SIDEBAR #23- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning all. It is COLD here. My coat is covered with Becky hair. I have not had to wear a coat in days and the Hubs used my coat for Becky to lay on when he took her to the vet yesterday. As I was driving to work, I noticed that one arm of my coat was covered with Becky hair. It is a fleece coat so I can shake it out and wash it.

:crying::crying::crying:

How do you like my Captain Gregg? :cheerful:
Handsome- not pretty- and very manly, but sweet in his way and loves deeply. :heartbeat:

Did you watch it?
What did you think, if you did?

picture.php

picture.php

:seeya:

I have to admit I only watched half of it YoN, and I was being distracted through some of that even. Our house was too active last night :facepalm:, usually everyone is doing their own thing (and watching their own TV shows, lol). I am going to have to catch it again and really settle in to watch.

But what I did see I liked. I am finding myself watching more and more TCM & older movies, maybe because I myself am getting older :eek:
And Yes, Rex Harrison as Capt. Gregg has got it goin' on.
What woman doesn't love a gruff, handsome guy with a big ole heart underneath? :loveyou:

Don't worry Bend, I am sure it will go fine.
By this time tomorrow you will be relieved it is over with.

Good Morning all. It is COLD here. My coat is covered with Becky hair. I have not had to wear a coat in days and the Hubs used my coat for Becky to lay on when he took her to the vet yesterday. As I was driving to work, I noticed that one arm of my coat was covered with Becky hair. It is a fleece coat so I can shake it out and wash it.

Save the hair- you could make a coat/sweater out of dog hair :floorlaugh:

Wearing The Hair Of The Dog. Portraits Of People In Clothes Made From Their Pets' Fur:
( be sure to check out the jewelry made from Cat hair!
Jewelry The Cat Coughed Up. Feline Furball Necklaces, Earrings and Rings. :floorlaugh:)

http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/2008/10/wearing-hair-of-dog-portraits-of-people.html

So, what happened with the accident?

:loveyou:

Save the hair- you could make a coat/sweater out of dog hair :floorlaugh:

Wearing The Hair Of The Dog. Portraits Of People In Clothes Made From Their Pets' Fur:
( be sure to check out the jewelry made from Cat hair!
Jewelry The Cat Coughed Up. Feline Furball Necklaces, Earrings and Rings. :floorlaugh:)

http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/2008/10/wearing-hair-of-dog-portraits-of-people.html

So, what happened with the accident?

:loveyou:

Oh my, I love it! My pup used to shed so much, I said I could sweep up a dog a day, and I would be rich if one could sell dog fur. So interesting that someone turned it all into yarn, then clothing.

Don't think furball necklaces are a great idea though. They may have a lingering aroma. Lol.

Oh my, I love it! My pup used to shed so much, I said I could sweep up a dog a day, and I would be rich if one could sell dog fur. So interesting that someone turned it all into yarn, then clothing.

Don't think furball necklaces are a great idea though. They may have a lingering aroma. Lol.

In the summer, Milo sheds so much that I always say I can make another cat :floorlaugh: and there's hair everywhere- and I do mean everywhere. :(
Right now, he just looks very a fatcat :cat: with all the hair he has now- until he sheds it this coming summer. It's a good thing The Queen doesn't shed at all or I'd have a hairum. :floorlaugh:

BBM People can do and make/sell anything. It's amazing! :bowdown:
That happened to remind me of something that I heard about on the radio when my son was very young.
There was this guy who sold everything he had, put things on the internet (I didn't have a computer then, so I couldn't look- you'all know how nosey I am :facepalm:) and he sold everything down to his sideburns (in a plastic bag :floorlaugh:).- AllMyLifeForSale is what I remember.

So, I looked it up this AM and found this:
---------------
The man who sold his life for $6,000:

" 'One day John Freyer decided to sell everything he owned on the internet. He invited his friends over to tag all the possessions in his apartment, and he systematically put them up for sale on eBay. An unopened box of taco shells, half a bottle of mouthwash, almost all of his clothes, his records, his sideburns (in a plastic bag), furniture: John didn't let sentiment or utility stand in his way. Soon his belongings were sold all over the world, with a bag of Porky's BBQ Pork Skins making its way to Japan, and a chair ending up in the Museum of Modern Art. With almost all the objects in his life now gone, he started the second phase of his journey: to visit his one-time possessions in their new homes.' "

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2002/dec/08/art

Seems there's a website, a book, and he's still selling now. He also "visited" all the things he sold. :facepalm:

"It is remarkable what people will pay good money for.
For instance, take a look at John D. Freyer's book "All My Life for Sale" (and the associated Web site Allmylifeforsale.com), and you'll discover that a man from Tumwater paid $11 to buy a can of sauerkraut from the author. A woman from California paid $48 to buy his belt buckle. And a guy from Portland paid $41 for four educational dental work photographs."

http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/books/article/In-All-My-Life-for-Sale-a-man-learns-it-s-not-1101216.php
-------------------

ILTBP- How is your husband? Did they give him the thingy to put on the toilet seat to catch the stones when he pees? :facepalm: They will want to analyze the stones- there are different type of stones, as I have found out :scared:- to see why he's "making" stones.
Hope he's feeling better. :seeya:

What gossip have I missed then? Absolutely nothing going on here

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Only gossip is about "<modsnip> from Florida".

