SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who keep your phone in your lap, do you drive a stick shift?

Quite frankly ,I don't think she had anyplace to put it when they switched seats in the truck (just convenient)imo.

Mature in reality? I highly disagree, by 21 I had graduated college and purchased my first home (I know she is only 20). Heather seems to still be unsure in every aspect of her life. HGTC, Ashbury, then working in cosmetology. Dating a married man and pursuing him when its not in her best interest. Dating an abusive man - possibly at the same time as OMM. Weight that goes up and down - possible eating disorder. Talking about drug use on SM after a work injury (almost bragging).

Umm. I hope you realize you're the exception here, not too many people that age have finished college and certainly not bought a home at that point!

Honestly, I think Heather is just like any other "average" person her age. I think this post really just targets her possible "issues" and I don't think that is really fair. We ALL have issues, no matter when (or if!) we graduated college, own or rent, have kids or not, own a car or a truck or like dogs more than cats...

I think the watch may say 10:05. Also, I know there's still questions about the purse being with her and maybe this has been already seen and determined as something else, but this strap stood out to me.
dbmfwx.jpg

Okay, I'm now 100% convinced HE posted those things on Tumblr herself at the times that it said they were posted. JMO as always.

I dug around in the code of her theme to see if it differentiated between queued/scheduled posts because I thought it was weird that some images said "posted on December" and some said "posted on December 18," which only the text posts said. Didn't luck out there, nor in the code to my theme.

Next question was, can a post inadvertently show a strange time like :53, :49, etc, if it's queued or future-posted? The answer is no. (I know PeterThomasFan pointed that out a few pages back). You CAN specify that a post gets published at 1:58 AM (separate from the queue feature), but why would you? The suggested format in that text field says "Next Tuesday, 10 AM" or something. That would have to be done post by post, by hand. You cannot immediately reblog something with a date from the past. It gets queued in a limbo. So it takes an extra step.

Queued posts only have the option of being posted between two hours if you're scheduling it to happen automatically. I played around with combinations of hours and amounts of posts and their scheduled post times were always even number/ten minute increments.

So the above lead me to conclude that they were posted on HE's tumblr via manual reblog, leaving the question:
1) were they posted by her, or backdated by someone else?

Check out HE's tumblr likes (different from reblogs and follows). Not every user has their "likes" page public, so I didn't think to check this early on, and I haven't seen it posted on here yet. It also reminds me of my "likes" page because it contains far more posts on it than ever end up posting. Nitpicking to a theme, not wanting to reblog something seen as too personal, etc.

http://www.tumblr.com/liked/by/hazy-dayys

(Also note how lighthearted most of her likes are. Lends credence to the idea that she used her Tumblr to send a message or put forth a specific image.)

That night, HE "liked" a number of posts that she did not reblog (or deleted the reblog after the fact).

Chronologically, her likes and reblogs on these posts occurred at the same time as other users'—ie, user X and user Y were looking at their feeds at the same time and both reblogged/liked the same post. This can be seen in the notes history of each post she liked.

So that would make it a highly coincidental overlap if someone really did backdate the posts for whatever reason. Based on the clusters of notes from other users, the posts were posted on the 17th and 18th for the most part, as well as the reblogging activity. So could whoever backdated the posts have just "snuck" HE's into that time period?

IMO it would be impossible. I tested this out on my own feed and liked or reblogged a number of posts, backdating some but not others.

The actual time you like or reblog something is what determines your placement in the "notes" section. For example, I "liked" an image a few months ago without reblogging it. Today I reblogged it and changed the date to match the "like." On that post's notes, my "like" shows up far down the list, and my reblog shows up at the very top, despite the changed date.

So it can't be said with absolute certainty, but IMO nobody could have backdated HE's posts, because the notes surrounding her activity on that post happened around the same time. They would have all had to have been backdated after the fact for that to happen. Admittedly, I'm operating under the premise that this hypothetical backdater would be covering their tracks many hours after HE's last confirmed communication, maybe even on the 19th. This would show a noticeable gap on the notes list, unlike backdating done before 9 AM or so.. but for me, that's a cause for hat-eating.

