SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #20 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard Rock Park - My sis and I went there while it was open to see Run DMC and Kid Rock...what a waste of money that place was...

as for the 1325 Celebrity Circle IE, I just checked out the Broadway at the Beach page

http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/ and they have a link to live web cams...ugh

I agree. If you google the address in the article it is Broadway at the Beach. Tilted Kilt is at 1317 Celebrity Circle. Close but it was not done at Heather's work according to this.

Hey everyone, I don't talk much, but this one has me riveted.

Can someone tell me when the Disney trip took place?

Also, a shocker I know, but some married men lie about their marital status.

The weekend of January 10th was the half marathon that Sidney participated in. I think that was the last Disney trip.

"It's a world of laughter,
a world of tears,
it's a world of hopes
and a world of fears..."

De-lurking here... been reading this community for forever, but this case has me unhinged. Hi! :lurk:

Thankfully, I think this is one case where it seems like LE really does know a lot more than they are letting on. It's unraveling quickly, and I think answers will come rapidly this week.

I am having a hard time finding a kidnapping case, without the victim ever being recovered, and no murder charges. I did find one case: Melissa Brennan. She went missing after a Christmas party in 1989.

Caleb D. Hughes, of Woodbridge, who is serving time in a Virginia maximum security prison for violating parole in an unrelated case, will be brought to Fairfax later this week and arraigned on a felony charge of abduction with intent to defile. If convicted, Hughes would face a maximum penalty of life in prison.

Hughes has admitted nothing, and the prosecutor based his case on sophisticated forensic evidence—including clothing fibers and hair strands—which he claimed proved Melissa had been in Hughes's car the night she disappeared. Authorities are convinced the child is dead, but without proof they could not bring a murder charge.

And Andre Rand for the kidnapping of Holly Ann Hughes. He was already in prison for the murder of another girl:

In 2004 Rand was again brought to trial, this time charged with the kidnapping of Holly Ann Hughes 23 years earlier. There is no statute of limitations in New York for first-degree kidnapping, which made this charge possible. A jury convicted Rand of the kidnapping in October 2004, and he was sentenced to another consecutive 25 years to life in prison. He will become eligible for parole in 2037, when he is 93 years old.

De-lurking here... been reading this community for forever, but this case has me unhinged. Hi! :lurk:

Thankfully, I think this is one case where it seems like LE really does know a lot more than they are letting on. It's unraveling quickly, and I think answers will come rapidly this week.

Welcome Caitlin :)
:welcome:

If LE found that the kidnaping occured and HE was transported out of state, that would be a federal charge right? I am rusty on my law stuff.

In reference to one of the IE charges - could it be that one of those charges stems from the Moorer's changing clothes outside and it just so happened a camera caught them.
For example they drove behind a building stripped down, cleaned up, and bagged their clothes to prevent carrying any of Heather's DNA or trace back home...and all the while they did this in a cameras field of view?? This is just a thought. Is that even plausible?

Wasn't the charge of murder included in Jackie Hawkes' case?

if I am remembering right, yes it was. I think in some cases, where there is jo body, but evidence shows something happened and the only way to look at it that there was no way a person could survive it.

I hope that sounds right. Sleepyness is creeping in my brain.

In reference to one of the IE charges - could it be that one of those charges stems from the Moorer's changing clothes outside and it just so happened a camera caught them.
For example they drove behind a building stripped down, cleaned up, and bagged their clothes to prevent carrying any of Heather's DNA or trace back home...and all the while they did this in a cameras field of view?? This is just a thought. Is that even plausible?

Excellent thought! Sounds plausible to me.

Any insight on why these are kidnapping and not murder charges? Do any of you expect an "upgrade" in these charges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If SC is anything like NC, then there won't be the DP on the table. Here's why: generally when there are children involved in the mix, meaning children of the perp(s), the DA often chooses not to go for the DP even if the case might qualify. Often the victim's family concurs--they don't want to cause further hurt to any children involved.

Obviously this is not a rule and is not 100%, but it's something I've noticed in many murder cases. LWOP seems to be a sentence that satisfies both the state and the victim's family.

If (and when) this case moves on to more serious charges (i.e. murder) I will be shocked if this case is one in which the DP is sought for either perp.

<That was a really cool ride ("It's a small world...")...Fond memories. :heart:>

:rollercoaster:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member