SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree LE wouldn't just roll the dice on SM's charge. They've got him present and accounted for.
I think I've really wanted him to be "less guilty" - coerced or something. I wanted to believe he felt something for HE. She seems to have felt something for him.
In many ways his involvement is worse than TM's. TM was a woman scorned, one who never knew HE in any meaningful way.
SM knew HE intimately. HE trusted him.

TE's words keep coming back to me, about "someone she trusted betraying her."
However whipped we tend to picture SM, he alone is the betrayer in this story.
First his wife, then Heather.

Not necessarily.....TM could've literally held a gun up to SM's head and made him do it near PTL......we don't know yet. But I have seen the evil rants TM made and her kooky dis posts.
We don't know much about SM but he looks like a "beaten" man, haggard, and very thin in his arrest pics.

For the record: I do not think sm is the sociopath here. I do not see a sociopathic stare, I see trapped, busted, end of the line, up the proverbial creek, he knows he's done for. I would not be surprised AT ALL if tm is a sociopath, but I also don't think it's fair for us to dx her. (you all kwim!)

very interested in the childhoods of these two.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You don't have to be a sociopath to get caught up in these kinds of scenarios. A personality disorder would suffice.

I would think they both have childhood histories of trauma (early loss/separation, attachment disorder, abuse, neglect, etc. Spoiling counts as neglect.)

It's too bad the M's did get good psychological help as kids or as adults. Sadly, this tragedy was preventable. Now, they need to pay for their crimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure. It's not like they took a drug test, so they would have to be caught on camera doing drugs. Some ya eat, some ya snort, some ya smoke, etc, but most make you too paranoid to use out in the open. But yeah, somebody probably could've used a little herbal therapy...AGREED! :floorlaugh:
I mean, searching house would have provided evidence of drug use... unless they cleaned house, knowing a sw was a possibility. I believe sm was probably being careful, while tm was too confident....

Does anybody think this scenario is possible?

SM calls HE that afternoon to say he's leaving TM. HE blows him off, because she has a date that night. The phone call is in the back of her mind during the date, and she's struggling to enjoy herself. As a result of him being blown off, SM goes out for an alcohol/drug-fueled evening with the wife. SM has to work the next day, so when they get home, he crashes. TM uses his phone to communicate with HE, posing as SM. SM wakes up to go to work, but sees what ensued on his phone. SM [modsnip] attempts to call HE to warn her, but it goes straight to voice mail. In a panic, he drives to "their place" (PTL) and either catches TM in the act or is too late. He then has to help and is seen leaving PTL. Does any of this jive with the charges and the facts that we DO know?

MOO and speculation and stuff...

You don't have to be a sociopath to get caught up in these kinds of scenarios. A personality disorder would suffice.

sbm

I agree. I was referring to multiple previous posts saying they are sociopaths. I just think, bc someone kills someone, that doesn't make them a sociopath. a murderer, yes, but not necessarily a sociopath.

Does anybody think this scenario is possible?

SM calls HE that afternoon to say he's leaving TM. HE blows him off, because she has a date that night. The phone call is in the back of her mind during the date, and she's struggling to enjoy herself. As a result of him being blown off, SM goes out for an alcohol/drug-fueled evening with the wife. SM has to work the next day, so when they get home, he crashes. TM uses his phone to communicate with HE, posing as SM. SM wakes up to go to work, but sees what ensued on his phone. SM [modsnip] attempts to call HE to warn her, but it goes straight to voice mail. In a panic, he drives to "their place" (PTL) and either catches TM in the act or is too late. He then has to help and is seen leaving PTL. Does any of this jive with the charges and the facts that we DO know?

MOO and speculation and stuff...

Someone posted up thread that we all love HE so much that we're trying to project these feelings for her onto SM. I tend to agree.

Likely, HE was an object to SM. He enjoyed the way she made him feel about himself. I don't think he knew or cared for her as a person. He is probably incapable of true intimacy.

I think if it came down to HE's life or saving his own butt, SM would be looking out for #1- himself.

I don't think a loving, caring, healthy person would be married to TM. Most likely, they are equally dysfunctional, maybe in different ways though.

I think TM hatched the plan but would not be at all surprised to learn that SM actually killed her <Mod Snip>.

I am just going to play devils advocate for a minute and say that SM doesnt strike me as being weak, beaten down or controlled by TM.

SM could have been very open about the relationship he was having with HE, taunting TM, elaborating details of the affair, playing all the reverse "head games" with TM. It takes two to tango and over the years I might guess that SM learned to find a way to keep TM "off his back".

With this scenario in mind, SM may have been very jealous knowing that HE was moving on and seeing another guy. If SM had been open with TM about his feelings for Heather he may have been raging openly to TM, complaining how HE ruined his life, was playing games with him, or HE deserved to pay. SM fueled the illness in TM and she goes along with SM plans to confront HE.

Men kill women they "love" all the time. I do not think SM loved HE, sadly.

Where is Heather? Praying for the Elvis family.

JMO

Someone posted up thread that we all love HE so much that we're trying to project these feelings for her onto SM. I tend to agree.

Likely, HE was an object to SM. He enjoyed the way she made him feel about himself. I don't think he knew or cared for her as a person. He is probably incapable of true intimacy.

I think if it came down to HE's life or saving his own butt, SM would be looking out for #1- himself.

I don't think a loving, caring, healthy person would be married to TM. Most likely, they are equally dysfunctional, maybe in different ways though.

I think TM hatched the plan but would not be at all surprised to learn that SM actually killed her <Mod Snip>
I agree that many of us (myself included) are guilty of trying to humanize SM. I've thought out so many scenarios in my head and fought the urge to drive over to PTL and every other place marked on (I believe) Okie Granny's map. And I know the answers we truly want, will probably never be revealed to us. I'm grasping at straws, because like you said, "we all love HE so much." I don't know the Elvis family, personally, but we have mutual friends and acquaintances. I went to school with one of HE's cousins. I know all of the places mentioned in her case, without using a map. I can even relate to her, because I wasn't so different at 20. I guess it all just hits so close to home and that makes me love her more. My heart aches for that family. I don't know why I feel like I can solve this or bring her home, but I would love nothing more.

Thinking back to the beginning of this case, IIRC, Heather's missing poster was posted on Craigslist in the cars and trucks for sale section. We wondered at the time, and I still wonder...why that section?

If the M's were selling something on Craigslist...I sure hope a member of LE went over and bought it!

ETA: Here's the link to the WS post discussing the CL posting. Note: the CL link no longer works.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

I think TM hatched the plan but would not be at all surprised to learn that SM actually killed her <Mod Snip>

Agree, bolded above.

I think we all have either been in an unhealthy relationship or have witnessed and experienced one through family and friends. Someone is an addict, someone is controlling, someone plays the victim or co-dependednt. Etc...

For this couple SM & TM, I think it was and has been unhealthy for a long time. I would love to hear what SM parents, childhood friends, and associates have to say about SM.

I think this is an equally sickly twisted couple-both probably feeding off the others illness and positioning for control. This was likely a game or fantasy to them and in their struggle to out do the other HE was killed.

JMO

If this is a premeditated, "malice aforethought" murder, as LE said, then there has to be a motive. Heather would have had to be a real and current presence in their lives as of December 17, and IMO, some kind of a threat to them. If Heather and S had been over for months, why kill her? If Heather had been "stalking" them, as TM said, why not call police?

I can only come up with a few possible motives, at least ones we can discuss at this time:

Heather and S were NOT over and TM found out and demanded a Diane Zamora-like justice.
Heather knew some things about the M's that could get them into trouble (maybe S confided in her as to what funds their lifestyle, for example)
TM discovered that she could not forgive and forget after all, and decided Heather had to go.
The two of them decided to do a "thrill kill" as a "bonding" experience.

JMO, just some possible "reasons" this could have been planned in advance, all guesses on my part.

I wonder if the landfill was searched? I don't think a dumpster is out of the question as far as getting rid of her body.
rip sweet girl.

Agree, bolded above.

