Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 4 hours flight time to the Maldives from Malaysia. The report claims the flight was seen at 6:15 am local time. So that would be about the right time wise, wouldn't it? jmo

David KaminskiMorrow ‏@FlightDKM 2h https://twitter.com/FlightDKM

Timing is issue with claimed Maldives sighting, because 06:15 local (01:15UTC) is 8h after #MH370 loss of contact.

Color me confused.

Even Wolf on CNN was throwing theories out there. Like when he said, could the plane have done a Sully-type landing on the water and then sunk, would any debris have floated up? And the "expert" did not sound like he found that at all plausible. Wolf was like, well these are just the theories...you know....out there....you know....on the internet.....and out there.....you know.

There was a question a viewer tweeted in last night. Could the plane have landed on the water and sunk in one piece.

Could the plane have landed prior to communicating with the satellite and refueled, then took off again with more fuel, which would have given it a greater range from the 8:11am ping?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

A perspective from the air-traffic control tower - 'Eyes in the tower saw this coming':

It has come as a shock to the general public to learn that commercial flights aren’t monitored constantly by the high-tech GPS tracking systems we’ve come to expect in our cars and smartphones. The bulk of flights over land are still monitored by World War II-era radar beacons, which can take several sweeps of a plane to get an accurate reading of its location. ...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/18/mh370-air-traffic-controller-radar

<snipped>

Now, if the airplane was within radar range of Diego Garcia, wouldn't they have detected that airplane or if it landed, the military would surrounded it?

If they did, would we necessarily know it?

Jim Sciutto &#8207;@jimsciutto 9m

Breaking: Search of #MH370 pilot & co-pilot computers, email & flight simulator reveal nothing suspicious -US officials to @evanperez

[CNN correspondent]

Evan Pérez Verified account
@evanperez

Covering Justice, Nat Sec for CNN

Washington DC · CNN.com

There was a question a viewer tweeted in last night. Could the plane have landed on the water and sunk in one piece.

Good question. Only a guess on my part but going on past crashes I would say no. Ocean is a far cry from the landing we saw on the Hudson. Currents etc.

It was her!!!!!!!!!

Has Courtney Love found the missing jet?

She's known more for her headline-making ability than those in the area of search and rescue, but singer Courtney Love has created a storm on Twitter by claiming that she may have found the missing Malaysian flight MH370. The singer posted a series of images on her Twitter timeline that she claimed could be of the missing aircraft, the search for which has entered its second week.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/world/live...jumbo-jet-1424627.html?utm_source=ref_article

I don't think China is hiding any plane activity. China has been beefing up all of its military and capabilities and does not want to leak that sort of info to the world. China also is not really best friends with Malaysia.

MOO, JMO, etc...

China is stealth with their worldwide operations; never to be underestimated. OTOH, they sent many ships to search. According to the HuffPost, the Chinese have ruled out their own Chinese citizens that were on the passenger manifest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/17/malaysia-airlines-missing-plane-china_n_4983085.html

The options are not without limits.

1) 370 went down in a blaze of fire as indicated by the pilot's hard u-turn bank as if attempting to fly to the nearest airport for an emergency landing perhaps crashing near the Maldives.
2) If terrorists have occupied 370, why can't intel provide details?
3) 370 is now in Pakistan.

On a much lighter note, LOL,

LOL Hubby came home for a late lunch. He just asked me "have you and your "friends" come up with a plausible theory and did you locate the plane yet" <polite snip>.[/quote]

A food strike would be easy participation if my loved one was lost in mid-flight for days, I would have no appetite.

A perspective from the air-traffic control tower - 'Eyes in the tower saw this coming':

Thank you. That made things make more sense.

(Also sort of scary that new equipment - if ever fully up and operable - just means putting planes closer together in air space. My humble and uneducated opinion on that is - don't do it, that is not the fix to locate planes or save lives, just to keep herding more people and more planes, there are enough already! :blushing:)

I wonder if anyone in the Maldives tried to report MH370 right after it disappeared. Why has come to light now? :waitasec:

Now, if the airplane was withing radar range of Diego Garcia, wouldn't they have detected that airplane or if it landed, the military would surrounded it?

Other witnesses reportedly also went outside to see what the noise was about. As yet it remains unclear whether the Maldives government has been in contact with the Malaysian investigators but a Maldives politician is reported to have confirmed the claims made by villagers.

The UK's Telegraph spoke to the air transport editor at Flight Global, David Kaminski Morrow, who said he feels timing is of the essence to establish if the Maldives sighting is true.

http://www.news24.com/Travel/Intern...-low-flying-jumbo-seen-over-Maldives-20140318

I wonder if anyone in the Maldives tried to report MH370 right after it disappeared. Why has come to light now? :waitasec:

Now, if the airplane was withing radar range of Diego Garcia, wouldn't they have detected that airplane or if it landed, the military would surrounded it?

Would it have been within radar range at Diego Garcia?

Courtney Love:

It seems that, alas, it was a false alarm.
Spin magazine says that her sighting has, in fact, already been discounted.
The singer has been explaining why she got involved.

"Yeah, I went to the satellite site and just uploaded tons and tons of pictures. I saw an article asked people to help search on Tomnod.com so I decided to give it a shot. I figured a plane would still be leaking some fuel so I searched for signs of an oil slick. I found one and there appeared to be an object nearby. I don't know if it is the plane or not, but I figured I'd do my part and bring some awareness to the site, for the sake of all the families involved. I hope they find the plane, I pray they're still alive, it's sad and my heart goes out to all those involved. It's the least I can do. I really doubt aliens took it. It's got to be somewhere. I'm a little obsessive."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10704769/Malaysian-Airlines-MH370-live.html

we should send her a forum invite.

Pilot on CNN said he is NOT comfortable with the "all right, good night" sign-off. Says Asians don't usually use that vernacular. Says he would like to hear that whole coversation (15-20 minutes before that), to hear the context of the conversation. Said Asians usually very precise and use proper sign-off terms.

Very interesting.

Some theorize the silence signifies that the plane was flying too high for personal electronic devices to be used. Others wonder whether people aboard the flight even tried to make calls or send messages.

According to military radar, the aircraft was flying extremely high shortly after its turn — as much as 45,000 feet, above the certified maximum altitude of 43,100 feet for the Boeing 777-200. It then descended as it crossed Peninsular Malaysia, flying as low as 23,000 feet before moving up to 29,500 feet and cruising there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/w...phone-calls-from-missing-passengers.html?_r=0

It was her!!!!!!!!!

Has Courtney Love found the missing jet?

She's known more for her headline-making ability than those in the area of search and rescue, but singer Courtney Love has created a storm on Twitter by claiming that she may have found the missing Malaysian flight MH370. The singer posted a series of images on her Twitter timeline that she claimed could be of the missing aircraft, the search for which has entered its second week.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/world/live...jumbo-jet-1424627.html?utm_source=ref_article

Gosh were was she early in :floorlaugh: That looks exactly like one of the photos we saw in the early days IMO.

Courtney Love:

It seems that, alas, it was a false alarm.
Spin magazine says that her sighting has, in fact, already been discounted.
The singer has been explaining why she got involved.

"Yeah, I went to the satellite site and just uploaded tons and tons of pictures. I saw an article asked people to help search on Tomnod.com so I decided to give it a shot. I figured a plane would still be leaking some fuel so I searched for signs of an oil slick. I found one and there appeared to be an object nearby. I don't know if it is the plane or not, but I figured I'd do my part and bring some awareness to the site, for the sake of all the families involved. I hope they find the plane, I pray they're still alive, it's sad and my heart goes out to all those involved. It's the least I can do. I really doubt aliens took it. It's got to be somewhere. I'm a little obsessive."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10704769/Malaysian-Airlines-MH370-live.html

we should send her a forum invite.

Well, you know, that makes me like her just a little bit more than many other celebrity types who would be way too busy getting their Mercedes (or legs) waxed to do a Tomnod search.

Well I never imagined we would be here this many days later with absolutely no clue as to what happened. It just seems like day after day with nothing. They must be making SOME progress behind-the-scenes, they are just not releasing that information. WHY?

IMO, b/c they know it was not an accident and they are confident it wasn't the pilots.

It was some other group, that's why they can't release any information.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member