GUILTY TX - Officer Jaime Padron, 40, shot to death, Austin, 6 April 2012 #1

images
:floorlaugh:

wth does he swing in his chair like a child?

under stress, nervous during questioning. He messed up and didn't have an answer to the State's last question. Something about him saying BD's interrogation tape/s should be disregarded.

Remember this is only the guilt phase of the trial.
Should the jury find him guilty of 1st degree murder, it would move on to the penalty phase, where the jury would decide if he should be put to death or receive life in prison.

That was the biggest pot of yahoo I've ever heard out of an "MD"....I mean really now....

Addiction Medicine? GMAB. caca!

Another break? They just had one so the State could cross the 'medical expert'.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 41s

Judge said the charge reading and closing arguments could take between 1-2 hours. Then the jury will start deliberations.

https://twitter.com/chrissadeghi

Judge charging the jury, then closing arguments by the attorneys.

Will Softail get back before the jury returns with a guilty verdict????

Chris Sadeghi @chrissadeghi

Charge is being read. Knowingly causing the death of a peace officer is the criteria for Capital Murder in this case

State will now give their closing argument.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 51s

Asst. DA Gary Cobb starts closing argument for state. Explains this is the guilt/innocence phase. Not punishment.

I stepped away for a moment, and we are already in closing arguments. How I wish that Arias trial had been in Texas.

It's true, don't mess with Texas!

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 1m

"Did we do a good job in Voir Dire (Jury selection) of getting people who have common sense?" - Gary Cobb.

UPDATE IN HEATHER ELVIS CASE: South Carolina - 2 arrests have been made this morning in her disappearance (Sidney, who was the married man she was rumored to have had an affair with, and his wife) ! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235805

Sorry for the interruption - in case others are following that case also - back to closings here.... :seeya:

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 2m

Murder is a lesser included offense in this case for jury. If they feel it does not fit criteria of Capital Murder, they can chose murder

I was summoned for a death penalty trial some years ago in Tx, the two questions asked of the jurty make it quite easy to dole it out (I believe they are along the lines of 'does defendant pose a danger to society' and 'are there any mitigating factors'), I didn't sit on that trial as I had plane tickets out of state during the scheduled dates so I don't know if they hold a mitigation phase if/once he's convicted. Seems like they had that doc and the ex-gf on the stands as mitigation though.

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 1m

In order to convict #BrandonDaniel on capital murder charge jury must believe he knowingly had intended to murder a peace officer.
from Austin, TX

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 4m

#BrandonDaniel #DanielTrial jury can only consider murder charge if state failed to prove capital murder standard. #JaimePadron

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 17s

Intoxication is not a valid defense. May play a role in punishment phase when gauging future danger, but not in guilt/innocence

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 2m

Cobb says intentionally and knowingly criteria is also there because Daniel put the gun to Padron's neck and pulled the trigger.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 5m

Cobb explaining differences. He says Padron was serving as a police officer on duty & Daniel knew he was an officer so Capital Murder fits

wth does he swing in his chair like a child?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: OMG! This brings back the memory of the Jodi Arias spoof of her I always called "My Bangs" video.. HILARIOUS as her swinging the chair and spinning it around a la Exorcist. If you have never seen this... watch it during break as it is a CLASSIC imho.

ETA: REmoved link as might be offensive as has vulgarity in it that I forgot about - you can search it... by googling Jodi Arias: Never Before Seen Testimony

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back