GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The address where she was found was 1538 E. Stanford St, Springfield, MO. When looking at the map, I realized something...

While I'm concerned that the Amber Alert protocol takes too long to be effective in certain cases such as this--and certainly needs improvement--it should also be noted that in this case, by the time police got to the block where she was abducted, she was likely not on the road anymore. She was taken (or the call came in) at 4:48. By the time police were arriving to question the witnesses (5:00), she was likely already in his driveway being taken into the house (likely a back door). Below is a map that shows the routes and times needed to get from the 3200 block of W. Lombard to his house at 1538 E Stanford St--the times range from 12-13 minutes. :/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfix21b8pbd656t/12-13 minutes copy.png

Now that the shock has semi-worn off, I want to know why if the police were AT this guys house at 8:30PM............WHY did it take until early next morning to get a warrant to search his house???
Now I'm angry......

I spoke with my cousins who are a lawyer and a Detective. We do not live in MO, so not sure if the rules are different. But, here they would have gotten a warrant right away. They had probable cause to search the house.

What frightened all three of us, and I am sure many of you, is she could have been alive or close to dying in the house as they sat outside waiting for her. What if he had poisoned her or locked her in a box and she was gasping for air? I also am not understanding they then walked in without a wart pant to see if anyone needed help? Why not do that when they arrived? I am not faulting them in their process for bring ping her home because I am greatly impressed in how quick this way. But, I do not understand why it took until 2am to get a warrant. You can get a warrant signed here in minutes, even in the middle of the night. I just wonder if there is more behind the details that they are not telling because otherwise it makes little sense.

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/d...26000&agency=39&id=104957&searchType=offender
VINE - State of Missouri -- Craig Michael Wood

Offender Details

Offender Name: CRAIG MICHAEL WOOD

Offender ID:104957

Date of Birth:03/25/1968

Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody

Location of Offender: Greene County Jail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aliases

WOOD, CRAIG MICHALE

api_image_web_pkg.get_image

Note: As many of you know, you can register with VINE - MO re Craig Wood.

Gunshot wound to back of head. Chilling. Don't we usually hear of suffocation?

"Authorities believe Wood, a Springfield schools employee, abducted her from a Springfield street in the daylight hours Tuesday, took her to the basement of his home and shot her in the back of her head"

news-leader.com

Maybe I don't have enough info, but he abduct her to shoot her in the back of the head? That seems very unusual for a child predator. Usually it's to abuse, then strangulate. Maybe I've been following far too many cases.

MOO

Mel

Or maybe he thought it would take LE a day or so to find him and maybe he thought he could clean up all evidence before they eventually came to his house. That could explain why he shot her so fast and was in the act of getting rid of evidence like going to laundry matt.

I really do worry about possibly more victims. He had too much ready like the bin and duct tape and bleach and knowing to go to laundry matt. Its like he knew immediately what to start doing. I doubt he would be so methodical if he has never done this before. Wondering what cases could be candidates for this creep.

I think I already said I am outraged but will say it again. I am outraged!!!
I cant believe these kind of creeps will just kill a child for their own sick twisted 1 day of whatever. Its unfathomable.

One thought is that he may have gotten ideas from the internet. Being a teacher/paraprofessional he surely had access to the web.

I have a question for anyone that may know the answer.

I have been thinking about the Amber Alert.

Has there been cases where LE was able to save the child when they were abducted by a stranger and an AA put out? Or abducted by a stranger pedophile, which I think this monster is?

I know the AA has been helpful in non-custodial abductions but those children are much easier to track.

Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Here's one I can think of but there maybe additional to the story.

ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- A quick-thinking Good Samaritan is being credited with helping police spot an AMBER Alert suspect's car. A 7-year-old Antioch girl was found inside the car that was parked at the Antioch Marina late Friday night.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?id=9381775

Maybe I don't have enough info, but he abduct her to shoot her in the back of the head? That seems very unusual for a child predator. Usually it's to abuse, then strangulate. Maybe I've been following far too many cases.

MOO

Mel

I am pretty sure it is unusual. I wonder if Hailey managed to untie herself, and she was trying to get away, when he shot her? How exactly does LE know she tried to get away, if he's not talking? Maybe they are making a reasonable guess based on where the wound was?

T What other similar unsolved cases are there in the vicinity, and/or places he is known to have lived and worked?

Angie Hammond, Clinton, MO, 1991
Cheryl Ann Kenney, Nevada, MO, 1991
Trudy Darby, Macks Creek, MO, 1991
The Springfield Three, 1992

At one time they looked into whether Kenneth McDuff could have abducted Hammond, Darby, and Kenney. Wikipedia still says he is a possible suspect in those, but he was arrested the month before the Springfield Three were abducted.

gunshot has me baffled.....

Me as well.

Me too, gunshot to back of head, ligature marks. REALLY hate to say it but makes me think execution?

Reads like that, doesn't it?

Like others have said, I really don't think that this is his first time doing something like this. I hope LE is trying to tie together cases nearby to see if there are connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa