SIDEBAR #23- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day! I went to dinner with the bf...a hole-in-the-wall Italian joint that was heavenly!! I got a gift certificate for a 60-minute Swedish massage. I've never had a massage before and I'm SO looking forward to it.... It was a nice night.

Happy weekend all! :seeya:

Becky Sharp

"I've been enduring the most brutal winter I've ever experienced.:scared: I know it's a bit of a bore to talk about the weather, but these last three months have been insane. I live on the Canadian prairies (although I grew up in Vancouver--hat tip to ElleElle!). It's been -30 (Celsius) since mid-December with wind chills every day in the -40s and even occasionally the -50s."

Becky, I once read a mystery novel by a Canadian author. Lots of persons were staying in a remote mansion, and were done away with one by one. The villain simply shoved them out in the kind of cold you described and locked the door. Didn't take long for them to freeze to death.

I remember being horrified by the story, and a Canadian coworker assured me it could happen.

Keep snug and warm inside!

What did you all get for valentines then?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I've been enduring the most brutal winter I've ever experienced.:scared: I know it's a bit of a bore to talk about the weather, but these last three months have been insane. I live on the Canadian prairies (although I grew up in Vancouver--hat tip to ElleElle!). It's been -30 (Celsius) since mid-December with wind chills every day in the -40s and even occasionally the -50s. :tantrum::tantrum: This is crazy! Today was a "warm" day, the first in a long, long time: only -15!!

I've been watching the crazy weather in the US, too. I really hope that makes the climate change deniers think again.

Anyway, next week I'll be in your country for a few days, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for listening to my rant! :seeya:
-----------
OMG Becky, dont come to Michigan, Ohio, Conn., I'm sure all upper Eastern States! We too are happy to see 15~19 Farn.. colder than ~~~

What is "cig ash tatts" please?

Not sure if this has been answered yet, just catching up.
Pretty sure they use the ashes as the ink for the tattoo.
(liquify them by adding water)
Dip the needle in the "ink" and poke away!

Hi ElleElle,

It's like we changed places! How about you take my place here in Manitoba and I take yours in BC? :floorlaugh:

People always complain about the rainy weather in BC, but hey, I'll take a rainy day over this arctic blast any day!!

Is it a deal? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: Too funny!

Most folks Manitoba to run to the West Coast!, not the other way around. ;)

I still miss my beloved Manitoba. :seeya:

[video=youtube;aY9BtROpNQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY9BtROpNQ4[/video]

Becky Sharp

"I've been enduring the most brutal winter I've ever experienced.:scared: I know it's a bit of a bore to talk about the weather, but these last three months have been insane. I live on the Canadian prairies (although I grew up in Vancouver--hat tip to ElleElle!). It's been -30 (Celsius) since mid-December with wind chills every day in the -40s and even occasionally the -50s."

Becky, I once read a mystery novel by a Canadian author. Lots of persons were staying in a remote mansion, and were done away with one by one. The villain simply shoved them out in the kind of cold you described and locked the door. Didn't take long for them to freeze to death.

I remember being horrified by the story, and a Canadian coworker assured me it could happen.

Keep snug and warm inside!

BBM~ The rate of homeless people's deaths increase substantially during the -50 celcius temps.

There have been times where people are just too intoxicated and pass out and die quickly as well.

What did you all get for valentines then?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

A card that was carefully selected, box of chocolates and dinner.

I don't really buy into Valentine's. :aktion1:

It was depressing when I was single. It is a "filler" holiday in between Christmas and Easter and somehow society pushes it to supply the greeting card, flower, chocolate, restaurants revenue.

I prefer getting flowers or "surprises" randomly because I feel it means much more.

BF knows this, but he's still old-fashioned and traditional and that's one of the reasons why I love him. :loveyou:

That's horrible...but thanks for the explanation! :scared:

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

A couple of questions for my lovely, fellow WS'ers.

Do you dream?
If so, do you try to interpret them?

I have very lucid and last night I dreamt that I was driving a semi truck. For no apparent reason, I pulled on this lever and the whole semi rolled and rolled. I knew it was rolling, and took off my glasses and put my head down.

After the roll came to a stop, I got out and walked away. The semi was full of furniture.

:scared:

snipped for space:
The inmates better watch out. They may be charged for food, etc. according to this article:

" A northern Nevada county is moving ahead with what may be a first-in-the-nation plan to charge county jail inmates for food and medical care, despite objections from the American Civil Liberties Union that it’s cruel and unusual punishment and could lead to a court battle.

and a work detail - you know, those "chain gangs"!!

New test for tonight:

Which side of your brain is more dominant?
The 30-Second Brain Test

http://en.sommer-sommer.com/braintest/

Here's my results:

Congratulations
You are left-brained-
rules, language, strategy, details, rationality, logic

Me too! Left-brained-rules, language, strategy etc...

:wave: hi everyone!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

A couple of questions for my lovely, fellow WS'ers.

Do you dream?
If so, do you try to interpret them?

I have very lucid and last night I dreamt that I was driving a semi truck. For no apparent reason, I pulled on this lever and the whole semi rolled and rolled. I knew it was rolling, and took off my glasses and put my head down.