How have you been and what are you up to?

I'm being lazy today.
I have to go food shopping and I'd rather stay home in my warm house and watch Kitty Foyle on TCM. :facepalm:

Oh- It's over.

Now I don't have an excuse. :floorlaugh: Guess I should go.
See you- I mean- no one- later (as I talk to myself) :seeya: :floorlaugh:

In the summer, Milo sheds so much that I always say I can make another cat :floorlaugh: and there's hair everywhere- and I do mean everywhere. :(
Right now, he just looks very a fatcat :cat: with all the hair he has now- until he sheds it this coming summer. It's a good thing The Queen doesn't shed at all or I'd have a hairum. :floorlaugh:

BBM People can do and make/sell anything. It's amazing! :bowdown:
That happened to remind me of something that I heard about on the radio when my son was very young.
There was this guy who sold everything he had, put things on the internet (I didn't have a computer then, so I couldn't look- you'all know how nosey I am :facepalm:) and he sold everything down to his sideburns (in a plastic bag :floorlaugh:).- AllMyLifeForSale is what I remember.

So, I looked it up this AM and found this:
---------------
The man who sold his life for $6,000:

" 'One day John Freyer decided to sell everything he owned on the internet. He invited his friends over to tag all the possessions in his apartment, and he systematically put them up for sale on eBay. An unopened box of taco shells, half a bottle of mouthwash, almost all of his clothes, his records, his sideburns (in a plastic bag), furniture: John didn't let sentiment or utility stand in his way. Soon his belongings were sold all over the world, with a bag of Porky's BBQ Pork Skins making its way to Japan, and a chair ending up in the Museum of Modern Art. With almost all the objects in his life now gone, he started the second phase of his journey: to visit his one-time possessions in their new homes.' "

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2002/dec/08/art

Seems there's a website, a book, and he's still selling now. He also "visited" all the things he sold. :facepalm:

"It is remarkable what people will pay good money for.
For instance, take a look at John D. Freyer's book "All My Life for Sale" (and the associated Web site Allmylifeforsale.com), and you'll discover that a man from Tumwater paid $11 to buy a can of sauerkraut from the author. A woman from California paid $48 to buy his belt buckle. And a guy from Portland paid $41 for four educational dental work photographs."

http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/books/article/In-All-My-Life-for-Sale-a-man-learns-it-s-not-1101216.php
-------------------

ILTBP- How is your husband? Did they give him the thingy to put on the toilet seat to catch the stones when he pees? :facepalm: They will want to analyze the stones- there are different type of stones, as I have found out :scared:- to see why he's "making" stones.
Hope he's feeling better. :seeya:

He's home and I'm trying to get him in bed. He's out in the back playing with the dogs ( we can make several dogs out of the fur from three dog each day. Anna said she stepped off the elevator one morning, and a women standing there said that's awful a lot of fur. It covered her black coat, and we'd rolled the lint brush all over her before I dropped her off) anyway, he's doing fine so far. His top lip started swelling so he's had a benadryl and a call in to his doctor.

I have been driving all over Dallas and back since five thirty this morning, and I'm tired and going to take a nap if I can get him to take one with me. He has a strainer cup? and some pretty graphic photos of before and after. He has a stent in place (I couldn't stop laughing) that is twenty four inches from his kidney to uh well the end that will be in place for ten days. Dallas - Fort Worth is in the kidney stone capital of America. Along with the rest of the south. Must be all that sweet tea.

Hi all,

Miss you! I have been busy w the kids and husband has hernia and needs surgery next week so I'm playing nurse. The pain meds are making him so loopy and his personality different. Anyone else ever have this problem? I'm assuming it's somewhat normal. He is hesitant to take them but he really needs them bc the pain is so severe and regular pain relievers aren't working.

I hope everyone is doing well. I have been lurking in the heather Elvis thread, heartbreaking and very upsetting.

