Rafaelle Sollicito on Anderson Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says "There is nothing against me, and not too much against Amanda." And he says, "In my case" (that definitely stands out) and he does not want to "pay for someone else's peculiar behavior".

I caught that too. His choice of words really stood out.

Raffaele Sollecito-
"I don't know what to think, because objectively, there's nothing against me and nothing very strong against Amanda"*

"I don't want to pay for someone else's peculiar behavior"

I am sitting here watching with 2 people, and all 3 of us saw subtle signs that he is.....

Me too, I felt very subtle signs. Like he feels he is being blamed for Amanda's behavior and actions.

I wanted to hear more from John Q. Kelly.
:-(

Well, I didn't feel like he presented a united stand necessarily.

I'm wondering if in Italy the prosecution is allowed to ask questions if the defendant has not elected to testify. I didn't quite get that.

I too wanted to hear from John Q Kelly.

I thought RS did a decent job considering Italian is his primary language. He said the police & prosecutors kept focusing on AK's "unusual behaviors" and he didn't understand why they did that. I can certainly see looking at behaviors but they put much more weight on it than I would.

Another thing that stood out in a very subtle way is when he was asked if he was in touch with Amanda. He first responded "Yes" very sure, then he sort of thought about it I guess, and he says sometimes, once in a while, not very often. (Something along those lines )

After seeing these subtle signs, I recall a month or two ago, a poster here (cannot recall who) had mentioned reading his "Honour Bound" book, and said something he wrote in it gave her pause:

Something about him being the reason Amanda was not sent to prison for decades, his refusal to "sell her out". She saw some very subtle threat in this - and after seeing this segment tonight, I would say she is right. I had often wondered if he was innocent and was pulled in - through love - to cover for her. And then that in itself became a crime....

Interesting that we can listen to the same interview and hear different things. I hope they put up the whole interview. I'd like to hear it a few more times.

John Q. Kelly is excellent but I am curious as to why an American lawyer was chosen.

There has to be a huge part of him that blames her for the fact he's in this situation, my impression is that he doesn't think it's justified on the courts / tabloid newspapers parts, but that he thinks it's her fault, in that that she gave them so much fodder to work with. False statement / cartwheels / Foxy Knoxy etc .. PURE CONJECTURE.

I wanted to hear more from John Q. Kelly.
:-(

Dang, they don't even have his comments in the playback. Now I can't even remember what he said.

Can anyone refresh my memory, please?

Dang, they don't even have his comments in the playback. Now I can't even remember what he said.

Can anyone refresh my memory, please?

The attorney made a comment about what the judge said. He stated Rafaelle was present in court. It did not make sense he was not asked any questions when he was willing to answer.

The attorney made a comment about what the judge said. He stated Rafaelle was present in court. It did not make sense he was not asked any questions when he was willing to answer.

Thanks...I just drew blank lol.

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, he totally has separated himself from Amanda. He never said Amanda is innocent, Amanda had nothing to do with this. He said he doesn't have anything to do with it, he did nothing wrong. Why should he have to pay for someone else's peculiar behavior? (what he said). And he never once mentioned Rudy. He was only focused on Amanda, that why do I have to pay for what she did - is basically how I saw his whole interview.

OMG.

When Anderson asked him, do you hold Amanda responsible? And he did not say a simple answer - no. She had nothing to do with this either. We are both innocent. He said NOTHING like that.

He said why should I pay for her peculiar behavior.

OMG. Very revealing.

I thought this was going to be a regular interview with pre-rehearsed lines. Boy, was I wrong.

Notes: Rafaelle says
* he says he was not attempting to flee
* he says very close to his family and friends
* situation very dramatic but he has to fight
* the verdict was unreal, shocking and unbelievable
*he was shocked by what the judge said
*he says he was silent because no one asked to question him
*the focus and attention was on Amanda
* he is still in touch with Amanda
*he was expecting an exoneration
Attorney says:
*He was willing to answer questions

Also:

-why should I be responsible for her peculiar behavior? (when asked if he holds Amanda responsible)
-focus was on Amanda, but whatever it is, I'm not guilty for it, so why do they convict me, why do they put me on the corner, just because in their mind, I have to be guilty because I was her boyfriend.
-I'm not saying that Amanda is responsible for all this situation, but they focus on her and accuse her, but I am have nothing to do with all these circumstances and all the accusations.
-objectively, there is nothing against me, and...(short pause)...nothing very strong against Amanda.
-in my case, I really did nothing wrong, and I don't want to pay for someone else's peculiar behavior

-

I don't feel from the interview he turned on her at all.

No, he didn't turn on her, but what he didn't say and the way he said what he did was very telling. I definately feel like he is distancing himself from Amanda, and he never proclaimed her innocence.

He crossed the border because he expected an exoneration :pinocchio:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member