Deceased/Not Found Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *husband guilty* #5

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by butwhatif? moved here for discussion...

I only heard about this case today, because Lynette is a relative to my nephews adopted mother. They are the most amazing family, and hopefully we can help them with some closure. It's trickier to sleuth people and criminal doocuments here in Oz, but I really want to give it our best shot.
I'll start with some links:

After years of waiting Lyn Dawson's family demands action
Quote:
The 34-year-old mother-of-two disappeared on January 9, 1982. Her body has never been found and her family have not heard from her since six days before her disappearance.
Among the claims the inquiries heard were that Mrs Dawsons husband, Chris, who was a teacher at Cromer High School, had attempted to arrange a hit man to kill her and had previously physically assaulted her.
Quote:
Although the DPP has publicly said a lack of evidence was the reason charges were not laid, privately the family had been told the lack of a body and a belief that Lynettes mother saw her after she went missing were factors, according to Mrs Jenkins.
But Lynettes mother, Helena Simms, who died in 2001, never saw or heard from Lynette after January 3, 1982, Mrs Jenkins said. ``We dont know where that came from. The last time my mother spoke to Lyn was on January 3, 1982, she said.
Quote:
Mr Dawsons solicitor, his brother Peter, maintained the Dawson family believed Lynette was not murdered but left of her own will.

Quote:
About 350 people have already signed the petition, which states: ``We, the undersigned, in the interest of justice for Lynette Dawson nee Simms, who disappeared Saturday 9/1/1982, request that the Department of Public Prosecutions re-examine their decision not to proceed with the prosecution against a known person who had committed an indictable offence as found by two State Coroners.
The petition can be found at: gopetition.com.au/online/35813.html

My note: there are now 450 signatures. We need more.

The charming devil and his missing wife
Quote:
"He was just so gorgeous, of course you believed him," Lynette Dawson's aunt, Lee Fletcher, said last week.
"But behind closed doors," said another of Ms Dawson's relatives, "he was a monster, a domineering control freak."

Thread #1

Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

If you are a member of Websleuths, you AGREED to follow the Terms of Service when you joined. Websleuths is intentionally strict about being fact-based and victim-friendly. UNLESS a member has been approved as a Verified Insider, they may NOT post inside information. Anyone can post ANYthing on most other places on the internet. Not here. We are dedicated to protecting the victims of cases here by substantiating everything that is posted here. The Verified Insider process is part of that, and we stand by it. If a member follows the process, AND is substantiated to actually have inside knowledge, they will be approved as a VI. It is not difficult, and our VI coordinator is very prompt.

Other members who quote/respond to/post questions for to someone who has not been approved as a VI are also in violation. They are repeating/perpetuating posts that aren’t in line with the TOS. Such posts will also be removed.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post according to the TOS we all agreed to when we joined.

W28 tells us LD was at the rugby club on that Friday night, when her mother believed she was speaking to her on the phone, at home, with CD. I wonder what LD was doing at the club without her husband, 5 years after he finished playing for them?

As was expressed by others in the previous thread (#4), I fail to see how Lyn's mother, Helena Simms, mistook someone else on the phone for her daughter.
Well that's a good one, mother said it was strange she felt something was wrong even her brother as a policeman said it was strange they both felt something was wrong
As was expressed by others in the previous thread (#4), I fail to see how Lyn's mother, Helena Simms, mistook someone else on the phone for her daughter.
Hi cliff Hardy
Let's look at the facts Lynette's mother and her own brother who was a policeman, said it was strange that Lynette was drunk, why because she didn't drink she wasn't a social drinker let's look what strange means it's meaning
adjective
  1. 1
    unusual or surprising; difficult to understand or explain.
  2. Now I probably could find multiple other words to explain strange
  3. But he's a good one that night I met her outside the Newtown Leagues Club, I'm not going to say why she was there, Lynette told me why she was there ,I told the police I'll tell her brother and Pat if they want to know.
  4. It was my birthday 8th of January 1982 I remember the way the driver treated her, driver Hitman
  5. Here's something, Hitman if he's going to kill someone he's not going to kill him or her in their own home, if the husband wants the woman get rid of The Hitman is not going to kill the person in her own home blood, body evidence everywhere ,the objective she's away from the home she's missing she's gone she's not coming back
  6. I do believe I know who the driver was ,I will not say it's not appropriate I will tell her brother and Pat if they want to know ,either other than that its no one's business.

W28 tells us LD was at the rugby club on that Friday night, when her mother believed she was speaking to her on the phone, at home, with CD. I wonder what LD was doing at the club without her husband, 5 years after he finished playing for them?
To work that one out ,you have to understand Chris Dawson and Paul Dawson have devious Minds

But he's a good one that night I met her outside the Newtown Leagues Club, I'm not going to say why she was there, Lynette told me why she was there ,I told the police I'll tell her brother and Pat if they want to know.
So, can you explain why, given that you had never met her before, she would tell you this? Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
So, can you explain why, given that you had never met her before, she would tell you this? Makes no sense to me.
Perhaps Lyn was waiting for a taxi??

