New Search Warrants in Holly Bobo case 28 February 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, it's been a long time coming for someone to be held responsible. Someone has obviously talked and could be for a plea deal.

I wonder who will all be charged.

It's a bittersweet day :(
This is where my thoughts are as well. I could see this playing out in many different ways.
With the FBI presence I don't foresee any monkey business happening from here on out.

I am wondering if they finally got enough to issue a warrant on ZA's person (meaning DNA and fingerprints) and something was linked to the items found in the initial searches?

Possibly nursebeeme, I'm guessing that it may be through a familial DNA link from JA, due to the new TN familial DNA law that went into effect 01/01/2012... Imo, this TN law was passed virtually unanimously with Holly Bobo's abduction as the catalyst...

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/SB0260.pdf

AN ACT to amend Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 38,
relative to familial DNA searching.

WHEREAS, familial DNA searching is a process used to attempt to identify a close blood
relative of a person who commits a crime when the DNA profile of the person who committed
the crime is not identified in a routine search of the state’s DNA data base; and
<sniped - read more>

I wonder why they feel the need to hold one. It's not like they're going to pass along any information.

Usually, they like to inform the family of whatever they know and what charges are being laid first, and give them time to digest it before going to the media. It's a respectful way of doing things.

Possibly nursebeeme, I'm guessing that it may be through a familial DNA link from JA, due to the new TN familial DNA law that went into effect 01/01/2012...
That isn't a bad thought, I remember many of us discussed this in the past.

Good question, I wouldn't say that unless she was found alive. It would be a sad day if they found her remains. Only good outcome is they may have caught he culprit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I agree. If they found her remains , they shouldn't make that kind of comment or make any comment until the presser.

I wonder why they feel the need to hold one. It's not like they're going to pass along any information.

Why do you say that?

The DA is going to be there and every time I have seen the DA show up at a PC it is to announce charges have been filed against a suspect or suspects.

imo

Usually, they like to inform the family of whatever they know and what charges are being laid first, and give them time to digest it before going to the media. It's a respectful way of doing things.

I agree. They will inform the Bobo family of what is going to be said/released at the PC before it is held.

IMO

I really don't think if they found remains it could be identified this quick but what do I know? IMO

Because this is what LE/DAs lives for......to solve cases and get justice for victims.

I understand but it sounds insensitive if she's dead. I've never heard that feel good comment from any LE agency when the victim is found dead. Some even cry and become emotional.

Good question, I wouldn't say that unless she was found alive. It would be a sad day if they found her remains. Only good outcome is they may have caught he culprit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I really don't think what they said is wrong.

It is always a good day when a cold case is finally solved and the suspect(s) charged. Its been a long time coming and these agencies have put in massive amounts of time in this investigation.

I really don't think they have found Holly's body but I do believe they have solid evidence that she has been murdered and that is all they need to get a conviction.

IMO

Carley Gordon &#8207;@WSMVCarley 1m

Grand jury holding a special meeting today in Decatur Co. We have the latest live @ noon @wsmv #HollyBobo

Oh, I should have just kept reading. After so long, I'm not used to the developments coming so fast. And I was caught up just an hour or two ago. My first reaction was that they weren't going to disclose much. That's just TBI's way. Then I read on about charges related to Holly Bobo and my gut reaction was that they were probably just going to stress that the recent charges aren't related to Holly's disappearance. But then I saw that the District Attorney was going to be at the presser. That tells me there are charges related to the actual murder/disappearance of Holly that will be filed. Continuing to read, it seems that that is being confirmed by sources within LE. Great news if true. I'm just trying to temper my expectations a bit so I won't be let down so hard if it's not what we all hope for.

Why do you say that?

The DA is going to be there and every time I have seen the DA show up at a PC it is to announce charges have been filed against a suspect or suspects.

imo

Nope. I agree 100%. As I just posted, not used to things developing that quickly. Should have learned my lesson long ago to get caught up first before responding to a post.

I really don't think what they said is wrong.

It is always a good day when a cold case is finally solved and the suspect(s) charged. Its been a long time coming and these agencies have put in massive amounts of time in this investigation.

I really don't think they have found Holly's body but I do believe they have solid evidence that she has been murdered and that is all they need to get a conviction.

IMO

Completely agree with you. Any day that brings answers to a family in agony, stuck in limbo for three years, wondering what happened to their daughter or sister, is a GOOD day.

I understand but it sounds insensitive if she's dead. I've never heard that feel good comment from any LE agency when the victim is found dead. Some even cry and become emotional.

BBM

And they very well may do that today.

I don't begrudge them about feeling good that they have finally solved a case that has taken many years to solve. Of course they feel good about it. Bringing justice for victims is what they long to do day in and day out. Today the Bobo family will have justice.

All of their hard work has finally paid off.

Now justice will be served and they have to feel very good about that.

Carley Gordon &#8207;@WSMVCarley 1m

Grand jury holding a special meeting today in Decatur Co. We have the latest live @ noon @wsmv #HollyBobo

Damn. In just the 5 minutes I spent replying, even more developments. If related, I will say the legal system itself moves swiftly in Tennessee. LE maybe not so much, but that is awfully quick if related.

Will Nunley &#8207;@willnunley 2m
Grand Jury holding special meeting in Decatur County courtroom, WSMV reports . #Breaking #HollyBobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015