I also think liking AND reblogging something (ie, some of her last posts) shows the process of a typical Tumblr user, and not someone trying to emulate it. What would be the point of clicking a tiny heart icon before reblogging, and why only do it for some posts and not others? There's no public link to most users' "likes" page. You'd have to be in friendly stalker mode.

http://www.tumblr.com/liked/by/hazy-dayys HE's tumblr likes, once again. If anything, they add more dimension to her personality, sense of humor, taste in art and poetry—and paint an even lovelier portrait of her.

Thanks for bearing with me as I tried to explain my potentially flawed reasoning here! I would never have given it this much thought, but that somewhat ominous (albeit technically factual) note in the HC article has been bugging me.

Here posts may have been forward dated too….Anyone here play candy crush? When you need more lives, you roll your clock forward 2 hours and poof, 4 new lives. You can do this repeatedly and keep playing as long as you want. Earlier that day or even the night before she may have been playing candy crush, then posted some things on tumbler before she remembered to roll her clock back to the real time and date. In this case all of the sad depressing posts would have been before her awesome date, and then have no conflict between the times the date said he dropped her off.

EXCELLENT point & one I hadn't even thought of before now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a thought. Does TK post a schedule like most restaurants in the back?

Umm. I hope you realize you're the exception here, not too many people that age have finished college and certainly not bought a home at that point!

Honestly, I think Heather is just like any other "average" person her age.

While many may have not bought a home, I agree with everything else she has said. At the age of 21/22, almost everyone of my family and friends finished school. A few were on the five or six year plan. I don't think she is like every other "average" person her age. I mean that in the most respectful way. It is really disturbing me to read some of the things on her SM pages. I was that age once and actually have cousins her age and none of them have pages that way. They all underage drink, smoke cigs, and smoke pot, but it is the other things that concern me. I will not mention them. It is normal to drink, smoke, and experiment with drugs. The other language is not. I feel like she was rebelling against her family and/or crying out for help or trying to get attention. All of this is my opinion.

I thought it was odd for her to send a picture to either parent, but especially her father. IMO, she and her father were not that close, actually, with either parent. Her father has said he didn't know about OM, anything about who her date was, anything about her ex, including any of their names, her work schedule, more that can't be said.... But yet she texts him a picture? My dad maybe wouldn't have known these things at 20, but I wouldn't have sent him a text during a date. I also don't think the mom knew either because if she knew, she would have told the dad.

JMO...I think she texted the photo because I feel she was transitioning from who she was(dating married older guys) to this first date with someone the same age ,single and had things in common with (for her age) and maybe with Christmas coming up was feeling more in the "family " fold. I'm sure she didn't do it with her other boyfriends...

I think the watch may say 10:05. Also, I know there's still questions about the purse being with her and maybe this has been already seen and determined as something else, but this strap stood out to me.
dbmfwx.jpg

I've fiddled around with the pic using some software I have, inverting colours, sharpening, contrasting you name it and I can't make out a definite time but I think 10.05 or 9.05 based on what I can see. Im more inclined to say 10.05 though based on when dad received picture.

I thought that the "strap" was a cup holder but may be wrong

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Years ago I contacted an old childhood friend. She had moved from her home with her parents in Florida to Colorado. There she had an affair with a married man and became pregnant. He never offered to leave his wife, but instead went back to his wife and children when he found out she was pregnant. She had the baby, but had no contact with her parents for over 1 1/2 years (this is before the age of SM) out of shame. I visited her in Colorado and convinced her that her parents would forgive her and be happy with their new grandson, and she finally did go home. Happily, her parents were thrilled to see her, and to meet their new grandson. True story.
Anyway, I'm thinking if you lived in a smallish town where people know each other, and if you were in a somewhat similar situation, and if maybe your family had a prominent business in that town, maybe you would take the easy way out and run away, particularly if you were a free-spirit. You might think a photo and a locked car (car belonged to her dad) might be a way to give your family a sign that you were ok. You might then avoid SM entirely, and have no idea so many people were searching for you, or that your family was so upset. Just my own wishful thinking...

