GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Virginia Heathers: Was Skylar Neese Murdered by Her Best Friends?

Skylar, Rachel, and Shelia were the best of friends—until one of them went missing and the other two were implicated in a grisly murder case that has upended their idyllic town.
Mary Earl Neese posts nearly every night on Facebook a goodnight message to her daughter, Skylar, who died at the age of 16 last year. &#8220;Spend the weekend spreading the word about you, little one,&#8221; she wrote on December 9. &#8220;It makes us happy and sad at the same time. We will never stop spreading the word. G&#8217;night babe! Love you to heaven and back always! <3 <3 <3&#8221;

The death of a child is always traumatic, but Neese and her husband, Dave, have endured a grief few of us can imagine. For Skylar was murdered&#8212;and her two best friends now stand accused of the crime.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...kylar-neese-murdered-by-her-best-friends.html

Thinking of the Neeses during this holiday period. It must be difficult.

I'm so glad the trial has been moved up. I hope the prosecution has a good case against SE. From what Dave Neese said, it sounds like it!

I agree with you completely, and I didn't know that it was an unpopular opinion. I think the public got a much more intimate look into Shelia's thoughts and life through her preserved twitter&#8212;all that officially remained of Rachel's online existence were her ambitions to sing and act. Shelia immediately came off as more of the degenerate with fewer ambitions. But I think the fact that it was Shelia + Skylar their whole lives until Rachel came into the picture in high school will become important. I don't think Rachel expedited an existing possibility so much as she presented a new one altogether. :moo:

Also, first post on this thread, though I've been following this case since Skylar was first reported missing, mostly over on that website that starts with a t that I am so so happy to not have to read anymore.

What's the general consensus here about whether or not Rachel's stint in the hospital was to set up an insanity defense? I know it's incredibly hard to pull off, legally speaking, and I don't think it ever would've worked for her, but I wonder if she knew she was going to crack and tried to lessen the impact that way or if it was a legitimate trip with unintended consequences (the confession).

I don't believe Rachel's stint at the hospital was fake, although I don't believe that she was overcome at all with guilt over having a part in Skylar's murder. She was receiving a lot of harassing messages online and I think that, combined with the huge secret she was keeping and the case being turned over to the FBI, is why she ended up in the hospital.

I mostly don't believe it's fake because I've read she's had previous mental health issues in the past. I wish I could remember, but it's mostly from what I've read on the T website. She's been previously admitted to that hospital after her and her mother had a huge fight, and I'm sure I've read she's had suicide attempts in the past, I think. I know she's been to the hospital before though, so it really doesn't surprise me that a girl with mental health issues in the past dealing with the circumstances above, ended up at the hospital again. I'm not sure if she had decided to come forward at that point either.

That's why I believe Rachel was the "mastermind", or at least the planner of this horrible crime. Don't get me wrong, Shelia agreed to it in this case and that makes her just as guilty and she deserves to be punished, but I can't look beyond Skylar and Shelia being friends since they were children and having no (severe) issues between them. There would be indications of one of them being homicidal at one point during that long of timeframe (I am estimating 10 years here), especially if she just walked into the Neese household like she was their child. And then a new girl with issues and who Skylar's parents said added trouble into the mix, comes along and Skylar is murdered within a few years of their friendship. It just seems odd to me that when two childhood besties introduce a new girl into the group, one of the besties is murdered. I think Skylar would've been murdered a lot earlier had Shelia been behind it.

But I do think, at the same time that Shelia clearly has severe issues too by having a part in the murder of someone she loved AND helping the family distribute flyers (that is so sick!), so she clearly could've pulled it off as the "mastermind" (assuming there is one). She could've begun to develop mental health issues in her adolescence and along with that came homicidal thoughts, and with that she realised how she could take advantage of Rachel, knowing her mental state. *shrugs*

It's so hard to fully grasp what happened here, but I'm hoping the prosecution have more of an idea than what I do.

This post is my opinion, of course.

Not long at all now until the trial.
I really hope the family get the answers they need to understand what happened to their daughter.

I think about Skylar and what happened to her every day. This is one of the cases which I can't put out of my mind.

Not long at all now until the trial.
I really hope the family get the answers they need to understand what happened to their daughter.

I think about Skylar and what happened to her every day. This is one of the cases which I can't put out of my mind.

:bump:

I'm also someone who thinks about this case a lot. Skylar was not only young and had her life ahead of her, but she was betrayed by the people closest to her.

Hopefully this case doesn't spin out of control and become a media circus like the Anthony and Arias trials.

I really hope they both get the maximum penalty possible. It's truly sad what they did.

:bump:

I'm also someone who thinks about this case a lot. Skylar was not only young and had her life ahead of her, but she was betrayed by the people closest to her.

Hopefully this case doesn't spin out of control and become a media circus like the Anthony and Arias trials.

I really hope they both get the maximum penalty possible. It's truly sad what they did.

It really is! You can only speculate how this could ever happen, that two young women could create and go along with such a plan.

I agree about the media circus. Are you from the US? What has the media been like with this case? I thought it'd get more media attention when the girl were named actually.

I just came across this horifying case. It struck me as the girl was attacked by two female friends, one was her best friend since kindergarten apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2537404/Horror-cell-phone-footage-shows-teenage-girls-holding-peer-ws-brutally-gang-raped.html

The woman was drinking and smoking weed with her two female friends and three males. When she went to leave, they wouldn't let her. The two women began beating her so badly she had broken bones in her face. They recorded the beating on a phone. The women then took off her bra and held her down to be raped one of the males. In court one of the girls was said to be grinning.

What stood out for me, apart from the fact that one of the women was the victims friend since childhood was that in the video one of the males says 'They don't like this girl.', like that is reason to beat and rape her. The only motive we've heard so far about why Skylar was murdered was that Shelia and Rachel didn't like her anymore.
It's a scary idea that to some people, a 'friend' is expendable or ok to abuse if you no longer like them or want to be their friend.

Anyone know how the trial coverage will be handled? streamed? I don't think I can bear watching it on the HLN circus. ;-)

I just came across this horifying case. It struck me as the girl was attacked by two female friends, one was her best friend since kindergarten apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2537404/Horror-cell-phone-footage-shows-teenage-girls-holding-peer-ws-brutally-gang-raped.html

The woman was drinking and smoking weed with her two female friends and three males. When she went to leave, they wouldn't let her. The two women began beating her so badly she had broken bones in her face. They recorded the beating on a phone. The women then took off her bra and held her down to be raped one of the males. In court one of the girls was said to be grinning.

What stood out for me, apart from the fact that one of the women was the victims friend since childhood was that in the video one of the males says 'They don't like this girl.', like that is reason to beat and rape her. The only motive we've heard so far about why Skylar was murdered was that Shelia and Rachel didn't like her anymore.
It's a scary idea that to some people, a 'friend' is expendable or ok to abuse if you no longer like them or want to be their friend.

There is also a theory that there was some lesbian triangle going on and the SE used RS's jealousy to manipulate her into killing Skylar...don't know if there's a shred of truth to that though because the author of the article was being attacked quite frequently in the comments for his credibility.

Still no new info this close to the trial? Does skylars' mom still post publicly on Facebook?

Anyone know how the trial coverage will be handled? streamed? I don't think I can bear watching it on the HLN circus. ;-)

I've tried to find out several times with no luck. If anyone else figures it out please share.

I'm not sure if anyone knows about how the trial will be broadcasted if even. I know Skylars parents DID NOT want this to go to trial to have all the gory details repeated. I would say it's not even FOR SURE that the trial will take place. SE could still plead guilty and "beg for mercy" but many believe she wont admit to it and will try and fight to not be in prison the rest of her life. IMO I think they should have a strong case.

I'm starting to get nervous, this was such a disastrous investigation the way everything was handled. I really hope both girls get at least 40 years and I hope SE is locked away for life. The most horrible sickening case I've read about involving young women, truly terrible and haunting. It did not have to turn out this way.

Justice for Skylar. <3

Next Tuesday! Hopefully SE will plead out and spare the Neeses pain. I doubt it though.

Next Tuesday! Hopefully SE will plead out and spare the Neeses pain. I doubt it though.

I feel the same. I think SE will do anything and everything to save her own skin at any cost.

It'll be good to finally get started though. The Neese family really have had to wait so long at every stage. So long to get police to consider that Skylar wasn't a runaway, so long for her body to be found and to know what happened to their daughter :(

It really is! You can only speculate how this could ever happen, that two young women could create and go along with such a plan.

I agree about the media circus. Are you from the US? What has the media been like with this case? I thought it'd get more media attention when the girl were named actually.

I'm not in the US but from what I understand, the case hasn't been getting a whole lot of attention nationally but it has been getting a fair amount of attention in the Morgantown area.

Don't really know if "looking forward to it" is appropriate, but it will be good to get started. It's a shame SE pleaded not guilty so the Neeses have to listen to how their daughter died, as I remember Dave saying he didn't want to hear it (which is totally understandable). It's good that the trial has been set quicker than usual (imo, at least) so it can be over with sooner for the Neeses.

I would like to see courtroom coverage, but I assume it will mostly come in the form of articles. Maybe one of the local stations in Morgantown will be covering it. I'm sure the residents there would like to see inside the courtroom.

Apparently the LE have a lot of evidence against SE and that's what I want to see. I believe them.

The way the police handled this case initially was so bad. :( Skylar was laying in some remote backroad in Pennsylvania under some sticks and leaves and they kept saying she was a runaway! I'm glad Skylar's Law is in now though. Hopeful other states will adopt it too as it can prevent this kind of thing in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard