Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another helpful fact for Websleuths (aside from no name calling or crude comments) is the Ignore List.
Take it from me... if you are feeling like :pullhair: from one persons posts... just add them to your ignore list!
You can find it in your User CP... and it will make your internet experience much more pleasant! :loveyou:

(Also remember the little red triangle and report offensive posts... mods can't read them all.)

I think the best thing we can all do at this point-------is to concentrate on finding this lost plane and all the passengers on board and focus less on Steelmans trip to interview with the news media and the assorted details and the fiasco that followed.

$10 Upgrade Could Have Tracked Missing Malaysian Jet

A simple computer upgrade that would have cost $10 per plane would have allowed Malaysia Airlines to track the jet...

A satellite industry official told the Washington Post that the upgrade, which the airline declined to purchase, would have enabled investigators to track the direction, speed, and altitude of the airliner.

The upgrade, for a system known as Swift, would have continued to transmit flight data by satellite even after the plane’s transponder and Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System signals went dead, the Post reports.

The satellite industry official, who was not named by the Post, compared Swift to a cellphone that sends data to a satellite. It is able to transmit information on engine performance, fuel consumption, speed, altitude, and direction even with ACARS switched off, he said.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/missing-plane-10-upgrade/2014/03/19/id/560638#ixzz2wT209c3N

If only :(

What I discovered is IE has rough time here -- but Google Chrome is much better

on IE i had to refresh every time I wanted to thank

Maybe you could click on the "Remember Me" box when you sign in to WS?

HTH...:seeya:

AP is reporting two pieces have been found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking News: NBCNY-Local news reporting debris may have been found. No link watching live.

Looking for link on the ap news wire... Give me a minute
No link it's scrolling in red breaking news on the ap website app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Australian Breaking News:

BREAKING: PM Tony Abbott says AMSA has received "credible information" that they have found objects linked to ‪#‎MH370‬. More information to come as the story develops.

You know what my heart is racing.......................

Australian Breaking News:

BREAKING: PM Tony Abbott says AMSA has received "credible information" that they have found objects linked to ‪#‎MH370‬. More information to come as the story develops.

And the horrible agony of 239 mainly Chinese and Malaysian families over the possible mass loss of human life we have witnessed over the last 10 days means nothing?

Clearly, most nations/people around the world value human life just as much as we do, if not more.

I think the poster was talking about terrorists not valuing human life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname