ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention she just went through a competency motion less than a month ago in which three doctors felt she was quite fine to go ahead with her trial. I'd say that also means she's quite fine to answer questions regarding that trial.

I wonder if Matt Morgan can use that as a reason not to delay.

Good point ... if she's well enough to get through her capital murder trial and all of the gruesome details of Caylee's murder, I would say she's certainly well enough to get through a deposition ...

FCA is unable to keep her trap shut. She chatted every chance she got throughout the entire trial. She also managed to flip the bird at either Jose or the camera man. She has no problems expressing herself. The only problem she has is facing the consequences of her actions.

I think they want FCA to stay in hiding until they can strike a money deal for her first appearance. If she is forced to go public and speak under oath, who needs an interview?

IMO

As much as I dislike Miss FCA, I don't quite understand where you get the idea that she can't keep her mouth shut. We haven't heard from her AT ALL in the three years this has been going on. CA might have earned that title but FCA has been keeping it all to herself/her team.

As much as I dislike Miss FCA, I don't quite understand where you get the idea that she can't keep her mouth shut. We haven't heard from her AT ALL in the three years this has been going on. CA might have earned that title but FCA has been keeping it all to herself/her team.

I had the same thought. Getting Casey to shut up isn't a problem, the problem seems to be getting her to talk.

Wonder if they will hire bouncers, as they did for the funeral. :innocent:

When you are hated as much as this family is, they need "bouncers" or security at events.

It's a shame they can't mourn a death or celebrate a marital union without worrying about their safety.

JMO

Is caylees death still being actively investigated (since there's no 'proof' she died in the pool)?
If kc skeeps to her story under oath in the depo and later we find out the real cause, is that perjury?
Just wondering if maybe that's why she's clamming up...

John Morgan served Casey Anthony with papers seeking her video deposition on July 19. She is being represented in this civil case by attorney Charles Greene - an attorney who apparently has been a part of the defense team for some time now.

http://www.forthepeople.com/casey-anthony-case.htm

Will we finally hear her speak? It is my theory that by answering JM's questions, she will be giving her "true story" - the same "true story" that she will be trying to sell. Who knows what she would say, but whatever she says will be under oath.

I also heard that she could not use a 5th amendment right to not answer; however, I have also heard that if she appeals the 4 counts of lying to LE, then she may still be able to avoid answering certain questions.

Thought this might be worthy of further discussion.

Well, the questions have to be reasonable and relevant, they can't just ask anything. The purpose of the civil case is not to determine what happened to Caylee (that is not relevant), it is to determine if KA defamed Z. So, the questions would revolve around how she came up with the Z name.

She can refuse to answer and then it would be for a court to decide if the question was relevant enough to compell an answer. So if you are expecting the real story of what happened to Caylee I wouldn't advise holding your breath.

Well, the questions have to be reasonable and relevant, they can't just ask anything. The purpose of the civil case is not to determine what happened to Caylee (that is not relevant), it is to determine if KA defamed Z. So, the questions would revolve around how she came up with the Z name.

She can refuse to answer and then it would be for a court to decide if the question was relevant enough to compell an answer. So if you are expecting the real story of what happened to Caylee I wouldn't advise holding your breath.

BBM-Wouldn't ZG be compelled to show the falsity of the claim? In doing that, John Morgan has expressed that he means to show that ZG was falsely accused; That KC's claims could not be true because ZG could not be a kidnapper (later to be killer)...because someone other than ZG was the kidnapper/killer (Casey).
So, I think he will ask questions that lead to what actually happened to Caylee, on the premise that he must show beyond question that his client could not be what KC said she was, because it was KC herself.
Question his motivation or whether he actually needs to go to that length, for sure, but he has stated that this is the route he intends to travel, so I believe he will ask her what happened.
Whether she answers, as you wrote about, is a different story...

Is caylees death still being actively investigated (since there's no 'proof' she died in the pool)?
Nope because the police have no other suspects. All roads lead to Casey and she can't be tried again in criminal court for the murder of Caylee. It was NO accident- there is ZERO proof of that and neither is there any proof of George or Roy Kronk's involvement. There was tons of proof of Casey's involvement, but this particular jury couldn't be bothered to deliberate over the evidence!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead: Case: CLOSED!

BBM-Wouldn't ZG be compelled to show the falsity of the claim? In doing that, John Morgan has expressed that he means to show that ZG was falsely accused; That KC's claims could not be true because ZG could not be a kidnapper (later to be killer)...because someone other than ZG was the kidnapper/killer (Casey).
So, I think he will ask questions that lead to what actually happened to Caylee, on the premise that he must show beyond question that his client could not be what KC said she was, because it was KC herself.
Question his motivation or whether he actually needs to go to that length, for sure, but he has stated that this is the route he intends to travel, so I believe he will ask her what happened.

She is not going to answer anything. At most, she is going to say this is not the Zenaida I referred to and there is no Zenaida. And that will be the end of it. So if people are looking forward to a lengthy deposition with KC, it is not going to happen - never. She is going to answer through her lawyers and there may even be a small settlement and it will go away. We will never see KC on tape on this case.

Accused of what? KC never specifically accused this woman of anything, she said that someone with that name was a babysitter who had Caylee. When shown a picture of ZG she didn't identify her as the person. So there was no accusation against this specific woman. What would be at issue would be how the name was obtained and if ZG suffered damage as a result of that. What happened to Caylee is not relevant, they allready know ZG had nothing to do with it - that is not being disputed (unless her lawyer is trying to suggest that maybe she might have, and I doubt that).

The purpose of the lawsuit IMO is not to get money from KC, but to insert ZG into the case so that she can sell the rights to her story. If she is not center stage at some point her story is not sellable. I'm sure ZG's lawyer will attempt to probe into the Caylee case, essentially to fluff out the value of the clients prospects by revealing salacious details but expect KC's team to resist that, because it is irrelevant to the case being tried.

She is not going to answer anything. At most, she is going to say this is not the Zenaida I referred to and there is no Zenaida. And that will be the end of it. So if people are looking forward to a lengthy deposition with KC, it is not going to happen - never. She is going to answer through her lawyers and there may even be a small settlement and it will go away. We will never see KC on tape on this case.

Zenaida's lawsuit can proceed without ICA showing up or co operating in any way though, can't it? Zenaida could get her hands on some of that money Larry Flynt is bragging about- there would be some justice if it ended up in her hands rather than ICA....

Accused of what? KC never specifically accused this woman of anything, she said that someone with that name was a babysitter who had Caylee. When shown a picture of ZG she didn't identify her as the person. So there was no accusation against this specific woman. What would be at issue would be how the name was obtained and if ZG suffered damage as a result of that. What happened to Caylee is not relevant, they allready know ZG had nothing to do with it - that is not being disputed (unless her lawyer is trying to suggest that maybe she might have, and I doubt that).

The purpose of the lawsuit IMO is not to get money for KC, but to insert ZG into the case so that she can sell the rights to her story. If she is not center stage at some point her story is not sellable. I'm sure ZG's lawyer will attempt to probe into the Caylee case, essentially to fluff out the value of the clients prospects by revealing salacious details but expect KC's team to resist that, because it is irrelevant to the case being tried.

ICA did not pick ZG out of the photos she was shown by LE.
However, when CA questioned her about this- (CA/GA had been told she could not pick her out of a lineup) she asked - "Did anyone ask you to describe her and did they do a composite drawing of her?"
ICA responds- "Not once, and when they went and interviewed that girl down in Kissimmee they never showed me a picture of her".
CA says " Well they told us you couldn't pull her out of a lineup!"
ICA says " They're full of ---- I had told them multiple times, find a sketch artist,show me pictures, show me something, I can pick her out for you".

When LE showed her a picture of the real Zenaida she did not identify her, but she publicly denies that to CA- wanting to keep the ZG story going until it suited her better. Her conversation with CA re Zenaida from Kissimmee was aired over national TV- to an audience of millions, perpetuating the story that she might have had something to do with Caylee's supposed kidnapping, when by rights she should have publicly exonerated her!

Zenaida's lawsuit can proceed without ICA showing up or co operating in any way though, can't it? Zenaida could get her hands on some of that money Larry Flynt is bragging about- there would be some justice if it ended up in her hands rather than ICA....

JMO, money talk is crass, but her making money is no different imo

it also helps Zenaida's (and Tim Miller) case if the video TMZ is talking about with FCA right after release - laughing with beer in hand. FCA's will have hard time saying she can't show up for depo or court because she is distraught etc.

JMO, money talk is crass, but her making money is no different imo

Zenaida lost her home and her job on account of ICA's accusations and refusal to exonerate her, and should be compensated .. there would be nothing crass in her receiving justice.

Zenaida lost her home and her job on account of ICA's accusations and refusal to exonerate her, and should be compensated .. there would be nothing crass in her receiving justice.

I don't believe that. JMO

JMO, but if I were in Zeneida Gonzalez' shoes,I'd be doing the same thing. We have probably beaten this horse to death,but it was not a coincidence that Casey came up with that name connected to SawGrass Apts during the same time frame ZG was looking at apts there.
She gave LE that info with complete disregard for what happened to ZG. That's what Casey does.She uses people . THAT ZG ended up under public scrutiny and briefly under LE scrutiny.
She deserves to have her day in court .If she has evidence to prove damages,she wins.If it's unsubstantiated,she gets nothing.
It really doesn't matter what ZG's motive is for bringing the suit. So what if she sees it as an opportunity to get some money? Casey started this believing there would be no consequences for Casey.She didn't care a rat's A$$ about anyone else.

ITA, Morgan will ask KC where and when did she get info about Zenaida, what car she was driving, etc. He will also ask her about what happened to Caylee ... KC will have to answer ... she has not answered this question yet ... Jose said what happened
Granted KC will mostly likely re-iterate what Jose stated and that Caylee died in the pool ... how much further Morgan can and will take it is anyone's guess but IMO she can't get out of answering questions making it perfectly clear that she was trying to frame Zenaida for Caylee's death ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golden123