Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought of an invention and since you have that picture there and since I doubt I can ever get it patented I will share.

An anti-bird-strike device that can be mounted in front of the engine and it would deflect birds away towards the outside of the engine...Well you would mount my device using an arm like that to get it in front of the intake fins...a series of very thin but hard angled blades...angled and layered to allow all the air to get through but deflect any birds that hit the fins.

I'm going to take a wild guess that no airplane manufacturer will want to put metal blades in front of the engine intakes.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/20/w...rlines-plane-recovery/index.html?eref=edition
bbm

" Assuming that the plane crashed and that it's on the bottom of the ocean, search crews would face myriad obstacles in recovering parts of the plane and in piecing together what happened.

And the treacherous waters of the southern Indian Ocean would only add to the challenge, said John Blaxland, a senior fellow at the Australian National University and expert on Australia's radar systems.

"The problem is that that piece of flotsam and jetsam is not where it was when the photograph was taken four days ago. The currents have taken it a long way eastwards," he said.

"So the aircraft are looking, in poor visibility, and this is the area that we used to call the 'Roaring Forties'; this is in the 19th century the kind of waters that ships got wrecked in. So this is really treacherous stretches of water, not easy to work in, very hard to detect things in."

The cases of TWA Flight 800 and Air France Flight 447 hint at the difficulties that might lie ahead.

The first demonstrates how tedious reconstruction work is and how important that work is to explaining exactly what went wrong, while the second shows just how long an ocean recovery can take".

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/world/asia/missing-plane-q-and-a/

In this article, it states the satellite imagery is from Sunday. So, that means they have to figure out approximately where it has floated to now. Right? Now that they have an idea of the area and the sizes of twe pieces, could they not look at more recent satellite pictures to pin point the area? This is not my area of understanding, just a common sense question.

Very scary! I've thought this since hearing about the missing plane. Would this be able to happen again though? Their military; and other countries would be on higher alert (or I would hope)... They would not allow another aircraft to fly through the sky like this did; unless they were in on it...

Missing Malaysia Airlines jet -- what have terrorists learned? - If a terrorist group decided they wanted to command the world stage for their cause, what better than to repeat what we’ve just witnessed?

So while we may never know what happened to the Malaysian plane, we have given anyone who is watching a primer on how to exploit our weaknesses. This is not the last time an airliner will go missing

I'm going to take a wild guess that no airplane manufacturer will want to put metal blades in front of the engine intakes.

Well, as seen in that engine picture, there really already is metal blades similar to what could be used in a deflection device. But I do think the biggest issue with any sort of device like that is to make sure it does not impede airflow to the engine. Those existing blades in the picture are engineered in a very specific fashion to maximize air intake. So any sort of device could not disrupt the air that an engine needs and I do see that as the biggest obstacle.

breaking news...spring has arrived as of 12:57 et. finally!

Really where? I wanna go there :floorlaugh: Some snow and ice still in my backyard :banghead: Thanks everyone for all the updates :seeya:

Really where? I wanna go there :floorlaugh: Some snow and ice still in my backyard :banghead: Thanks everyone for all the updates :seeya:

I'll send you some Georgia weather, it's gorgeous today. But, you're stuck with the pollen, too, so have some Claritin ready! :seeya:

Waiting for daybreak over there, and hoping we get some concrete info.

I posted this previously but it's worth reposting for those who might be time-zone-challenged :D I have this site bookmarked for easy access when I want to know what time it is in other parts of the world.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Interesting, thanks, I didn't realise America had as many different time zones, that must get confusing travelling across states, presumably you can gain/lose an hour just going to the next town in some places!!

Just for info, here in the UK it is 18:23 (everywhere!) so we are 5 hours ahead of "websleuth time". That said, the clocks go forward an hour next week, not sure if that happens worldwide though.

Still several hours before morning in Oz, fingers crossed tomorrow they find something to clarify todays news. I'll be gutted AND cross if it turns out to be yet another wrong idea...

How far could the debris have floated from the time those images where taken? If they are from Sunday, that would be 4-5 days ago.

Woke up to 5-10 cm of snow here today :facepalm:
As soon as everything melted, more snow came!

Happy First Day of Spring?

Interesting, thanks, I didn't realise America had as many different time zones, that must get confusing travelling across states, presumably you can gain/lose an hour just going to the next town in some places!!

Just for info, here in the UK it is 18:23 (everywhere!) so we are 5 hours ahead of "websleuth time". That said, the clocks go forward an hour next week, not sure if that happens worldwide though.

Still several hours before morning in Oz, fingers crossed tomorrow they find something to clarify todays news. I'll be gutted AND cross if it turns out to be yet another wrong idea...

BBM.
Nope. Some places (most, actually) turned their clocks ahead on March 9-the day after MH370 disappeared.

So far, out of the gazillion pilots I have heard on CNN and FOX, and read in the media, I have not heard two pilots say the same thing. Every pilot says a different thing. Just strikes me as odd. JMO.

Is it about 4am there now, in the ocean area? Just guessing lol

My present thoughts are way ahead of this but what happened to that plane??? So for now I'm just going to settle for all the passengers having already passed as the plane gently glided into the Ocean :please:

My present thoughts are way ahead of this but what happened to that plane??? So for now I'm just going to settle for all the passengers having already passed as the plane gently glided into the Ocean :please:

Yes, I think so too. There is no other reason, IMO, it would be way down deep south near Australia. The question is - how did it get in that direction and who did that? Yes, I also think the passengers were already incapacitated - I think that was the purpose of the 45,000 climb. The other question is - did that climb incapacitate the hijacker(s), too?

Woke up to 5-10 cm of snow here today :facepalm:
As soon as everything melted, more snow came!

Happy First Day of Spring?

Same to you. We need to let Mother Nature know :seeya:

So far, out of the gazillion pilots I have heard on CNN and FOX, and read in the media, I have not heard two pilots say the same thing. Every pilot says a different thing. Just strikes me as odd. JMO.

So happy I don't have cable, lol.

If you mean pilots and theories, well, there are about a gazillion theories/reasons. None of them knows either, they were not flying this particular plane. So, it only makes sense they would guess to the best of their knowledge, and each will have different knowledge based on experience and training. The aviation boards that were linked a week or so ago are full of pilots with just as many theories. They too are trying to sort it out in their minds. Any number of things could have gone wrong, and any possible combination of those things or a single event.

So happy I don't have cable, lol.

If you mean pilot's and theories, well, there are about a gazillion theories/reasons. None of them knows either, they were not flying this particular plane. So, it only makes sense they would guess to the best of their knowledge, and each will have different knowledge based on experience and training. The aviation boards that were linked a week or so ago are full of pilots with just as many theories. They too are trying to sort it out in their minds. Any number of things could have gone wrong, and any possible combination of those things or a single event.

Yes, absolutely. You're right. There are just so many questions.

What if the original motivation really was to head back towards Malaysia and to hit that tall building everyone was talking about in the beginning? But there was a struggle in the cockpit, the plane went to 45,000, incapacitating everyone, including the hijackers?

But that would still not really explain how it then ended up going South.

JMO.

Yes, absolutely. You're right. There are just so many questions.

What if the original motivation really was to head back towards Malaysia and to hit that tall building everyone was talking about in the beginning? But there was a struggle in the cockpit, the plane went to 45,000, incapacitating everyone, including the hijackers?

But that would still not really explain how it then ended up going South.

JMO.

But why hit that bldg in the middle of the night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot