GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'll de damned. Doesn't surprise me, but at least this sociopath will stay in the Big House for a long, long time. Let's see how macho he is when his cellies play music. Peace out.

Well, I'll de damned. Doesn't surprise me, but at least this sociopath will stay in the Big House for a long, long time. Let's see how macho he is when his cellies play music. Peace out.

I think I'll send his cellmate a boombox! :seeya:

BBM

May I respectfully offer an example where that logic would not apply. For example, if an old woman is attacked by a young man and shoots him dead, is that not self defense?

That is different because and older woman cannot defend and is carrying a gun for protection.

Sometimes a gun gets in the wrong hands such as an ego trip or anger, and to me that is no longer self-defense.

I would rather have my mom or sister have a gun to defend themselves against a crazed rapist who doesn't have a gun any day.

I don't believe in fair fights against the bad guys. They should always lose.

MOO.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I live where guns are usually associated with gangs etc.

I do not understand the mentality of carrying a gun because, honestly I was not raised in an environment where guns are legal to carry.

I am not trying to be ignorant.

Since there was a mistrial on the first degree charge, will there be a retrial? Please tell me this dude didn't get off for murdering Jordan (it's his bday btw) but was convicted of almost killing the poor kid's friends in the car?

Since there was a mistrial on the first degree charge, will there be a retrial? Please tell me this dude didn't get off for murdering Jordan (it's his bday btw) but was convicted of almost killing the poor kid's friends in the car?

There doesn't have to be a re-trial, but the SA said she is going to go ahead with it if it's ok by Jordan's parents. I don't think they'll mind at all.

A retrial works against the defendant because now all of the defendants cards have been exposed. The prosecution knows how they plan to attack. So now the state can be more precise in their arguments against him. IIRC.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I live where guns are usually associated with gangs etc.

I do not understand the mentality of carrying a gun because, honestly I was not raised in an environment where guns are legal to carry.

I am not trying to be ignorant.

Canadian gun laws have been much different than in the States for many years. You guys never had the Second Amendment.

I associate guns with freedom.

Canadian gun laws have been much different than in the States for many years. You guys never had the Second Amendment.

I associate guns with freedom.

How do guns = freedom?

How do guns = freedom?

It's why our founding fathers created the Second Amendment. To protect us from tyranny. I can try and explain more but it's so off topic it will get deleted.

Hi, I cant sleep cramps in my legs. What is happening to the boards? margins are blown making it so hard to read. I am just glad this "man" is locked up. Atty. said he will file an appeal, hope he doesnt get it.Wouldnt he have to get three of them? LOL..

I missed the verdict being read, thanks for the updates.

I am sorry that there was no justice for Jordan Davis but it's good that Dunn is going away for a long time.

Reasonable doubt clearly doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. To me it's not reasonable at all to believe the defendant's obvious lies.

It was a road rage case imo, only in a parking lot.

It's why our founding fathers created the Second Amendment. To protect us from tyranny. I can try and explain more but it's so off topic it will get deleted.

They don't save us from tyranny anymore. The government has drones, billion dollar airplaines, helicopters, tanks, navy ships, etc. A bunch of people with hand guns and AR-15 assault rifles aren't going to win against tyranny. That's done at the ballot box. Handguns are more likely to be used against the owner's family than to stop a crime.

I understand needing justice, but maybe closure is best. Is putting Jordan's family through another trial with all of the pain that it means worth it?

I guess that it's up to the family to decide and not me.

It's worth it to every parent who has a son that could have been this boy. It makes NO sense to convict on attempted murder for the boys who lived and not convict on murder for the boy who died.

If Jordan's death goes to a retrial, will the jurors be told that Dunn was convicted for three attempted murders?

WS was giving me a hard time last night, so I watched the verdict on CNN. At least the HLN peeps, JVM, NG, etc. used their CNN voices!

I am pleased with the 4 verdicts rendered. Firing into the fleeing vehicle was an expression of pure rage, IMHO. The first 3 shots are what are going to cause a re-trial on Jordan Davis' murder.

Right now, the only information I want from the jury is to know what caused them to hang on Murder 1. I also want Angela Corey to know that as well.

The next case will be narrower in focus, just the one charge. The prosecution will hopefully refine their arguments and not just chase the defense case. They need to be more proactive and focus on Dunn's character via some of the racist material in his jail letters without making race the focus of the case. They need to show his sense of entitlement. If those who testified to his "peaceable nature" are back on the stand, the prosecution needs to put up some of the rebuttal witnesses they have. At least two of them personally observed his despicable behavior. One was asked to "off" someone and there was a woman who observed him abuse either wife #2 or #3. It would be nice if one of his exes would testify against him. I would say #3 could do the trick and she doesn't have a child with Dunn.

I hope the sentencing hearing is postponed or moved forward enough so I can watch on live stream. I'm being selfish here! More than the actual sentence, I want to hear the testimony on both sides. It could be a harbinger of what will come in Trial #2.

Thanks to all who kept on posting.

Im listening to the commentators and want to scream. They are not even considering that the jury was hung up on m/s 1st or 2nd. They all think they hung in self defense. I hope we find out soon.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

If Jordan's death goes to a retrial, will the jurors be told that Dunn was convicted for three attempted murders?

I bet not.

Im listening to the commentators and want to scream. They are not even considering that the jury was hung up on m/s 1st or 2nd. They all think they hung in self defense. I hope we find out soon.

I tend to think they were hung up on self defense too. If it was a matter of everybody thought he was guilty of murder but they disagreed on the degree it seems like it would have been easier to come to a compromise verdict. It's harder to talk "not guilty" into "guilty" or vice versa than to talk "1st degree" to "2nd degree" (or v.v.). There was a juror question about what if it was self defense for one, was it self defense for all of them, so someone was apparently thinking that it was self defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa