Zodiac killer / Robert Durst Connection?

I admit that I have not followed either of these criminals adequately to make any comments...

But... I am quite intrigued with this line of thinking...

And I hope to read more in this thread!

I applaud you for persevering... even in the face of resistance from others!

Hmm, I’ve watched a few videos about Durst now and haven’t yet found any reason to discount him, I still get a different vibe from Zodiac but I guess a personality disorder could explain any total change in someone’s behaviour!
I’ve often thought that if Zodiac DID commit any later murders that it would have been to avoid getting caught and from what I watched that’s exactly why Durst kills people, soooo maybe you’re onto something, you should definitely keep exploring the idea….

robert_durst.jpg

Robert Durst is currently on trial for the murder of his wife. He has allegedly confessed to having murdered other women as well. At the time of Lynne Schulze's disappearance, Durst owned a store in Middlebury, Vermont - a place where Lynn purchased some dried prunes before going to a bus stop where she was last seen. Is it possible that he might have had something to do with Lynne's disappearance?

Left; Robert Durst circa 1970's. Right; Lynne Kathryn Schulze 1971

LINKS:

Robert Durst Linked to Disappearance of Vermont College Student

VT - VT - Lynne Kathryn Schulze, 18, Middlebury, 10 Dec 1971

After researching Robert Durst for years, I can tell you he is clever sneaky slippery uses and carries disguises multiple identifications and identities, large amount of cash hidden or mailed to himself. We all watch spy movies, but how many of us take notes and apply these tactics to our routine.

Could Durst have been a criminal mastermind in his younger days? Well, perhaps, but I doubt it. Watching this video convinced me that Robert Durst is nothing more than a sick, demented and perverted man:

Gold Patrol TV: Robert Durst Urinating On Candy Shelf Inside CVS

Last edited:
Here is a tidbit that may help your exploration of this subject. Robert Durst almost exclusively wrote in green ink, including the "Cadaver" letter. What color ink was used on the Zodiac letters?

Here is a tidbit that may help your exploration of this subject. Robert Durst almost exclusively wrote in green ink, including the "Cadaver" letter. What color ink was used on the Zodiac letters?
The majority of Zodiac's letters were written in blue ink. There were also quite a few written w/ black ink. I don't think I've seen any in green, though.

ETA: You can view photocopies of the original letters on zodiacletters.com.

That we know of. Apparently he's linked to some other potential crimes, mostly circumstantial evidence like "he was in the town the same day" or "that girl went to his store once." But just because he got found out for his crimes connected to people he was close to doesn't mean those are the only ones. As far as I can tell so far, Morris Black was a stranger. I don't see how he had any connection to Robert Durst apart from being a neighbor while he was living below his means while dressing as a woman.

Here are some interesting details about Zodiac and Durst:

*Zodiac used a 9mm and a .22 caliber in his shooting murders. Susan Berman was shot with a 9mm and Morris Black allegedly struggled with Durst over a .22 caliber gun.
*Zodiac was alleged to be in his late 20s or older, but the Lake Berryessa witness who conversed with him the longest wondered if he was closer to his 20s than 30s. Durst was born in 1943, which made him 26 in 1969.
*Zodiac was described as having a drawl but not a Souther drawl. One of the female victims was able to describe his voice as "precise" but neither high nor low, just clear. Durst has a very unique speaking voice, emphatic in how he says certain words, and one that could be described as having a drawl. His customary gravelly sound may have developed with age due to smoking habits.
*Zodiac killed men and women. Durst killed both, too.
*Zodiac spelled words wrong in block-writing communications with police. Durst mailed an all-caps letter to "Beverley Hills Police" that specified where police could find the body of Berman.
*Zodiac referred to changing his appearance in his communications with police. Durst is known to have dressed as an elderly woman to avoid identification in Texas and shaved his eyebrows and head to project a different image when he went on the run. His appearance in early years with his wife also rapidly changed, from bearded and clean-cut to no facial hair and wavy long-ish hair to the weird Prince Valiant haircut he had in his 1973 wedding photo.
*Zodiac was active from 1968-1969 in terms of their crimes. From 1970 onward, he does not kill anyone else that police can tie to him and only letters sporadically arrive. By 1974 it is suspected that he has moved or gone to jail or died. Also important, it is presumed something in the Zodiac's life changed momentously and caused them to pursue their crimes when they did. From 1967 to spring of 1969, Durst was at UCLA studying economics in a graduate program. At some point in the late fall of 1968 or early 1969, he was "called home" by his father to work for the family organization. It's unclear when exactly this employment began or how in earnest given that in his own words he did not go into the office much.

*I would also add there is considerable additional evidence that Durst had ties to the San Francisco area and actually commuted to SF from NY before traveling to LA by car to kill Berman. He commuted back to SF to fly out to NYC. So that already suggests the distance between the California cities was nothing to him as a driver. Moreover, his wealth would make it very easy for him to have traveled between NY and SF without arousing suspicion.
Well stated and well
thought out. What I have come to realize is that there are many such killers in the USA.

Thank you for the info. I read that mr. Durst was diagnosed with multiple personalities as a child. During therapy sessions after his mother died.
I will find the source and post them.

Regardless. Robert is not stable and I do not believe that everyone falls under an all or nothing category. Some humans are forever evolving. Some with spirituality some with humanitarian, others with narcissism and a few tragic humans that are ruled by the animal part of being a human. All of these peak at some point and then become survival. That of course is my humble opinion of growing up with a sociopath father and seeing the darkest demons of human beings.
Animals are much better than humans.

