SC SC - Annette Deanne Sagers, 11, Mount Holly, 4 Oct 1988

UPDATE

I have been speaking with family. They have confirmed that the older woman pictured in previous posts is not Korrina.

I spoke with younger woman, and she is not Annette.

I also spoke with the user that claims to be a teacher in the past posts. She was the six-grade teacher of Annette at the time of her disappearance.

I have not gotten any more information that could push the search any further yet.

Not sure how I have missed this post - I've been back to check in a couple of times. I'm sorry that you haven't gotten any more info to push it forward, but I'm glad you were able to officially rule out the above possibilities.

Lost_Son- have you created a Facebook page? I think it could be very helpful since so many people are on it these days. One suggestion- announce it loud and clear that it is VERY possible that they are still alive. The goal should be to have them see the photos of themselves and come forward...or for others to see it and recognize them. There are so many Missing Person Pages on Facebook- The fact that they left together - man, I just feel like they could still be out there!

praying

just a bump to say i am thinking about annette and korrina :/ i really want this family reunited!

What a creepy story. What I find very troubling about the message she left is that it sounds so definitve, like she knows she will never come back and she bade farewell to his father and brothers. It doesn't sound like something you would write after finding your long missing mother.

Did the mother had reasons to make such a definitive break with her former life?

Mt. Holly is where Medway Plantation is located. Its a small area between Goose Creek and Moncks Corner in Berkeley County SC. Alcoa aluminum is located here, previously Alumax. Ive lived in this area since I was born in the early 1980s. If I can help, let me know.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's been mentioned before (but it hasn't been put on Charley Project), but Korrina's birthdate is 19th January 1961.

HUGE RED FLAG FOR ME:
The note, on a piece of school binder paper, was found BY THE STEP-FATHER in a small wooden hut built to shelter the girl from bad weather why she waits for the bus
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...C8sAAAAIBAJ&sjid=p84EAAAAIBAJ&pg=4217,2248584

So, his wife goes missing a year before, but leaves her car w/ two car doors open?! Then his step-daughter goes missing in a shed that sounds like it's on his land and he found the piece of paper which would have been there for hours since he didn't know she was missing until the afternoon. Don't buy it a bit.

If Korrina disappeared on her own....for a whole year.....where did she go? What CASH would she have? Unfortunately, I don't see this likely :( But, I do hope I am very wrong.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...QMuAAAAIBAJ&sjid=uakFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5048,3456946
Her husband, Steve Malinoski, told Berkeley County deputities his wife left the caretaker's cabin between 11 and 11:30 the night before, saying she was going for a drive

Why?

Would she be living with relatives or friends during that year? Someone had to supply her with $$$ in order for her to survive for a whole year before her Annette left...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Would she be living with relatives or friends during that year? Someone had to supply her with $$$ in order for her to survive for a whole year before her Annette left...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

She is not with relatives. She would have contacted family, as they were very close. Family does not know her whereabouts.

I am still searching for my mother and sister. I am in contact with my mother's family on a regular basis.

Steve is currently living in Florida. He is married again and has 4 more kids (not sure if I posted this before). I do not speak with him and continue to plan not to.

I have not found any recent lead or heard of any at this time, but I am still looking.

I am still searching for my mother and sister. I am in contact with my mother's family on a regular basis.

Steve is currently living in Florida. He is married again and has 4 more kids (not sure if I posted this before). I do not speak with him and continue to plan not to.

I have not found any recent lead or heard of any at this time, but I am still looking.

Sent you a PM.
Send a message to the page below; ask them to post your mom & sister.
South Carolina for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law

Soooo hinky both of these cases are. Ugh
I just don't buy that Korrina left a note at the bus stop....don't buy that she ran off and then came back for Annette.

Unfortunately i think both were met with foul play =/

It has been almost a year since last post so. I am bumping for Annette and Korrina. Wow...just read all posts and this is.an amazing story. So glad to hear that the 2 boys have grown up into great men. I will pray they get closure one way or the other.

Still thinking of this case. What did Steve do for a living? We know Korrina worked at a convenience store.

This is such a sad case. I'm so glad the brothers are doing well.

I read a post by her former teacher saying that Annette seemed sad. Could she have been abused by the stepfather? Maybe her mother found out and was harmed by the stepfather? The girl threatened to tell and met the same fate? Horrible to think about, but it could make sense.

The thing about the note that gets me. If Korrina left voluntarily- she obviously didn't want to be found. If she showed up to get her daughter, wouldn't she just take her and leave? Why leave a note? By leaving a note, it allows people to believe they are both out there alive. If she didn't want to be found, I don't think she would have Annette leave a note like that. To me the note benefits someone who could have harmed her, like the stepfather. It throws suspicion away from him in both cases by saying "see my wife is still alive, and she came back for the girl who is still alive as well".

I pray that there will be some resolution to this case. It sounds like Korrina had a very sad and difficult life. I don't believe she would voluntarily leave her children. Annette was a beautiful little girl. Heartbreaking.

Have any family members contacted Berkley county police to pressure them to reopen as a cold case? Have the grounds of and around the plantation ever been searched with dogs? I know the forest area from the tip was, but seems to me the plantation itself should have been thoroughly searched.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back