Deceased/Not Found Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *husband guilty* #5

Is there truly a call over on 11 April? I couldn’t find anything when I looked.

@Cliff Hardy
@DRT
It's not showing there anymore. It was on the weekend. Maybe they confirmed with the court all was okay and the callover was unneccesary. I really don't know how it works.

The court lists in NSW only go to 3 weeks in advance, so it will be a couple of weeks until we see 13th showing.

It's not showing there anymore. It was on the weekend. Maybe they confirmed with the court all was okay and the callover was unneccesary. I really don't know how it works.

The court lists in NSW only go to 3 weeks in advance, so it will be a couple of weeks until we see 13th showing.
Ok thank you!

This is crazy, crazy left field I know but what are the chances of Chris Dawson fessing up at his upcoming appeal hearing on the whereabouts of Lyn's body?

This is crazy, crazy left field I know but what are the chances of Chris Dawson fessing up at his upcoming appeal hearing on the whereabouts of Lyn's body?

We wish for this, but the chances are ever so slim. He's mean enough to take the secret to his grave. He doesn't care for anyone but himself.

The New South Wales justice system will now refer to 'nobody, no parole' laws as Lyn's Law, after Lyn Dawson's family fought for decades to honour the slain mother with meaningful reform.

Former rugby league star Chris Dawson will return to a Sydney court on Monday, with a purported phone call from his wife Lynette on the day of her disappearance to play a central role in his bid to be freed from prison.

Central to Dawson’s appeal - which will be heard over three days in the Court of Criminal Appeal starting Monday morning - is his claim that he suffered a “significant forensic disadvantage”, owing to the nearly 40 years between his wife’s disappearance and the matter going to trial.

Former rugby league star Chris Dawson will return to a Sydney court on Monday, with a purported phone call from his wife Lynette on the day of her disappearance to play a central role in his bid to be freed from prison.

Dawson, 75, has maintained his innocence and has launched an appeal against his conviction, claiming it cannot be proven that Lynette Simms was not alive after Friday, January 8, 1982.

Central to Dawson’s appeal - which will be heard over three days in the Court of Criminal Appeal starting Monday morning - is his claim that he suffered a “significant forensic disadvantage”, owing to the nearly 40 years between his wife’s disappearance and the matter going to trial.

If he had confessed to her murder 40 years ago he would have been out of jail ages ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back