Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planes were sent to an area off Perth yesterday or today. I think they've been onto it for a day or so now. They had calculated a pretty specific search area somehow.

I agree. Normally I wouldn't be too excited but since it wasn't just leaked, it was announced to parliament, I'm inclined to believe it.

Plus, we had the story yesterday of Malaysia asking for the satellite info, it being declined, then today Malaysia saying someone had given them something but they can't say who, then Aus says they have seen it and now found wreckage??? Sounds like a goer to me.

They "looked" at the debris - from a satellite image?

Oh boy.

Some guy with Australian accent on CNN saying it's not stated definitevely?

It's 11:32am in Perth right now, so plenty of light. Unless Google is lying to me. I don't want to get my hopes up, but something, anything solid would be very welcome right now.

Yes, that's the correct time. We have a clock set to Perth time so that I don't ring my Mum too early!

If this is debris from MH370, that's quite a ways from anywhere...
Would the plane have even had enough fuel to make it that far?

I would think the strong rough currents in that Ocean moved it. I would think if this is it they can pinpoint the point of entry after looking at currents etc. It has had days to be moved by current.

Statement from the Australian Prime Minister about debris sorry if this has already been posted.

Two possible objects related to the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane have been found in the southern Indian Ocean, the Australian prime minister, Tony Abbott, says.

“I would like to inform the house that new and credible information has come to light in relation to the search for Malaysia airlines flight MH370 in the southern Indian Ocean,” he told parliament on Thursday.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...otted-in-southern-indian-ocean-australia-says

It's been over a week so the parts could have drifted miles from where the plane would have gone down. jmo

I hope they are very sure about this.

They picked up these images on their satellites. Just cannot see Australia, especially the PM, making any statements unless it truly appears to be aircraft parts/debris. Hopefully it is THIS plane.

MOO

It's been over a week so the parts could have drifted miles from where the plane would have gone down. jmo

Quite true. However, IF this debris is part of THIS plane it will definitely solve part of the mystery.

Since it's in the water, the currents could have carried it further after all this time... maybe?

Aww man....what an awful emotional roller coaster for the families. First devastated to hear their loved ones were killed in a plane crash, then almost euphoria to think they may have been hijacked and could still be alive, and now total devastation again.

i'm inclined to believe that this may it, mainly because the PM is the one making the statements so far. it's entirely possible the imagery seen so far is pretty conclusive as far as resembling a malaysian airlines airplane, but nobody is going to confirm anything until it's ironclad.

this business is all so sad. lump in my throat. i hope this is the wreckage however, just because the families need some closure so they can move on. i always felt certain they would find the plane itself, but i'm not so sure they will ever conclusively determine WHAT happened and WHY. this could very well become the greatest conspiracy theory of the 21st century :(

It's actually scary how desperate these news outlets have gotten in order to be the first one to report something

They "looked" at the debris - from a satellite image?

Oh boy.

Yes, but remember the satellite that they are using are probably the top secret AUS/US one. They won't show the images to Malaysia (from what was said yesterday) so we have no idea what the image they have is like. It could be incredibly clear. Who knows?

Must be bittersweet for Family right now :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member