Can LE in SC put GPS on a POI's car? Just wondering as I am watching a show where LE does this to track a boyfriend of a vanished woman, to see where he is going, is he looking for her, etc

Does anyone here have a 20 y/old daughter?

What 20 yr/old sends a pic to her father from a "first date"?

Is anyone disturbed by HE having supposedly sent this picture? I sure am.

Date dismissed,..really? I'm starting to learn towards HE having possibly been set up. The OM and his wife are very convenient, but what if that's all they are?
This picture sent to TE, or to anyone from the date, on THAT NIGHT, bugs the Hell out of me.
I don't have a 20 year old daughter, but I did have a 20 year old daughter of a good friend living with me for about 6 months. I find nothing at all strange about her sending this picture, especially if her father once tried to teach her to drive a stick shift and she was unable to manage it at the time. When the 20 year old living with me did something that she considered especially fun, unusual, or something that would make her parents (especially her dad) squirm, she'd send a picture. Usually with a lopsided grin and the words "Watch this..." said to me. Oddly enough, I now get some of those photos, and know I need to respond accordingly. I get pictures of her playing board games (it's an inside joke) with new guys, jumping on a trampoline, hiking in the woods with some guy pretending he's sneaking up on her. My own 17 year old rarely does "selfies", and also rarely allows anyone else to take pictures of her because she doesn't want them plastered all over the internet, but she texts me if something interesting is going on. With the permission of her date first. It's just how we roll.

Not weird at all. I guess if depends on what kind of relationship you have with your kids. And I guess it also depends on what kind of people your kids date.

Our girls routinely send pics to both my husband and I, especially since they live away from home. We have a family group text. It ranges from funny, random to accomplishments. My 18 yr old just an hour ago texted me what she's working on in her design lab. I have gotten a few of them with a date a time or two, mostly when there was something specific, like a costume party or something else of interest.

We're a close family and I know that if my husband had been trying to teach one of ours something and they were proud of "finally getting it", no doubt he would get a text and/or pic. It just doesn't stand out as being odd AT ALL to me. JMO, of course. :twocents:

I think that the ease and convenience of texting, especially with pics, has changed not only the way we communicate, but also the why. You know, the little things we might have waited to tell about we now just shoot a quick text.

It's not the photo/text by itself, and odd is too strong a word.

It's that combined with TE saying, more or less (I'm paraphrasing) that he knew almost nothing about her day to day life. Which to me implies that she didn't normally text a lot. That might be an erroneous impression, but if her normal behavior is to not text very often, and on the night before she disappeared, she sent a text, that makes it somewhat unusual, and anything unusual from the night before a disappearance concerns me.

It almost comes across as saying, "See? I'm here where I said I'd be, on a date with a nice boy. I'm not hiding anything."

Or maybe not. As with so many things about HE's life and social media, it might not mean a thing. It might be perfectly normal.

Honestly, I think Heather is just like any other "average" person her age. I think this post really just targets her possible "issues" and I don't think that is really fair. We ALL have issues, no matter when (or if!) we graduated college, own or rent, have kids or not, own a car or a truck or like dogs more than cats...
This would be an interesting poll, as I, also, had graduated from college and purchased my first home, but that was before the prices of houses skyrocketed.

dbmfwx.jpg

LOL,I thought that was a cup...

Can LE in SC put GPS on a POI's car? Just wondering as I am watching a show where LE does this to track a boyfriend of a vanished woman, to see where he is going, is he looking for her, etc

they did it on the perp in the alexis murphy case (why that case (not alexis.. another one) was dropped because his lawyer said they did not have the warrant/pc to put it on his car)

Okay, I'm now 100% convinced HE posted those things on Tumblr herself at the times that it said they were posted. JMO as always.

I dug around in the code of her theme to see if it differentiated between queued/scheduled posts because I thought it was weird that some images said "posted on December" and some said "posted on December 18," which only the text posts said. Didn't luck out there, nor in the code to my theme.

Next question was, can a post inadvertently show a strange time like :53, :49, etc, if it's queued or future-posted? The answer is no. (I know PeterThomasFan pointed that out a few pages back). You CAN specify that a post gets published at 1:58 AM (separate from the queue feature), but why would you? The suggested format in that text field says "Next Tuesday, 10 AM" or something. That would have to be done post by post, by hand. You cannot immediately reblog something with a date from the past. It gets queued in a limbo. So it takes an extra step.

Queued posts only have the option of being posted between two hours if you're scheduling it to happen automatically. I played around with combinations of hours and amounts of posts and their scheduled post times were always even number/ten minute increments.

So the above lead me to conclude that they were posted on HE's tumblr via manual reblog, leaving the question:
1) were they posted by her, or backdated by someone else?

Check out HE's tumblr likes (different from reblogs and follows). Not every user has their "likes" page public, so I didn't think to check this early on, and I haven't seen it posted on here yet. It also reminds me of my "likes" page because it contains far more posts on it than ever end up posting. Nitpicking to a theme, not wanting to reblog something seen as too personal, etc.

http://www.tumblr.com/liked/by/hazy-dayys

(Also note how lighthearted most of her likes are. Lends credence to the idea that she used her Tumblr to send a message or put forth a specific image.)

That night, HE "liked" a number of posts that she did not reblog (or deleted the reblog after the fact).

Chronologically, her likes and reblogs on these posts occurred at the same time as other users'—ie, user X and user Y were looking at their feeds at the same time and both reblogged/liked the same post. This can be seen in the notes history of each post she liked.

So that would make it a highly coincidental overlap if someone really did backdate the posts for whatever reason. Based on the clusters of notes from other users, the posts were posted on the 17th and 18th for the most part, as well as the reblogging activity. So could whoever backdated the posts have just "snuck" HE's into that time period?

IMO it would be impossible. I tested this out on my own feed and liked or reblogged a number of posts, backdating some but not others.

The actual time you like or reblog something is what determines your placement in the "notes" section. For example, I "liked" an image a few months ago without reblogging it. Today I reblogged it and changed the date to match the "like." On that post's notes, my "like" shows up far down the list, and my reblog shows up at the very top, despite the changed date.

So it can't be said with absolute certainty, but IMO nobody could have backdated HE's posts, because the notes surrounding her activity on that post happened around the same time. They would have all had to have been backdated after the fact for that to happen. Admittedly, I'm operating under the premise that this hypothetical backdater would be covering their tracks many hours after HE's last confirmed communication, maybe even on the 19th. This would show a noticeable gap on the notes list, unlike backdating done before 9 AM or so.. but for me, that's a cause for hat-eating.

I also think liking AND reblogging something (ie, some of her last posts) shows the process of a typical Tumblr user, and not someone trying to emulate it. What would be the point of clicking a tiny heart icon before reblogging, and why only do it for some posts and not others? There's no public link to most users' "likes" page. You'd have to be in friendly stalker mode.

http://www.tumblr.com/liked/by/hazy-dayys HE's tumblr likes, once again. If anything, they add more dimension to her personality, sense of humor, taste in art and poetry—and paint an even lovelier portrait of her.

Thanks for bearing with me as I tried to explain my potentially flawed reasoning here! I would never have given it this much thought, but that somewhat ominous (albeit technically factual) note in the HC article has been bugging me.

Great informative post, Thanks....

Did she have a tinder account? She could have met anyone on there. If the family downloads the app and logs into her Facebook with it they can see any messages in there if there were any. She could have planned to meet up with anyone to smoke or something to get her mind off OM. My first post on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member