GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he had neighbors, all around!! How did he restrain her while he was driving? How did he get her inside his home? Not like he had a garage with a door opener to pull the vehicle into. Very risky IMO.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.184...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1snYzoVhmMg5XmTVjD-9ET-w!2e0
1538 E. Stanford, Springfield, MO
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/W+L...a58f40ba3f97!2m2!1d-93.267319!2d37.183768!5i1
Well, they found the .22 casing in the house, so I suppose the shooting did take place inside. As for getting her inside the house, I hate to say this, but once he'd lost the chasers, he might've pulled off the road somewhere and used the duct tape to restrain and gag her.

Sending heartfelt prayers for her parents and all who love her. I just can not imagine their anguish.

Springfield Police Dept.

February 19, 2014

News Release

For Immediate Release

Police confirm body is found at 1538 E. Stanford

We are now able to confirm that we have discovered a young female body pursuant to a search warrant at 1538 E. Stanford. While she has not been positively identified, we have a high degree of confidence that it is Hailey Owens. An official finding, regarding identity and cause of death won’t be determined until after an autopsy is performed.

Read more:

http://www.springfieldmo.gov/webapps/news/getStory.jsp?relid=10225
Springfield, MO - Springfield Police Dept.

XNpgzLa.jpg

map showing the distance between the 3200 block of W. Lombard and the 1500 block of E. Stanford:

Such a beautiful child.

I don't believe this was the monsters first time. He was prepared. Not his car, duct tape, bleach and boxes to hide her in. And he went to the laundromat to get rid of evidence.

I dread the coming weeks- how many students did he have access to, those poor kids. :banghead:

Edited to add- hope it's ok to use the picture of Hailey as my signature.

I just don't even know what to say. It doesn't get any easier, that's for sure.

Sweet, sweet Hailey. Darling, darling child. I'm so terribly sorry.

*wipes away tears*

Last edited by bessie; Today at 12:50 AM. Reason: blown margins, resized image

Regarding my comment #83 up-thread, thank you, Bessie, for resizing. I had no idea of how to do that.

When I posted the map, all I thought was . . . "Yikes! A huge, huge image!" So glad you fixed it, Bessie.

If CMW had been driving his own car instead of one borrowed from his parents, I wonder if LE could have gotten to his home in time to save Hailey... it would have had to have been significantly sooner, probably hours sooner. CMW had time to clean up the basement and do most of what he did at the laundromat, since he arrived back at his home "shortly" after LE got there. Even so, I can only imagine there are people in LE beating themselves up that they couldn't get to his house faster.

RIP Hailey. My heart goes out to her, her parents, the witnesses, LE and everyone involved in this case, and CMW's parents. What a heart-breaker!

Such a beautiful child.

I don't believe this was the monsters first time. He was prepared. Not his car, duct tape, bleach and boxes to hide her in. And he went to the laundromat to get rid of evidence.

I dread the coming weeks- how many students did he have access to, those poor kids. :banghead:

Edited to add- hope it's ok to use the picture of Hailey as my signature.

I fear too that other missing children will turn out to be victims of this sicko.

I cant believe these sick SOBs will murder a child for a 1-time thing. Its just so incredibly unbelievable and sickening.
Death penalty and nothing less!

I pray for the family and pray for even the people who tried to help. The guy chasing him will have a difficult time with this as he will always think if he could have just caught up with him and maybe rammed him off the road or something. So close to stopping this creep. Im so saddened.

The amber alert came across my TV and I had a bad feeling about this 1 being a horrible situation because of the way it was described. Kind of knew it wasnt a custody thing.

The ONLY thing that gave me a chuckle today. JMO. When the superintendent gave the statement that he did work there...but he was suspended until this matter is resolved. Are you kidding me? Guy is arrested for this murder and he is just "suspended".

I work for a school district and this is the standard procedure. All hires/fires have to be approved by the school board. So when something egregious happens, the employee is suspended until their termination is approved at the next school board meeting.

