Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Goodnight, Malaysian 370" - sounds like Malaysia's ATC
"Alright, goodnight" - sounds like the co-pilot

eh, maybe not. They are totally discounting the "Alright, goodnight". Makes no sense.

It's not Malaysian Airlines, it's Malaysia Airlines! :banghead:

http://www.kspr.com/news/nationworld/URGENT-Malaysia-Airlines-Final-Communication/21051646_25246618

The last voice transmission from the cockpit of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 to air traffic control was "Good night Malaysian three seven zero," the Malaysian Transport Ministry said Monday.

Yes, this doesn't exactly make sense even if translated back and forth. Who originally said it was "Alright, goodnight"?

Its absolutely ridiculous that after 24 days they now say it was not "all right goodnight" but "goodnight Malaysia 370" Seriously??? That should be easy to figure out and verify like 23 days ago!!!

Yes, this doesn't exactly make sense even if translated back and forth. Who originally said it was "Alright, goodnight"?

“We would like to confirm that the last conversation in the transcript between the air traffic controller and the cockpit is at 0119 (Malaysian Time) and is “Good night Malaysian three seven zero,” the Malaysia’s Ministry of Transport said in a statement.

“The authorities are still doing forensic investigation to determine whether those last words from the cockpit were by the pilot or the co-pilot.”

Earlier this month, Malaysia Airlines chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya had said initial investigations indicated it was co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid that had spoken the last words heard from the cockpit.

The statement added that the full transcript will be made available during the briefing to the next-of-kin of passengers on board the flight.

http://www.todayonline.com/world/as...it-were-good-night-malaysian-three-seven-zero

bbm

So forgive my confusion 8:scared: so was the tank not full? Did it not carry enough to get to Beijing??
Wasnt being nasty! The one guy Neil Hansford, chairman of Strategic Aviation Solutions stated that it was filled up with way more than typical!

Australian aviation expert Neil Hansford discusses flight MH370 - YouTube

Mr Hansford pointed to the amount of fuel likely on board the Boeing 777-200, at nearly full capacity with 31,000 gallons instead of the 45 per cent loading required to pilot a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, as being a strong indicator that MH370′s disappearance was not accidental.

My take is he "likely" just used the notion that it did what it did which indicates a lot more was put on! The capital of China is kind of large (!) ( I mean likelihood of having no fuel for the return segment is low!00so the notion that it would fly tons more fuel on a 6 hours flight is expensive

This was a crew-related incident. It wasn’t a catastrophic explosion. It wasn’t hit by military ordnance.

“We would like to confirm that the last conversation in the transcript between the air traffic controller and the cockpit is at 0119 (Malaysian Time) and is “Good night Malaysian three seven zero,” the Malaysia’s Ministry of Transport said in a statement.

“The authorities are still doing forensic investigation to determine whether those last words from the cockpit were by the pilot or the co-pilot.”

Earlier this month, Malaysia Airlines chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya had said initial investigations indicated it was co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid that had spoken the last words heard from the cockpit.

The statement added that the full transcript will be made available during the briefing to the next-of-kin of passengers on board the flight.

http://www.todayonline.com/world/as...it-were-good-night-malaysian-three-seven-zero

bbm

If the analysis leads to it not being the voice of either of them, when will we find out, if ever?

Was this plane scheduled for a return (round) trip from Beijing?
Would a full tank have made the round trip?

Words like "Crash" or "no survivors" had never been mentioned by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak when announcing that flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean on March 24.

This was clarified by acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein during a routine media conference today, following demands of apology from the families of Chinese passengers, from the Malaysian government.

"Part of the reason for that request is an allegation that the prime minister or the government had stated that the plane had actually crashed and that there were no survivors.

"That is totally erroneous... There was no mention of a crash or no survivors," he said quoting Najib's statement on March 24.

A day after the Prime Minister’s speech, Malaysia Airlines Chairman Tan Sri Md Nor Md Yusof summarised the announcement saying there was no hope for survivors.

“Based on this evidence, the Prime Minister’s message was that we must accept the painful reality that the aircraft is now lost and that none of the passengers or crew on board survived,” he said

Read more at: http://english.astroawani.com/news/...h-or-no-survivors-by-pm-hishammuddin-32919?cp

Thank you Caris! Now I get it, very interesting!

During the media conference, several foreign press have asked Hishammuddin to clarify the graphic information of the air turn back made by MH370 released during the family briefing in Beijing.

"I cannot confirm. I'm not going to debate about it here. The family briefing was closed-door," answered Hishammuddin.

On every technical question on MH370, Hishammuddin reiterated that it could only be answered when the blackbox is found.

Read more at: http://english.astroawani.com/news/...h-or-no-survivors-by-pm-hishammuddin-32919?cp

Jelly fish fooling 7 countries, 14 sats, security experts,highly trained pilots, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sleep tight as Russia is acting up and N Korea is acting out !!

During the media conference, several foreign press have asked Hishammuddin to clarify the graphic information of the air turn back made by MH370 released during the family briefing in Beijing.

"I cannot confirm. I'm not going to debate about it here. The family briefing was closed-door," answered Hishammuddin.

On every technical question on MH370, Hishammuddin reiterated that it could only be answered when the blackbox is found.

Bbm. ???

I had to back away from these threads and CNN because it was driving me crazy! Someone on the previous thread stated that they felt they were in CNN jail! Not me, Coach! I don't watch it because of all of the so-called experts who have completely different theories. Also, any channel who has that Richard Quest (is that name right?) will not be watched by me! He is totally obnoxious!

I honestly think the families of the victims have been jerked around enough! My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with them. I also feel that the public has been jerked around as well.

As for the bulletin of heightened security measures of shoe bombers, well, was that the reason we were not shown the feet of the two guys traveling with stolen/forged passports? Was it something about their shoes? Was the woman waiting in Germany (was it Germany?) for her son really his mother? Have they proven that?

I don't believe a single word any of them say and sincerely question what I thought I knew.

Until there is concrete news, I am done. My nerves cannot take this constant merry-go-round.

GB these families and the victims.

Over and out.

MOO

M O N E Y ! Weight = no profit! Fuel heavy! They only put on what segment needs plus diversion or alternate airport.

In addition, Flight dispatcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia normally wish to minimise flight cost by appropriate choice of route, height, and speed, and by loading the minimum necessary fuel on board.

From an Accountant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia's viewpoint, the provision of reserve fuel costs money (the fuel needed to carry the hopefully unused reserve fuel). Techniques known variously as reclear or redispatch or decision point procedure have been developed, which can greatly reduce the amount of reserve fuel needed while still maintaining all required Aviation safety - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia standards. These techniques are based on having some specified intermediate airport to which the flight can divert if necessary;[1] ....
The use of such techniques can save several tons of fuel on long flights, or it can increase the payload carried by a similar amount.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_planning#Reserve_reduction

I so totally agree with you what mother is going to call ahead and turn her kid in for breaking the law with the passports

made no sense to me the first time I heard it just illogical.....lets put my kid in prison! god

unless of course...............................it certainly clearly them of any other naughty plans did it not?!?

humm

IT just remnded me of 9-11 "stuff"

September 11 plot depended on the ability of the hijackers to obtain
visas and pass an immigration and customs inspection in order to enter the United States. It also depended on their ability to remain here undetected while they worked out the operational details of the attack. If they had failed on either count—entering and
becoming embedded—the plot could not have been executed

The hijackers applied for visas at five U.S. consulates
or embassies overseas;

Most of the hijackers applied with new passports, possibly to hide travel to Afghanistan
recorded in their old ones.

New MAL does not mess with passports??? consistent with a system that focused on excluding intending immigrants and depended on checking a database of names to search for criminals and terrorists.
Overview of
hijacker to enter on an academic visa

The six-month tourist stays also assured the hijackers of sufficient time to make such preparations for their operation as

obtaining the identifications some of them used to board the planes

Hamza’s passport was new--issued on March 21, 1999, and it contained an indicator of extremism that has been associated with al Qaeda.4

http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/staff_statements/911_TerrTrav_Ch2.pdf

just do ordinary things: they buy blue blazers -- and airline tickets and knives.

fly to Las Vegas

withdraw $2,000 from a Bank of America ATM in Lantana, Florida.

Valencia Motel in Laurel, Maryland

establishes an American Airlines profile and an Advantage frequent flier program number.

Target store in Maryland

attends kickboxing and street-fighting classes at a gym in Hollywood, Florida –

purchases a silk shirt and khaki pants at Burdines department store in Pompano Beach, Florida.

I had to back away from these threads and CNN because it was driving me crazy! Someone on the previous thread stated that they felt they were in CNN jail! Not me, Coach! I don't watch it because of all of the so-called experts who have completely different theories. Also, any channel who has that Richard Quest (is that name right?) will not be watched by me! He is totally obnoxious!

I honestly think the families of the victims have been jerked around enough! My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with them. I also feel that the public has been jerked around as well.

As for the bulletin of heightened security measures of shoe bombers, well, was that the reason we were not shown the feet of the two guys traveling with stolen/forged passports? Was it something about their shoes? Was the woman waiting in Germany (was it Germany?) for her son really his mother? Have they proven that?

I don't believe a single word any of them say and sincerely question what I thought I knew.

Until there is concrete news, I am done. My nerves cannot take this constant merry-go-round.

Over and out.

MOO

I am starting to feel the same :(

Over and out.

MOO

Ok, regarding the transcript: this is the first official information released about the communication at 01:19 from the cockpit. Malaysian officials never said anything previously except to say it was part of the investigation and they would not discuss.

It was a British tabloid, IIRC, that published the "alright, goodnight." Supposedly, this was from a Mandarin (Chinese) translation of the English words, which were then translated back to English. It was always speculation, never official, information from the media.

I'm not a fan if the Malaysian gov, but they're not changing their story now. That's why I take almost everything published by unnamed sources with a hunk of salt during this saga. So many publications are speculating and stating things that are not confirmed fact.

And regarding the PM statement about "MH370 ended in the Indian Ocean..." I actually admired that statement. It was as objective as could be (if he was speaking sincerely, but that's another issue) without misstating the facts. IMO it was intended to provide adequate info so the families could infer the logical conclusion without explicitly misstating the facts, i.e., saying "it crashed, they're all dead." I thought it was as good a statement as was possible based on the situation. Otherwise, the families (and us) could all be sitting around assuming that since no one said otherwise, they must know they're alive somewhere. I don't know, which is more cruel? I think it's the latter.

But the secret Malay radar is hinky, IMO. Something just stinks about the way they refuse to say anything. That makes it feel like what they're holding back is super important and clandestine. JMO.

How much longer do you think that CNN will offer (almost) continuous coverage of the missing Malaysian plane? Even weekend political programming seems focused on MH 370. Is it mostly because there is no other major news story to cover, or does the missing plane have that much audience interest? I find it difficult to follow the coverage any more because it seems like all the commentators repeatedly regurgitate the same information and opinions ad infinitum. :moo:

How much longer do you think that CNN will offer (almost) continuous coverage of the missing Malaysian plane? Even weekend political programming seems focused on MH 370. Is it mostly because there is no other major news story to cover, or does the missing plane have that much audience interest? I find it difficult to follow the coverage any more because it seems like all the commentators repeatedly regurgitate the same information and opinions ad infinitum. :moo:

Until their ratings start dropping again. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member