Oh and I found out I'm having another boy! I'm very excited about that bc my sons will be so close in age. My daughter is the oldest and she will be 3 in September. My son is due on July 28th which would be a great day to be born but bc my 14 month old was a c section looks like i will be having another c section and my OB usually schedules repeat c sections a week before your due date so looks like a 7/28 bday isn't happening. I have a thing with numbers so I'm gonna see if i can schedule for the 22nd lol im so weird. Apparently uterine rupture can happen if you have a vaginal birth after a c section. The risk is very low but it's not something im comfortable risking.

Anyway thats really all thats new with me, hope everyone is doing well

Hi all,

Miss you! I have been busy w the kids and husband has hernia and needs surgery next week so I'm playing nurse. The pain meds are making him so loopy and his personality different. Anyone else ever have this problem? I'm assuming it's somewhat normal. He is hesitant to take them but he really needs them bc the pain is so severe and regular pain relievers aren't working.

I hope everyone is doing well. I have been lurking in the heather Elvis thread, heartbreaking and very upsetting.

Oh and I found out I'm having another boy! I'm very excited about that bc my sons will be so close in age. My daughter is the oldest and she will be 3 in September. My son is due on July 28th which would be a great day to be born but bc my 14 month old was a c section looks like i will be having another c section and my OB usually schedules repeat c sections a week before your due date so looks like a 7/28 bday isn't happening. I have a thing with numbers so I'm gonna see if i can schedule for the 22nd lol im so weird. Apparently uterine rupture can happen if you have a vaginal birth after a c section. The risk is very low but it's not something im comfortable risking.

Well, girl I've been wondering about you. Hmmm pain meds will chill you out ,but is his personality change harmful in any way? My DH has been on pain meds for several days, but they just make him sleepy.

I found out at Christmas that I was going to be a great (I am an awesome aunt LOL) aunt July the twenty second, and found out last week it's a boy, was hoping for a girl, but their young and I might have another chance. Glad to see you around.

:crying::crying::crying:

How do you like my Captain Gregg? :cheerful:
Handsome- not pretty- and very manly, but sweet in his way and loves deeply. :heartbeat:

Did you watch it?
What did you think, if you did?

picture.php

picture.php

I just finished watching this, YorN. It is now at the top of my list. I love, love, loved it. I'm even considering watching it again over the weekend, lol. :yes: And planning to order the book. Wonder if it's as good or better, have you read it?

Oh, and, yes I love MY Captain Gregg :heartbeat: :floorlaugh:

Hi all,

So good to see you Molly. I have been on the Heather Elvis thread too. Very very sad.

Pain meds made my dad and my boss major grumps! Very irritable. They have loads of side effects, so you may want to look them up. If he is being a "pain" now, it could be the meds. Make sure he eats before he takes them too, very important.

He's home and I'm trying to get him in bed. He's out in the back playing with the dogs ( we can make several dogs out of the fur from three dog each day. Anna said she stepped off the elevator one morning, and a women standing there said that's awful a lot of fur. It covered her black coat, and we'd rolled the lint brush all over her before I dropped her off) anyway, he's doing fine so far. His top lip started swelling so he's had a benadryl and a call in to his doctor.

I have been driving all over Dallas and back since five thirty this morning, and I'm tired and going to take a nap if I can get him to take one with me. He has a strainer cup? and some pretty graphic photos of before and after. He has a stent in place (I couldn't stop laughing) that is twenty four inches from his kidney to uh well the end that will be in place for ten days. Dallas - Fort Worth is in the kidney stone capital of America. Along with the rest of the south. Must be all that sweet tea.

BBM It could be. Now your husband will be getting a new diet- once they find out why his body is forming kidney stones( by analyzing them).
I was told that I cannot eat/drink- spinach, chocolate, nuts, asparagus, orange juice, ice tea, and can only drink 1 glass of milk per day- can't remember the rest :facepalm:

A stent, huh. Ick. :facepalm:

Hope he's feeling better today.

Hi all,

I'm glad to see you here, baby mommy. :seeya: Miss you.

How wonderful that you are having a boy (I like boys. I think they are easier than girls, or so I've been told).

Have the baby on the 24th. That's my birthday. :facepalm:

Don't know too much about pain meds, but all the "codone's" make me :sick: and :crosseyed:.

I just finished watching this, YorN. It is now at the top of my list. I love, love, loved it. I'm even considering watching it again over the weekend, lol. :yes: And planning to order the book. Wonder if it's as good or better, have you read it?

Oh, and, yes I love MY Captain Gregg :heartbeat: :floorlaugh:

Glad you love MY Captain Gregg- after all, he was mine since I was a little girl- a hundred years ago :floorlaugh:

But- I mustn't be greedy.
You may have him for a while. :facepalm:

Now, you have to find a portrait of a sea captain for yourself. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads