.com/2011/06/04/casey-anthonys-written-statement-to-police/

Morgan said in a court filing that the car she arrived in (to visit Sawgrass) had NY plates but not (IIRC) whose car it was or what kind of car it was.

Obviously Morgan's court filings can not be taken as fact. I think we need another source.

((I do realize NG Show transcripts are not official transcripts but easier at this point to copy & paste
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/26/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Casey Anthony Interrogation Tapes
Aired December 26, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET
re: Zenaida having children - What Casey said

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/16478419/Casey-Anthony-counter-sues-ZFG-November-2008
Casey counter suit - November 2008

This Counter Suit is moot I suppose since they realized what they had said and threw this version out. My point is that they referred to her as "Zenaida Gonzalez" and said that Casey told the truth to LE about the Nanny

I remember discussing the errors in the counter suit document when it was first released. There were more errors, not just the 2 children thing. It appears to me to be very shoddy work by the attorneys on both sides. Seems you should get more for your money when you hire one of those "high-powered' attorneys.

Apparently the real ZG had a red ford focus.

I remember discussing the errors in the counter suit document when it was first released. There were more errors, not just the 2 children thing. It appears to me to be very shoddy work by the attorneys on both sides. Seems you should get more for your money when you hire one of those "high-powered' attorneys.

Let's say they appear now to have been a little over anxious to get the story out there without checking on the facts. The mixup may have come from a misunderstanding of what ZG was told by the investigators and what she repeated to Morgan. We will probably never know why there was a mixup in the facts. What we should not do is blame ZG when she appears to have been consistent in her statements throughout.

In their defense I will say that in the beginning all M&M appeared to want was a statement from KC clearing ZG as the nanny. KC refused to do it. Maybe JB got one of those "blank" stares when he asked. My guess is DT has had little control over her as KC does things on a whim. jmo

could be what Casey told her attorneys....

Where does this information come from? It's always been said that she had an older silver car

I'm trying to figure out where I found out this information. I'll get back to you :)

could be what Casey told her attorneys....

Possibly, but I think it's the obligation of the attorneys to verify that what their client tells them is the same thing she told the police so they don't end up with egg on their face when they put incorrect and easily verifiable information in their legal documents. That's why they make the big bucks.

I'm trying to figure out where I found out this information. I'll get back to you :)

Thanks, I appreciate that. In the meantime, I'm trying to find where the information that Z?G drove an older foreign car with NY plates came from. So far I'm having no luck.

Obviously LE did not have the irrational obsession with middle names for fake people that Casey had. ;) But the fact is that Casey used the whole "ZFG" name from at least the third 911 call (I linked the transcript a couple of posts back).

ETA: Here's her written statement, too:

http://jessicaspraggins.wordpress.com/2011/06/04/casey-anthonys-written-statement-to-police/

Yes, but isn't this whole thing based on ZG being identified and visited by the LE to give a statement and the ensuing media coverage, plus the lack of public denial by OCA? Or one of the DT?
By the time the case came to trial we even have LBK saying on TV that of course OCA lied about ZG...so I consider all the little details OCA chose to ad as just heresay, and not relevant to the bones of the case. This is a civil case not a criminal case and it is about defamation of character. Just the fact OCA refused to state that ZG was not "the one" to me is where the strength of the case lies.

We currently in Canada have the case of a man who lived next door to a "prominent" murderer who was recently tried and convicted for life and stripped of his military rank and honours. The neighbour is suing the police/government for investigating him as being involved and he will win. And we have NO media coverage pretrial in Canada.

Yes, but isn't this whole thing based on ZG being identified and visited by the LE to give a statement and the ensuing media coverage, plus the lack of public denial by OCA? Or one of the DT?
By the time the case came to trial we even have LBK saying on TV that of course OCA lied about ZG...so I consider all the little details OCA chose to ad as just heresay, and not relevant to the bones of the case. This is a civil case not a criminal case and it is about defamation of character. Just the fact OCA refused to state that ZG was not "the one" to me is where the strength of the case lies.

We currently in Canada have the case of a man who lived next door to a "prominent" murderer who was recently tried and convicted for life and stripped of his military rank and honours. The neighbour is suing the police/government for investigating him as being involved and he will win. And we have NO media coverage pretrial in Canada.

Casey told LE right from the start that it was not this ZG, she's too old. If LE choose to investigate further, that's on them, not Casey. I don't consider one phone call and a brief meeting with police to be much of an investigation. Imagine the chaos if everyone the police ever questioned while investigating a missing child case decided to sue! Whatever happened to doing ones civic duty and voluntarily cooperating with the police?

The link is no longer good, but I found this on one of the old threads:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../02/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Zenaida`s Attorneys Have Questions for Casey Anthony
Aired February 2, 2009 - 20:00:00 ET

GRACE: And Keith, very quickly, before we go to break, what connection did your client, Zenaida Gonzalez, have with Sawgrass Apartments?
MITNIK: She was there applying to move in there.
GRACE: Right.
MITNIK: And her name was on an application. She was...
GRACE: And that was it.
MITNIK: ... driving her car from New York, and suddenly, her name comes up and this woman is saying it`s a lady from New York and we believe there may be connection.
GRACE: Oh, did Zenaida have New York plates?
MITNIK: Yes.

There's more someplace though, still can't find the description of Z?G's car.

Casey told LE right from the start that it was not this ZG, she's too old. If LE choose to investigate further, that's on them, not Casey. I don't consider one phone call and a brief meeting with police to be much of an investigation. Imagine the chaos if everyone the police ever questioned while investigating a missing child case decided to sue! Whatever happened to doing ones civic duty and voluntarily cooperating with the police?

And just how was the LE to know this wasn't just another one of OCA's lies? By the time they knew better, and OCA connived to have CA make public statements, told her mother she was not shown her picture, then media had ahold of it and the damage was done.

Same answer - OCA did NOT direct her DT to make a long and public, apologetic statement to/via the media clearly stating ZG was not the Nanny.
This was a high profile, highly charged case with a huge media following.

BBM: Where does it say ZG didn't do exactly that? This was a low income woman with few resources who would/may have been extremely frightened by any suggestions she was involved. To not have a public statement, in fact the opposite would have just fanned the flames.

I don't give a squat for what OCA said about ZG, what I care about is what she did NOT say. This case is a no brainer.

This lawsuit has nothing to do with the police interview of ZG. If it had stopped there, she would have no case and we can all agree on that. The point is the case begins when KC refuses to clear this particular ZG from Kississmee. This is what the media ran with. This is what caused all the problems. This is what left doubts in the minds of many people as to who this ZG was....I mean, she was at Sawgrass, she had NY plates on her car. But the biggest and most damning information to media spread was this ZG was a Sawgrass about the time that Caylee disappeared.

KC in all her glory decided she would not retract her statement but let it stand to see where it would go. ZG could have been killed by some outraged loon, it's possible.....a long shot....but possible. This is the "meat" of ZG's case. People are interviewed by LE everyday without the media making it "Headline News". This was not the case with ZG and she was suspected by some to be involved. The root of ZG's problem started with KC and LE. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea