GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is outrageous that this case isn't all over the national news! The monster couple of JR and HR should feel the wrath from all over the world if possible! I'm so ANGRY about this and so SAD at the same time.

She deserves to rot in prison as well then. The fact that she stayed with him after he gave her baby a black eye, for throwing up? She needs serious jail time and her baby should be in someone else's care...she couldn't even do the number one job she is tasked with as a mother... do whatever she could to keep her child safe. I need to get some fresh air...:banghead:

bbm

Well, I'll ask the question that has been in the back of my mind since this throwing-up thing has been out there. Just why did this child throw up? Was it a stomach virus -- maybe; was it bad food -- maybe -- or was it simply a manifestation of the absolute dread and utter fear this 3-y-o had at seeing and being with the demon all by herself again?

Have you ever known of a child or an adult vomiting due to pure fear or dread about something? I certainly have. (My bf had to leave the classroom to be sick when we were taking our College Board/SATs. She was a very good student, but she had worried herself to death about the SAT. She got sick, left the class, then threw up in the loo, and went home -- she was not able to finish.)

Maybe it was Teghan's nervous system telling the world what she was too afraid to do. That's what I have thought all along. That esso-bee. He!! won't even have him, I'm betting. Grrrrrr.

Oh that poor sweet and all-alone abandoned little girl.

I didn't think he had a job??

i will look for the information. He apparently worked construction. That is the reason he said Grandma would help with Teghan.

I can't help but wonder what he did with her if he did leave. I can't imagine he would let her run loose in the shed where she might try and get someone's attention. If he bound her it might explain why she had accidents. And then he punished her for them. Sick, sick, sick.

bbm

Well, I'll ask the question that has been in the back of my mind since this throwing-up thing has been out there. Just why did this child throw up? Was it a stomach virus -- maybe; was it bad food -- maybe -- or was it simply a manifestation of the absolute dread and utter fear this 3-y-o had at seeing and being with the demon all by herself again?

Have you ever known of a child or an adult vomiting due to pure fear or dread about something? I certainly have. (My bf had to leave the classroom to be sick when we were taking our College Board/SATs. She was a very good student, but she had worried herself to death about the SAT. She got sick, left the class, then threw up in the loo, and went home -- she was not able to finish.)

Maybe it was Teghan's nervous system telling the world what she was too afraid to do. That's what I have thought all along. That esso-bee. He!! won't even have him, I'm betting. Grrrrrr.

Oh that poor sweet and all-alone abandoned little girl.

And probably the beer. :(

You know, I am sat here with my mouth hanging open. I am absolutely gobsmacked that this witch was granted bail in the first place. ONLY then for her to get herself pregnant again and bring another baby into this world when she is going to trial for CHILD ABUSE. This woman has a job, a new boyfriend!! WHAT THE ABSOLUTE ****???????????????? But it's OK because she has been to see 2 counsellors. It's almost as if her allowing her daughter to be abused and murdered was a little "blip". Never mind I'll just find a new boyfriend and have a new baby. I can't honestly believe it.

I am absolutely outraged with every single aspect of this case.

This woman is not as feeble as she makes out. She can't be, or else she would NOT be up there on the stand. Surely to god anyone in that position would take a plea deal??? She is also extremely stupid. Up there lying on the stand. Oh I didn't know about that picture? Really, because YOU ARE IN IT. "hello".

rant over. again.

I agree with someone who suggested suing. Wrongful death. No, I'm not thinking about benefitting financially. Were I the paternal grandparents, perhaps I'd sue the Creech people and use any possible proceeds to benefit children/abused children, in some way. That couple, the Creech people, were Teghan's last chance, and they let her down terribly. No one else could possibly have helped her because she was secreted away in their shed. Nobody else knew where she was. JMO

I didn't think he had a job??

During cross exam of HR, defense atty asked HR if JR told her he was working while she was gone, and she said yes. Def atty was basically attacking her about the "i am high as hell" text that JR sent her. Def atty basically said, so, you thought he was either working or watching Teghan, and he texted you that he was "high as hell" yet you didn't ask "where's Teghan?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://centralnc.twcnews.com/conten...f-4-year-old-murder-victim---i-made-a-mistake-
TWC - Raleigh, NC --- 3/14/14 - Updated 3:07 PM

Mother of 4-year-old murder victim: 'I made a mistake'