I think we all have either been in an unhealthy relationship or have witnessed and experienced one through family and friends. Someone is an addict, someone is controlling, someone plays the victim or co-dependednt. Etc...

For this couple SM & TM, I think it was and has been unhealthy for a long time. I would love to hear what SM parents, childhood friends, and associates have to say about SM.

I think this is an equally sickly twisted couple-both probably feeding off the others illness and positioning for control. This was likely a game or fantasy to them and in their struggle to out do the other HE was killed.

JMO

Reminds me of Folie a deux. They may not have been psychotic, but they may have pushed each other's buttons back and forth long enough to get each other equally off balance, causing severe anxiety, some mania, distorted thinking, etc. Add drugs/alcohol/deviant sex into that, and...

On my way to work this morning (in New England), I pulled up to a red light. The car in front of me was a black Jeep with a Coastal Carolina University sticker. Here's hoping it's a sign of good things to come in this case.

has it already been discussed, if HE was going to be ambushed by TM, why she even drove her car to PTL? If SM knew her RM was OOT, wouldn't it make sense he'd pick her up and take her to PTL to meet up with TM? I just don't think this was pre-planned. It doesn't seem to be in the Ms best interest to have an abandoned car sitting in a public spot for long. Having HE "disappear" after coming home from her date would have played in the Ms hands better. Can't wrap my head around this...

I agree with you, and only vaguely referencing an earlier post, if the rumors are true, I think they met to talk, sort it out, whatever, and I think TM had spyware on his phone(with GPS) - BOOM - up jumps something scary from the swamp in the middle of the night, aka, Tammy......I think if so perfectly planned PLANNED, her car would not have been left there, but we've heard 'activity' on HE cell until 6am, so we can't be CERTAIN what time everything happened, but it begs the question, which M would have the balls to drive that car out of PTL to a more public, 'less attention on them' spot, AS THE SUN IS COMING UP?

(A: Neither - can hear it now - "YOU do it. NO. YOU do it. UNT-UHHH! YOU do it...NOT ME....Hey wanna get some lunch? Yea, sure, my foots hurtin' anyway."

I wish I knew more details about the M's trip tp CA. I've seen where they returned either on the 16th or 17th.

Ditto. Still can't figure out exactly where to place this trip on the timeline. We need specific dates from a linkable WS-approved source and nothing has turned up so far, unless I'm just not looking in the right place.

I am just going to play devils advocate for a minute and say that SM doesnt strike me as being weak, beaten down or controlled by TM.

SM could have been very open about the relationship he was having with HE, taunting TM, elaborating details of the affair, playing all the reverse "head games" with TM. It takes two to tango and over the years I might guess that SM learned to find a way to keep TM "off his back".

With this scenario in mind, SM may have been very jealous knowing that HE was moving on and seeing another guy. If SM had been open with TM about his feelings for Heather he may have been raging openly to TM, complaining how HE ruined his life, was playing games with him, or HE deserved to pay. SM fueled the illness in TM and she goes along with SM plans to confront HE.

Men kill women they "love" all the time. I do not think SM loved HE, sadly.

I have thought of the same type of scenario. To me, I don't think SM is quite as whipped and beaten down as he may appear to be. I think it's easy to see how evil and crazy TM is because she has been so vocal, and she's let her crazy show. SM on the other hand hasn't been vocal about any of it, and I don't know that that necessarily makes him whipped by TM/afraid of her, or if it just makes him smarter than TM. I mean he wasn't so scared or controlled by her that it kept him from having an affair with HE.

Ditto. Still can't figure out exactly where to place this trip on the timeline. We need specific dates from a linkable WS-approved source and nothing has turned up so far, unless I'm just not looking in the right place.

So the M family was in California and returned in December around the 16th or 17th and then SM got in touch with HE the night/morning of the 17th/18th?
Is that correct?

OT ~ I was out yesterday, saw someone in a crowd that looked liked your avatar photo and thought to myself she looks like OkieGranny! lol

Oh my I just saw a Disney commercial!! Thanks to the M's they will never be the same for me uggggg!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members