R.87169d5a1f33e7b1e2ae0ebfc0121e86

Lynne Kathryn Schulze, 18, missing since 10 December 1971 from Middlebury, VT

December 10, 1971. Middlebury, Vermont. 18-year old Middlebury College student Lynne Schulze is scheduled to take one of her final exams. While walking to the exam with her friends, Lynne remembers that she has forgotten her pen and returns to her dorm room to retrieve it. Lynne never shows up for the exam and vanishes without a trace.

Four decades later, an unlikely connection is made between this case and one of the most sensational crime stories of the modern era. Was Lynne Schulze’s baffling unsolved disappearance somehow connected to notorious millionaire Robert Durst?

LINK:
The Trail Went Cold – Minisode 2 – Lynne Schulze – The Trail Went Cold

Anything is possible since Zodiac Killer has never been caught.

Real estate heir Robert Durst found guilty by L.A. County jury of killing best friend
Prosecutors said he killed her just before she planned to speak with authorities about the disappearance of his wife...

Annotation-2021-08-11-153850.jpg

Prosecutors share photo of Robert Durst (left), Susan Berman (middle) and Kathie Durst (right) at Robert Durst's murder trial. (Fox News)

LINKS:

Real estate heir Robert Durst found guilty by L.A. County jury of killing best friend

Robert Durst placed on ventilator after contracting COVID-19

Robert Durst requests new trial after murder conviction in killing of friend

Robert Durst
I saw the documentary on him recently. The note he wrote postmarked to the police with the block letters triggered my interest. He was in California going to school from 1967-and left abruptly to move back to New York in 1969. That is the same time the zodiac killings ended.
He loved guns and kept a car in storage for many years in northern California until he came back to kill his friend.
The composite drawing has similarities to him and I feel from what we know about killers is that they murder more than they usually get caught for. Many theories of the zodiac killer pointed out that he could have had multiple personalities. We know for a fact that Robert Durst also does.

I just found an interesting connection going through the time lines and murder weirdness. Any one else Want to dig deeper with me? Or have any theories to shut down my strange intuition on this coincidence?!

I thought the same thing.

Thank you for the info. I read that mr. Durst was diagnosed with multiple personalities as a child. During therapy sessions after his mother died.
I will find the source and post them.

Regardless. Robert is not stable and I do not believe that everyone falls under an all or nothing category. Some humans are forever evolving. Some with spirituality some with humanitarian, others with narcissism and a few tragic humans that are ruled by the animal part of being a human. All of these peak at some point and then become survival. That of course is my humble opinion of growing up with a sociopath father and seeing the darkest demons of human beings.

Recall he assumed the identity of a woman for months in Galveston and murdered and chopped up his neighbor--and amazingly got away with it!!! The jury found him not guilty. He killed numerous huskies before his wife disappeared. He lived in Northern California in a town where at least one woman disappeared and also is a suspect in the murder of a young woman in Vermont when he lived there.

Could Durst have been a criminal mastermind in his younger days? Well, perhaps, but I doubt it. Watching this video convinced me that Robert Durst is nothing more than a sick, demented and perverted man:

Gold Patrol TV: Robert Durst Urinating On Candy Shelf Inside CVS
He is an actor. Let's talk about what he did in his youth. A lot of crazy sick ish. You really have not been following the history of the man.

Hi Natalie, I didn’t read this until today my email is so full of spam. I can email you a copy of the book it’s called “millionaire murders” Trail to the Zodiac Killer. I published it on kindle publishing but it did not download the images for each section. wgseattle@gmail.com I would like to email you a complete copy.
I would LOVE to read that.

Robert Durst is indicted for murdering his first wife, Kathie | Daily Mail Online

"Robert Durst was indicted Monday for murder in the death of his first wife, Kathie Durst, whose disappearance nearly four decades ago has long shadowed the incarcerated millionaire, contributing to his increasingly bizarre and violent behavior and leading to an infamous on-camera confession.

A grand jury in the New York City suburbs returned the second-degree murder indictment on Monday.
Durst, 78, is serving a life sentence in California for killing a confidante who helped him cover up Kathie Durst's slaying.

The real estate heir was hospitalized on a ventilator with COVID-19 after his October 14 sentencing in the Los Angeles case and was transferred last week to a state prison hospital. His medical condition was not released but a mug shot showed no sign of a ventilator.

'When Kathleen Durst disappeared on January 31, 1982, her family and friends were left with pain, anguish and questions that have contributed to their unfaltering pursuit of justice for the last 39 years,' Westchester District Attorney Mimi Rocah said."

Well, that's the end of him...

10 January 2022
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Robert Durst, the wealthy New York real estate heir and failed fugitive dogged for decades with suspicion in the disappearance and deaths of those around him before he was convicted last year of killing his best friend, has died. He was 78.

Durst died of natural causes Monday in a hospital outside the California prison where he was serving a life sentence, according to the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. Durst had been held in a hospital lockup in Stockton due to a litany of ailments.

LINK:

Robert Durst, real estate tycoon convicted of murder, dies

hi guys, i know next to nothing about the zodiac killer. i watched the jinx and had a youtube spree on robert durst some time ago. i noticed that on the halloween card it says:

"you ache to know my name so i'll clue you in"

the words paradice & slaves form a cross. the letters RAD form the exact middle point of the cross so i figured

RAD or Robert Alan Durst.

what do you think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea