Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way? Can you explain your thoughts behind your belief that LE has lied and/or fabricated their evidence?

I did not say they lied or fabricated? I just do not feel they did a great job or know what's what. I don't think they know how to deal with some people allegedly saying they saw Kyron after TH left. Etc.

I did not say they lied or fabricated? I just do not feel they did a great job or know what's what. I don't think they know how to deal with some people allegedly saying they saw Kyron after TH left. Etc.

Okay, what could they be doing right now that would make this a better job? Where do you feel they've been slacking? Which information is prompting you to say they don't know "what's what"? Which interview or piece of information are you referring to?

How do you think they should handle pieces of contradictory testimony from a child at the school who thought he saw Kyron after Terri left? What would constitute "dealing with it" properly?

Goodness knows the Kyron forum could do with some solid, real, detailed pieces of evidence to cast a fresh eye on, so why not list out the pieces that could stand some more scrutiny and we can all hash through them?

bbm

This is the problem. Were they to charge TMH, they would have to present a theory- a story- of what happened. They have no real story to present (maybe because TMH is not involved in Kyron's disappearance). IMO, they missed any opportunity to find out what happened because of their hyper-focus on
TMH. There were others that day with the opportunity to take him.

Listening to that 911 call made my blood run cold. IMO we now know where TMH gets her cold demeanor from.

Oh dear... this stuck out to me from your link:

I have a pretty good idea what that might mean. :(

What does it mean? I am really confused by this. I am sure Desiree would recognize her son, so wouldn't it say that there was a possible sighting, but it turned out not to be true?

It sounds to me like they might have found a child *advertiser censored* photo that looks like Kyron but they might not know where it was taken and can't verify the identity of the child.

im sorry, i am well aware many will not agree with me about this, but i don't see what this is accomplishing? TMH, under the advise of her attorney, is clearly not going to talk at this point in time.

I agree. And frankly, it has the opposite effect of garnering sympathy for Desiree in my mind. I know not everyone will agree with me here, but I don't think this helps or makes her look good.

I agree. And frankly, it has the opposite effect of garnering sympathy for Desiree in my mind. I know not everyone will agree with me here, but I don't think this helps or makes her look good.

IMO It keeps Kyron in the media's attention, and thereby in the public's attention, that's how it helps. And IMO it makes Desiree look like a devoted mother who will not stop looking for her child. In contrast, there are many missing persons cases where the family is seen to do little to nothing (Susan Jacobson, Stephanie Warner, et al) and they are criticized for it.

And considering that no "trespassing" arrests were reported in this incident, Desiree was well within her first amendment rights. Her husband is a police officer, for heaven's sake. I doubt she would do something illegal in order to find out where Kyron is. I'm sure her instinct would be to put her hands around TMH's throat until she gives up what she knows. The fact that Desiree has shown such restraint is remarkable, IMO.

IMO It keeps Kyron in the media's attention, and thereby in the public's attention, that's how it helps. And IMO it makes Desiree look like a devoted mother who will not stop looking for her child. In contrast, there are many missing persons cases where the family is seen to do little to nothing (Susan Jacobson, Stephanie Warner, et al) and they are criticized for it.

And considering that no "trespassing" arrests were reported in this incident, Desiree was well within her first amendment rights. Her husband is a police officer, for heaven's sake. I doubt she would do something illegal in order to find out where Kyron is. I'm sure her instinct would be to put her hands around TMH's throat until she gives up what she knows. The fact that Desiree has shown such restraint is remarkable, IMO.

I'm not saying what she did was illegal. But personally, I think she focuses too much on TH, rather than Kyron. Instead of protesting in front of her house, organize another search, put up more billboards, do more work looking for him, not harassing her. Either she did something to him and isn't going to talk, or she's innocent and Desiree is wasting her time.

There was an age progression done last year. Why isn't she out giving that photo to every single person she can think of? Half the time with these recent things against TH, there's not even a photo of Kyron shown by the media. I just think there are better avenues she could take.

If I truly believed that a specific person harmed my little boy, I'd be down at the Horman house way more often than Desiree. I think she's showing great restraint. Just sayin'.

Totally agree Kimster, it's all about perspective. Easy to debate when it's not your child who disappeared three years ago. Desiree's focus (if you choose to call it that) is on Terri because she is key to finding Kyron. That's pretty simple and indisputable math ...

I think as parent's ourselves, many of us can relate to Desiree's actions. My heart goes out to her.

I wonder if this means that Desiree doesn't believe the boy in the photo is Kyron if she's still protesting outside of TH's home OR she thinks Kyron is alive and TH knows where he is or what happened to him.

Desiree is a true inspiration. God bless her and give her continued strength.

im sorry, i am well aware many will not agree with me about this, but i don't see what this is accomplishing? TMH, under the advise of her attorney, is clearly not going to talk at this point in time.

Putting pressure on TMH is accomplishing a great deal even if you can't see it. Desiree is doing what LE can't do since TMH lawyered up....tightening the screws and drawing attention to the person who holds the key to Kyron's whereabouts.

Eventually someone or something will break. Terri can't be leading a happy life holed up in Mama's house. Bringing more misery into her life is not a bad thing at all. She has a lot hanging over her head, and who knows? She may reach that point if the pressure becomes too much. She doesn't seem to handle adversity all that well based on her past. Desiree is smart to do what she can to turn up the heat.

My heart breaks for Desiree, but I'm proud of her for staying the course for her child. It can't be easy to keep fighting and not give in to despair.

bbm

This is the problem. Were they to charge TMH, they would have to present a theory- a story- of what happened. They have no real story to present (maybe because TMH is not involved in Kyron's disappearance). IMO, they missed any opportunity to find out what happened because of their hyper-focus on
TMH. There were others that day with the opportunity to take him.

I disagree. Just because LE has not publicly divulged their theory doesn't mean they don't have a pretty good idea of what happened. I have always believed that LE knows a lot more than we realize. Desiree's husband knew almost right away that TMH was involved, and I think it was his experience and instinct as a member of LE that led him in that direction. He knew how investigations are run, and why LE turned in Terri's direction. I have no doubt that if he felt the case was being botched, he would have done something or said something. He knew in his gut, and I trust his conclusion.

The problem is putting it all together with enough legal evidence to make an arrest and gain a conviction. They only get one chance, and they want to do it right. Patience can sometimes be a virtue in a case like this one, despite what the public may think. And it's much harder to convict without a body. Waiting is the prudent thing to do right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member