ADMIN NOTE:

We do not tolerate rudeness or personalizing by any members. If you don't like a post, scroll on by without responding and use the Report feature to alert Mods if you have an issue.

Any member who is disrespectful in any discussion will face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Post accordingly. Thank you.

This could only happen if a person who was drunk ,was very close to the family ,and new families affairs like M, you have to remember Chris Dawson was very hesitant to put his wife on the phone at night ,Helena Sims insisted she speak to her daughter on the phone

Still processing all Shanelle had to say on 60 minutes.
I totally believe she has supressed memories about him digging and burying lyn and also the girls seeing her slumped in the car.
They wouldn't comprehend what they were seeing.

So horrific.

He is a monster.

Why would she be waiting for a taxi, if she had a driver?
W28 I believe that you met LD on the 8th of January at the Newtown Rugby League Club.
I believe that:
  • You remember the date because it was your birthday
  • It was in the evening
  • LD spoke to you, introduced herself and explained why she was there (and possibly who had driven her there because she didn't have a licence)
  • You witnessed someone treat her badly
  • At that time you did not know that she had disappeared
  • For several years you were followed, threatened and intimidated by CD, PD and possibly others
  • CD and PD had come to rugby training and asked for you by name.
  • You were a member/player of the Newtown Rugby Club. Presumably younger than the twins as you said you collected football cards of them when you were a child.
  • You were intercepted on your way home from training, but luckily hid from sight. Your name was called out, so it was targeted to you and not a random incident.
  • There were 5 suspicious fires and the gas lines were severed at your workplace.
  • You did not know why you were being targeted.
  • In 2014 you read a newspaper article about the disappearance of LD and started to connect the incidents that had occurred in your life.
  • You realised that you had seen and spoken to LD at the league Club on the night that she was supposedly with her husband at her home in Bayview.
  • You realised that the 8th January was the last time any of her family or friends saw or spoke to LD.
  • People with information were asked to come forward.
  • You informed police of what you knew and tried to contact LD's family. As yet her family have not corresponded with you.
  • You are a Verified Insider on Websleuths
W28 I believe that if LD could speak with you, she would thank you for coming forward, especially after all the intimidation you have suffered. She would be grateful that you speak of her respectfully and that you give her a voice.
From what people have said about LD as a nurturing, friendly person, I can fully understand her greeting a young person, introducing herself and having a conversation. She had been around rugby players for many years and so there is nothing suspicious about your interaction with her at all.

W28 you came forward to try to help.. you don't have to justify yourself.

Still processing all Shanelle had to say on 60 minutes.
I totally believe she has supressed memories about him digging and burying lyn and also the girls seeing her slumped in the car.
They wouldn't comprehend what they were seeing.

So horrific.

He is a monster.
It takes years for us to gain the capability of processing some things that occurred early in our lives and defence mechanisms can suppress things that particularly worry us. I have heard shrinks claim that we bury some things away until we feel we are capable of dealing with them and in some cases that can take decades.

Shannelle has, due to no fault of her own, been dealt a very poor hand in life and I have the upmost respect for her for being brave enough to work through some terrible early recollections and still manage to smell the roses of life.

W28 I believe that you met LD on the 8th of January at the Newtown Rugby League Club.
I believe that:
  • You remember the date because it was your birthday
  • It was in the evening
  • LD spoke to you, introduced herself and explained why she was there (and possibly who had driven her there because she didn't have a licence)
  • You witnessed someone treat her badly
  • At that time you did not know that she had disappeared
  • For several years you were followed, threatened and intimidated by CD, PD and possibly others
  • CD and PD had come to rugby training and asked for you by name.
  • You were a member/player of the Newtown Rugby Club. Presumably younger than the twins as you said you collected football cards of them when you were a child.
  • You were intercepted on your way home from training, but luckily hid from sight. Your name was called out, so it was targeted to you and not a random incident.
  • There were 5 suspicious fires and the gas lines were severed at your workplace.
  • You did not know why you were being targeted.
  • In 2014 you read a newspaper article about the disappearance of LD and started to connect the incidents that had occurred in your life.
  • You realised that you had seen and spoken to LD at the league Club on the night that she was supposedly with her husband at her home in Bayview.
  • You realised that the 8th January was the last time any of her family or friends saw or spoke to LD.
  • People with information were asked to come forward.
  • You informed police of what you knew and tried to contact LD's family. As yet her family have not corresponded with you.
  • You are a Verified Insider on Websleuths
W28 I believe that if LD could speak with you, she would thank you for coming forward, especially after all the intimidation you have suffered. She would be grateful that you speak of her respectfully and that you give her a voice.
From what people have said about LD as a nurturing, friendly person, I can fully understand her greeting a young person, introducing herself and having a conversation. She had been around rugby players for many years and so there is nothing suspicious about your interaction with her at all.

W28 you came forward to try to help.. you don't have to justify yourself.
Annalize...... thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back