After the roll came to a stop, I got out and walked away. The semi was full of furniture.

:scared:

There are many ways to look up dream meanings. You kind of have to choose what you think was relevant and go from there. A lot of people keep dream journals on a nightstand so they can write things down right away while it is fresh.
I found these couple things since the Semi seemed to be a major part of your dream-

To dream of a car accident, symbolizes your emotional state. You may be harboring deep anxieties and fears. This dream may tell you to slow down before you hit disaster. You need to rethink or re-plan your course of actions and set yourself on a better path.

Semi Truck-
To see a semi truck in your dream indicates that you are feeling overburdened or that you are being taken advantage of. You feel that you are pulling more than your own weight and it is time that others share in some of the responsibilities. Alternatively, the dream symbolizes size, largeness and power.

Car Flip-
To dream that your car flipped over implies that some significant event is preventing you from achieving your goals. You feel that you have to put your own life on hold.

Car Crash
To dream that you are in a car crash indicates that your beliefs, lifestyle, or goals are clashing with another's. It may also represent a shocking situation or painful experience. Alternatively, car crashes may forewarn of your dangerous or careless driving habits.�In particular, if a car crashes into you, then it suggests that your lifestyle, beliefs or goals may be in conflict with another's. It may also be symbolic of a jolting experience or injured pride.

You can check out more here, if you want to look up using other things from the dream you felt had meaning -

http://www.dreammoods.com/

http://www.understandmydreams.com/?dream_id=138106

Guess I would be off topic to discuss Arias. I read that trial will be delayed again due to Martinez having a capital murder case in early May? That is a shame.

Justice really slow..........

Guess I would be off topic to discuss Arias. I read that trial will be delayed again due to Martinez having a capital murder case in early May? That is a shame.

Absolutely not off topic!
Everyone updates anything that comes in about Arias and her case here, but because it is a sidebar pretty much any other topic is considered fine.

And yes, the March 17th date has been moved out.
I think it is because of a case Juan has been on since 2007 of a man who killed a cop. The Judge said it takes precedence.
Not happy about it either, but I also can not complain because both cases are equally important.

We just try to have fun and other things while waiting for the wheels of justice to turn. Join us if you have the time.

There are many ways to look up dream meanings. You kind of have to choose what you think was relevant and go from there. A lot of people keep dream journals on a nightstand so they can write things down right away while it is fresh.
I found these couple things since the Semi seemed to be a major part of your dream-

To dream of a car accident, symbolizes your emotional state. You may be harboring deep anxieties and fears. This dream may tell you to slow down before you hit disaster. You need to rethink or re-plan your course of actions and set yourself on a better path.

Semi Truck-
To see a semi truck in your dream indicates that you are feeling overburdened or that you are being taken advantage of. You feel that you are pulling more than your own weight and it is time that others share in some of the responsibilities. Alternatively, the dream symbolizes size, largeness and power.

Car Flip-
To dream that your car flipped over implies that some significant event is preventing you from achieving your goals. You feel that you have to put your own life on hold.

Car Crash
To dream that you are in a car crash indicates that your beliefs, lifestyle, or goals are clashing with another's. It may also represent a shocking situation or painful experience. Alternatively, car crashes may forewarn of your dangerous or careless driving habits.�In particular, if a car crashes into you, then it suggests that your lifestyle, beliefs or goals may be in conflict with another's. It may also be symbolic of a jolting experience or injured pride.

You can check out more here, if you want to look up using other things from the dream you felt had meaning -

http://www.dreammoods.com/

http://www.understandmydreams.com/?dream_id=138106

:seeya: Thanks Nymeria! :rocker:

I was reading some information and read a vehicle in dreams in your physical self.

I do have a dream journal, but I usually write down the ones I remember hours upon awakening, like this one. x

SAUGERTIES, N.Y. (AP) — John Henson, the son of the late Muppets creator Jim Henson, has died in New York. He was 48.

Cheryl Henson says her brother died of a "massive heart attack" at his home in Saugerties on Friday. She says it happened after he had been building an igloo in the snow with his daughter...

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/john-henson-son-muppets-creator-dies-ny-013933941.html

[video=youtube;S82VqE-mfuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S82VqE-mfuU[/video]

Sweetums:

The Muppet Show: Ruth Buzzi & Sweetums - "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" - YouTube

RIP

SAUGERTIES, N.Y. (AP) — John Henson, the son of the late Muppets creator Jim Henson, has died in New York. He was 48.

Cheryl Henson says her brother died of a "massive heart attack" at his home in Saugerties on Friday. She says it happened after he had been building an igloo in the snow with his daughter...

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/john-henson-son-muppets-creator-dies-ny-013933941.html

Rainbow Connection - YouTube

Sweetums:

The Muppet Show: Ruth Buzzi & Sweetums - "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" - YouTube

RIP

:(
This is so sad. Jim dies at 53 of a freak staph infection, and his son has a heart attack at 48. How awful for the family.

At least he/they will always live on through the Muppets, that is a hell of a legacy.

Yep, that is what it is.

We just try to have fun and other things while waiting for the wheels of justice to turn. Join us if you have the time.

How are your dogs getting along today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member