Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a horrible thing to say. That would be really upsetting to have to read for the family.

ETA- and it's not even a particularly clever head line.

It is not catchy nor kind to those viewing everything around the world, which means the family, I agree. It is not funny either.

Why would this news about the phone call be made known so many days into the investigation? One would think this would be known pretty early on...but who knows.
Someone must have stepped forward saying they received a call from the pilot and that's why they're checking this out. It's not like they could pull the phone from the plane...

unless they just thought to check phone records/satellite phone records if there is such a thing?

CNN isn't touching base on any other aspects of this case today.
Just the search and unproven images.
I'm switching to another channel for awhile.

media will create scandalous headlines. Its what they do. And we always hate it. This case is no different.

My mindset is that everything is just as suspicious as the next thing but until we know what happened we won't know whether this that or the other thing about this flight or the people on it were actually suspicious or not.

So my intention is to continue to post respectfully about all occupants of the plane til we have those answers.

I initially read this as you proposing the pilot had insomnia-induced psychosis. Remember the U.S. pilot who had a psychotic break? I don't think that's what happened here at all, but did we ever figure out the story on that U.S. pilot? How often do people that age just randomly have a psychotic break without earlier odd behavior being noticed? Just wondering.

And I have watched all the air crash investigation shows mentioned and they are fascinating. I think some people here should watch them if it's not too upsetting - they show how often minor things can cause a big catastrophe, and how everything is not some crazy conspiracy - unfortunately, tragic incidents happen. Given how safe air travel is today, it's usually a combination of coincidental circumstances that alone would have never been a problem - and it frequently has something to do with pilot or maintenance staff error in response to a relatively minor mechanical issue. Humans are fallible - we've all misjudged confusing or unexpected situations. Not saying this case was pilot error - just saying that things don't magically go as smoothly as some people seem to think. Things are so safe now because we've learned from lots of unexpected problems.

I think a lot of people see conspiracies in situation where they simply just don't understand the ins and outs of a situation. It is easy to see a conspiracy in a plane crash when all the experience and knowledge of flight you have is from sitting inside the cabin eating stale food.

By the time Martin Savage climbs out of that simulator he is going to have his Pilots License

Canada will sometimes use the dd/mm/yyyy format and it gets really confusing.
Especially on food items. I always have to think for a minute to figure out what format they've decided to use :floorlaugh:

But for the most part, we use mm/dd/yyyy.

:floorlaugh: BBM ~ It drives me crazy!

14 days later? :facepalm:
Granted, I'm not LE, but that should have been checked out sooner!

I'm sure with all the agencies involved, that info was gathered on Day 1. Unlike other cases here, where 14 days will only get you a subpoena.

I personally hope they were all gone. I can't think of anthing worse than flying around for 7 hours not knowing what was going on. Ghost plane, zombie plane who cares. jmo

Who cares? I'm sure the family do. They are both horrible things to print. That might be what you would like, but it is disrespectful to call it that, especially without any evidence that that is what happened.

America and Canada are among a tiny handful of countries that use mm/dd/yyyy, everywhere else puts the date first dd/mm/yyyy. I know it's a minor point and a bit off topic but as it can easily lead to confusion I am clarifying!

Scroll down to see full list: Date format by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we use the 3 date formats here in Canada...I guess we can't decide on just one LOL

But I believe we mainly use the dd,mm,yy format
when I moved to the US I had to remember to write the date format differently and write Check instead of Cheque

I haven't kept up, but am hearing a 24m bit of wreckage has been located, but it's unknown as yet if it is plane debris or yet another overboarded bit of flotsam from some cargo ship yet again?

If people would stop using the ocean as a giant trash can it would really have a lot of benefits to the world, in all sorts of ways.

ETA, I see. Old news. Sorry. It looks as though it could be anything to me...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/vi...es-flight-mh370-satellite-images-debris-video

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 11
I think a lot of people see conspiracies in situation where they simply just don't understand the ins and outs of a situation. It is easy to see a conspiracy in a plane crash when all the experience and knowledge of flight you have is from sitting inside the cabin eating stale food.

Agreed, but it baffles me how many people don't actually try to learn more. Especially people who have the interest and awareness to be a politician, reporter, Websleuths member, or cable news "expert." I love learning more about all sorts of topics, but few people do - they especially don't seem to have a grasp on history and what problems are actually new or unusual. We repeat the same mistakes over and over again as a result. Not to say that history doesn't show actual conspiracies that we need to look out for, but it shows a lot more tragic incidents as a result of simple human fallibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173