Does anybody know his official status with the school? Last night when I went to bed I had read he was a paraprofessional/teacher aide and worked as the in-school suspension aide along with being an extra curricular coach. This morning, he is being referred to as a previous substitute teacher and a teacher. Just curious if he was in fact a certified teacher.

IMO he knew that he had been seen and he knew that even if he threw her back out of the car, he'd be in a whole lot of trouble and perhaps wouldn't get another opportunity like this. I believe at the point he didn't care that he was going to be caught, only that he follow through with his sick plans.

I'm so sorry Hailey, I feel sick and wish things had turned out differently. Fly up with the stars sweet girl *advertiser censored*

IMO he knew that he had been seen and he knew that even if he threw her back out of the car, he'd be in a whole lot of trouble and perhaps wouldn't get another opportunity like this. I believe at the point he didn't care that he was going to be caught, only that he follow through with his sick plans.

I'm so sorry Hailey, I feel sick and wish things had turned out differently. Fly up with the stars sweet girl *advertiser censored*

Or maybe he thought it would take LE a day or so to find him and maybe he thought he could clean up all evidence before they eventually came to his house. That could explain why he shot her so fast and was in the act of getting rid of evidence like going to laundry matt.

I really do worry about possibly more victims. He had too much ready like the bin and duct tape and bleach and knowing to go to laundry matt. Its like he knew immediately what to start doing. I doubt he would be so methodical if he has never done this before. Wondering what cases could be candidates for this creep.

I think I already said I am outraged but will say it again. I am outraged!!!
I cant believe these kind of creeps will just kill a child for their own sick twisted 1 day of whatever. Its unfathomable.

I really think all the witnesses did a good job and of course we all wish things would have turned out better.

I know LE is feeling as bad as everyone else and dont want to critisize anyone at all. I am sure they will look at their processes regarding the time it took to issue the amber alert. There does seem to be some delay which is concerning.
The whole purpose of an Amber Alert is speed in getting out the info quickly to prevent things like this. It is hard to believe that with all the info that likely was called in directly to LE very quickly that the alert seems like it should have gone out much faster than it did. Hopefully LE will learn and improve their processes. It may or may not have helped but they need to go out as fast as possible.

If CMW had been driving his own car instead of one borrowed from his parents, I wonder if LE could have gotten to his home in time to save Hailey... it would have had to have been significantly sooner, probably hours sooner. CMW had time to clean up the basement and do most of what he did at the laundromat, since he arrived back at his home "shortly" after LE got there. Even so, I can only imagine there are people in LE beating themselves up that they couldn't get to his house faster.

RIP Hailey. My heart goes out to her, her parents, the witnesses, LE and everyone involved in this case, and CMW's parents. What a heart-breaker!

I wonder how many times he borrowed cars?
I do NOT think this is his first time at this!

I have a question for anyone that may know the answer.

I have been thinking about the Amber Alert.

Has there been cases where LE was able to save the child when they were abducted by a stranger and an AA put out? Or abducted by a stranger pedophile, which I think this monster is?

I know the AA has been helpful in non-custodial abductions but those children are much easier to track.

Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

The ONLY thing that gave me a chuckle today. JMO. When the superintendent gave the statement that he did work there...but he was suspended until this matter is resolved. Are you kidding me? Guy is arrested for this murder and he is just "suspended".

They probably aren't allowed to fire him because of the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. I am wondering though with such a MOUNTAIN of evidence against this if he is suspended WITH pay?

They probably aren't allowed to fire him because of the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. I am wondering though with such a MOUNTAIN of evidence against this if he is suspended WITH pay?

No doubt it is with pay.

BBM

That's funny, Fragile, "the whole innocent until proven guilty thing." Kind of an important "thing", IMO.

CMW is a and, for me, there is nothing short of shooting him in the base of the head that will do. I wish nothing would get in the way of annihilating him quickly so that he can't derive any pleasure from reliving his heinous acts. But, given our system, there is going to be a long road ahead of us.

My heart breaks for Hailey, her family, her community, us. It's unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kennedy1227