Richardson_UPDe95fbfcb-f33e-4dec-93e3-d1f30dbb23a8.jpg

~~~~~~~~~

Note:
(TWC subscription is required to view video within article.)

What's even worse is that him saying he was "high as hell" was seemingly acceptable to her. Seems she never so much as pricked up an ear. Yet she's gonna testify under oath that it was "unacceptable" that he had Teghan bringing him beer and smokes? How is any of this even remotely normal or acceptable?!!? I'm completely blown away.

To summarize snipped tweets (see below) from Heather Moore - reporter with TWC (Time Warner Cable) - Raleigh, NC:

Teghan Skiba's dad lives out of town; maybe out of state. At the time of Teghan Skiba's death, her father Jerry Skiba, was in Wake County Jail
on felony drug charges. His parents said he is having a hard time with all of this.

Assistant District Attorney said they may "wrap" mid next week. H. Moore knows nothing about the Defense's plans.

Trial is done for this week, Friday, 3/14/14, and will resume Monday, 3/17/14, at 9:30 a.m. EDT.

Stats as of 3/14/14: Stats: Finished 15th day, 3rd week, 29 witnesses, 800 pieces of evidence.

Snipped tweets:

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 10h
@WattaMess #TeghanSkiba's dad lives out of town ,I think out of state .He was in Wake jail at the time on fel drug charges
#JonathanRichardson

@WattaMess His parents say he havng hard time w/all of this .Remembr, even ppl who don't know #TeghanSkiba say they couldn't sit through this

@jenbunn ADA has said they may wrap mid-next week .Don't know anything about the defense's plans.#JonathanRichardson #TeghanSkiba #HelenReyes

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 8h
#JonathanRichardson trial done for the week. Stats: Finished 15th day, 3rd week, 29 witnesses, 800 pieces of evidence. Starts back Mon 9:30am

Source:

https://twitter.com/HeatherMooreNow
Twitter - Heather Moore (TWC reporter - Raleigh, NC)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately the punishment for not reporting the abuse under NCGS 7B-301 (b) is a Class 1 Misdemeanor which would only get JR's mawmaw maximum 45 days community service if she has a clean record :banghead:

I'd rather see her (the monster's grandmother) picking up trash on the side of the freeway for 45 days than getting away scott free.

Better yet, she could do her community service cleaning out the toilets in a shelter for battered women and children.

Whatever consequences she can be made to pay would be better than nothing. She's basically been told by the "system" that it was okay to ignore little Teghan.

I'm disgusted that they're not going after the monster's grandparents at all.

Rest in Peace, sweet Teghan. Justice is coming.

3/14/14: Per Heather Moore, Helen Reyes could get 3-4 years (if convicted) because she has no criminal record.

Jodi Arias' Needle ‏@JodiAriasNeedle 6h
@CdrRob9 @KDevich @Cathy_Steinberg @KLaurieks Do any of you know how long the sentence is for her child abuse charge if convicted?

1. Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 5h
    @JodiAriasNeedle @CdrRob9 @KDevich @Cathy_Steinberg @KLaurieks b/c no criminal record,#HelenReyes could get 3-4 yrs. #JonathanRichardson
  2. Source:
  3. https://twitter.com/HeatherMooreNow
  4. Twitter - Heather Moore (TWC reporter - Raleigh, NC)
Please disregard the numbers, I have no idea why they printed and why I can not delete them. (sigh)

At this point I don't even care what her reason was. There really is no excuse IMO. I'm more concerned with why she isn't being held accountable.

Sorry. I'm sounding snippy and I don't mean to.

Flutterby80 I think we all feel like you do.

This is one of those cases that it's almost too much to read. I get so angry.

Forgive me if this has been posted but here is a quote today from a news article. This is from Teghan's mother:

"He had told me that he had whipped her for throwing up on his chair," she said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9464870

Yet she left him alone with Teghan anyway.

It's too much

This is an interesting and informative article re NC law.

This article also mentions the Jonathan Richardson capital murder trial.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/14/4766769/investigators-open-probe-into.html#.UyPiH5WPK00
Charlotte Observer - Charlotte, NC -- 3/14/14

Investigators open probe into Kilah’s death

Snipped:

North Carolina is already in the midst of a high-profile capital murder trial involving allegations of child abuse.

In Smithfield, Jonathan Douglas Richardson faces a possible death penalty if he’s convicted of the 2010 torture and beating death of his girlfriend’s 4-year-old daughter.

Investigators say Richardson whipped, bit and sexually assaulted the child for 10 days while her mother was away on military training. Richardson’s attorney says his client is mentally ill and was abused by his own father.

Among the charges he faces: felony child abuse/inflicting serious bodily injury – the same as Houser.

So HR KNEW about JR slapping her baby in the face, KNEW about him whipping her with a power cord, saw the horrible bruise her baby got supposedly from 'a wave of water' and other abuses - but says she didn't believe her own sister when she told her JR shook her for crying... that's a lie - she chose to ignore it when her sister told her that.
Says she talked to her daily, which would have been impossible when her baby's brain was slowing dying and leaking out.....

She's a liar, and I hope all this info makes itself known in HER trial.

Poor Teghan.

(My comments are a little behind; I'm following this at work and can't comment during the week.)

Appreciate everyone who is taking the time to tweet and post. Thanks.

This one is affecting me, folks. I don't know if I can follow through to the end. I have a friend who was told to take her 6 year old son home on hospice around the same time this trial started. They gave him 2 to 4 weeks, so the end is near.

Such a stark contrast. My friend and her family and friends have been fighting to cure her little guy since he was diagnosed with cancer at 2. Fund raisers, bone marrow transplants, chemo, months of hospital stays. Anf Teghan's mother couldn't even be bothered to keep her perfectly healthy child alive.

My heart is broken for both of these little angels who endured so much in their short, painful lives. It's so unfair.

This one is affecting me, folks. I don't know if I can follow through to the end. I have a friend who was told to take her 6 year old son home on hospice around the same time this trial started. They gave him 2 to 4 weeks, so the end is near.

Such a stark contrast. My friend and her family and friends have been fighting to cure her little guy since he was diagnosed with cancer at 2. Fund raisers, bone marrow transplants, chemo, months of hospital stays. Anf Teghan's mother couldn't even be bothered to keep her perfectly healthy child alive.

My heart is broken for both of these little angels who endured so much in their short, painful lives. It's so unfair.

((((((Hugs)))))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true. I imagine losing a child is the worst thing on earth but to see a mom hand hers over to a monster is beyond my comprehension.

Justice is coming for Teghan, no doubt in my mind. When it does, come back and celebrate with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR197708