Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three things Kristi Abrahams & GBC did similarly-

1) they both did not help search for their missing loved one

2) they both held blubbering interviews for the cameras

3) they both hid when they were needed the most

Hoping the outcome will be the same.

Ok, this might have already been discussed. But are Qld laws the same as NSW where GBC can ask for a judge only trial? Would have to find 12 'peers' for a jury. 12 more lying and cheating GBC's out there??? I don't think so. BTW I know that peers mean similar, not the same. I was just having a laugh with myself.

Another thought that occurred to me. Have GBC's family really, really asked themselves if he might be guilty or are they in complete and utter denial. And I wonder how the Baptist church (OW) views his womanising? Surely the church doesn't look favourably on that sort of behaviour. Unless of course it blames Allison. Our dear Allison, her children, her family and friends.

Ok, this might have already been discussed. But are Qld laws the same as NSW where GBC can ask for a judge only trial? Would have to find 12 'peers' for a jury. 12 more lying and cheating GBC's out there??? I don't think so. BTW I know that peers mean similar, not the same. I was just having a laugh with myself.

Another thought that occurred to me. Have GBC's family really, really asked themselves if he might be guilty or are they in complete and utter denial. And I wonder how the Baptist church (OW) views his womanising? Surely the church doesn't look favourably on that sort of behaviour. Unless of course it blames Allison. Our dear Allison, her children, her family and friends.

Not out of the question that all may be involved. IMO. Need to secure the chief accused first.
The wheels of Justice turn slowly, but they turn.
"Though the mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small; Though with patience stands He waiting, with exactness grinds He all."

May Queensland Justice System be up to par with Justice.

:blushing:

The snakes are breeding well in our communities and I doubt it would be hard to find 12 of the ilk of GBC. Just look at the news, little GBC type clones everywhere. I'm happy GBC has lost his freedom during this long wait BUT if he is found guilty I'm imagining his sentence could be reduced due to his time already served.

:blushing:

The snakes are breeding well in our communities and I doubt it would be hard to find 12 of the ilk of GBC. Just look at the news, little GBC type clones everywhere. I'm happy GBC has lost his freedom during this long wait BUT if he is found guilty I'm imagining his sentence could be reduced due to his time already served.

Ugh! Worse than "his sentence could be reduced due to his time already served" .......
Is he under some form of protection from mainstream prisoners? Evidenced by his general weight gain and appearance of smugness at recent court appearances?
The same one, where another family tried to steal the "show" with her own Media interview.

June 2014... a long wait.... I like it. I'd imagine the paper work on Our Boy Gerards financial shennanigans have required endless minute scrutiny... the motive is all in the money, always was. The money, and the relief an injection of funds would bring was all Gerard lived for in those last months.. everything was coming due, loans, secured and unsecured, stories of financial wizardry for Tone, Bwana breating down his neck for monies paid to the younger brother on behalf of Gerard ( to be paid back) .. rent, commissions, etc due to Charles the franchise owner, money borrowd off friends and even enemies, staff leaving and spreading the word of Gerards monetary nincompoopery, clientele drying up, shonky books, shonky speil, shonky declarations of undying love and committment, shonky wall to wall up, down and sideways.

I check in every now and then and so enjoy the perceptive comments from you all. I read them and say to myself, 'Gerard, Gerard, I suspect you've been lying and scamming all your born days, never an honest day, and one day, Gerard, one day, you'll hit the brick wall of reality.'...

And all the cast of characters that flitted around this hideous and ruthless murder of Allison, the wierd sister, the peculiar parents, the classic crazed mistress who even today, as I type, is probably still planning a life with Gerard in the sweet by and by. His children, her children, all scarred and forever scorched by this one murderous cold act.

Ok, this might have already been discussed. But are Qld laws the same as NSW where GBC can ask for a judge only trial? .
Yes he can apply to the court for a judge only trial, but they are rarely granted in Qld. If he intends to apply, it would likely be soon.

Yes he can apply to the court for a judge only trial, but they are rarely granted in Qld. If he intends to apply, it would likely be soon.

Alioop, as the Gittney trial has several similarities, do you think today's outcome might give us some insight to GBC's fate?

Hi all
breaking News- just to let you know that the Baptist Church would not look favorably on the womanizing behavior of Gerard at all. Normal Baptist people (note I said normal) would never blame the partner who is trying to hold the family together- being self-less with regard to her career aspirations and possibilities to further herself with her dancing talent so she can bring up her daughters and be the home maker for her busy husband. (busy with lots of things as it turned out).

Baptist and Biblical view is 'judge not lest you be judged' and there is belief that if a person confesses their wrongdoing - no matter how awful-they should be fully forgiven and restored to the fellowship of believers. I don't think Gerard is at that stage or he would be pleading guilty.

I know of Baptist ministers defrocked (great word that one) for having affairs outside marriage- it's the only job where you lose your job for having an extra-marital affair when you think about it, so yes the church definitely frowns on this behavior.

I think Gerard's family are in denial.
Just my opinion.

Hi all
breaking News- just to let you know that the Baptist Church would not look favorably on the womanizing behavior of Gerard at all. Normal Baptist people (note I said normal) would never blame the partner who is trying to hold the family together- being self-less with regard to her career aspirations and possibilities to further herself with her dancing talent so she can bring up her daughters and be the home maker for her busy husband. (busy with lots of things as it turned out).

Baptist and Biblical view is 'judge not lest you be judged' and there is belief that if a person confesses their wrongdoing - no matter how awful-they should be fully forgiven and restored to the fellowship of believers. I don't think Gerard is at that stage or he would be pleading guilty.

I know of Baptist ministers defrocked (great word that one) for having affairs outside marriage- it's the only job where you lose your job for having an extra-marital affair when you think about it, so yes the church definitely frowns on this behavior.

I think Gerard's family are in denial.
Just my opinion.

Defrocked, defrocked, defrocked! Great word. I just wanted to say it. :floorlaugh:

Might need to think twice before opting for Judge only trial, judging by yesterday's knockout performance at the Simon Gittany trial.
(Couple of other performances there yesterday just after the verdict; but they both appeared vulgar in comparison to the gracious dignified manner in which Joan Harnom spoke. She even showed gentle concern for RL who she said reminded her of her daughter, Lisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul