Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
That part about Oscar being in the cupboard and Aimee had to be called over, honestly is Uncle Arnold really that bad at hide and seek.

I very much want to watch Oscar re enact the scene where he gets up without legs and staggers, unbalanced like with two fans in his hands...Nel is good at getting the witness to 'humour me' lets run(stump) though the events of the night together shall we?

Yeah, wonder if little whine *advertiser censored** wobbled to cupboard on his stumps or did he have to squeeze his legs in said cupboard....just what was the size of the cupboard? Anyone know?

Well he will have no aversion to being in a small cell then after spending much time in a small cupboard.

I agree.

I think it's almost impossible for people to people to understand how we live our lives only with the freedom and safety that our particular country/society allows us.

The only way to truly understand it is to experience it for yourself.

:smile:
Thanks Steve :) and yes, I will agree that there may be people in SA who feel completely safe where they stay but I don't know of any hence I give my opinion of what I know. My neighbourhood says a lot, most houses have 6 ft walls topped with razor wire, electric fencing and high tech security inside. Even if OP was not burgled or had his space invaded, doesn't mean he doesn't live with that fear...I think it's safe to say that MOST South Africans do live with a sense of heightened security and fear for their safely and loved ones, even when outside of the home driving in your car..there are rules we follow to make our journeys as uneventful as possible.

Please, don't knock my opinion unless you have actually lived here and not stayed at the One and Only at the V &A Waterfront for a week on holiday. :)

One thing that struck me during the trial today, was when OP made reference to buying a house in Joburg after mentioning how he had fell for Reeva.

I couldn't help but think of her mum sat there, and wondered what was going through her mind at the time.

Nobody will probably ever get to know, but I was wondering does she know about this and is thinking 'yep, that was true, they were going to do that',
or was she thinking 'eh, Reeva never mentioned any of this to me'.

bbm - I found that interesting, too.

I'm assuming that he did indeed look at a house in Joburg. I don't think he would have said that if he didn't, because Nel would ask for the name of the realtor or homeowner who showed it to him.

However, OP could have been looking at the house as an investment rather than as a residence.

IMO, if he wanted to be closer to RS at any point of their relationship, he would have asked her to move in with him. And, IMHO, she would have accepted that invitation.

Good afternoon. Just trying to catch up a bit, as I've been under the weather. So nothing earth shattering from the accused yet?

Sounds like the medical evidence was a bit of a wash.

I most certainly would not classify it as a wash. Nel made Botha look like an absolute clown.

Botha stated in direct that the door was one of the factors he used in figuring out the "wound ballistics" and then when Nel got to him in cross, and asked him to explain using the door, he didn't have a clue as to how the holes matched up. I urge you to watch it. Nel slaughtered him!

Roux is trying to introduce ridiculous theories about double taps, quick succession, bending over, arm being hit right next to the door and NONE of them could stand up to Nel's cross-examination.

He completely discredited this witness and that is very relevant to the case.

OP shortened his time on the balcony retrieving the fans today by claiming being on his stumps required him to move continuously.

Now back to the case...I saw someone ask earlier what that gadget is Uncle Arnold is wearing in court, looks like one of those thingies a doctor wears to listen to heart beats...anyone know what it is??

OP's doctor could prescribe some Diazepam or something to calm him down before he takes the stand. Sleeping pills at night and something for his anxiety should help. He can't carry on with the emotional outbursts every time he sees or hears something he doesn't like. He should start thinking what it must be like for Reeva's family and stop being obsessed with himself and with how it's affecting him.

He really truly doesn't belief he did anything wrong. That's just mental.
In fact that is seriously schizophrenic.

When you actually listen to his diatribe it is filled with delusional stories, imagined fears, distorted ideals, inappropriate actions, uncontrolled temper, inconsolable anxiety.

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/rbwh/docs/schizophrenia.pdf

No excuse...but a relative answer as to why he opened fire in a known target.

I am sure Roux is going to dircet this type of plea as he has by letting him ramble. He's letting us all witness the delusional Oscar as he really is.

Now back to the case...I saw someone ask earlier what that gadget is Uncle Arnold is wearing in court, looks like one of those thingies a doctor wears to listen to heart beats...anyone know what it is??

I thought it might be the Africaan language interpreting.

An 'idiot and a moron' .. is that the extent of it? He is far more than that, he is one highly dangerous individual.

Shooting through a closed door has nothing to do with what country 'one' lives in .. you need to brush up on SA law because it is not legal to do so, and if you have been following the trial you will know that OP had to pass a test to ensure that he knew that that was the case before being granted a firearms licence. I've already explained to you the reasons why it is not legal, I'm not explaining it again.
You don't have to explain it to me again, I already know. You clearly missed the point of my post and I'm not explaining that again (for the hundredth time).

bbm - I found that interesting, too.

I'm assuming that he did indeed look at a house in Joburg. I don't think he would have said that if he didn't, because Nel would ask for the name of the realtor or homeowner who showed it to him.

However, OP could have been looking at the house as an investment rather than as a residence.

IMO, if he wanted to be closer to RS at any point of their relationship, he would have asked her to move in with him. And, IMHO, she would have accepted that invitation.

OP was living the high life back then. His business opportunities were expanding, including modeling (GQ) and product endorsements, among other things. Joburg was the "big city" with the beautiful people and the exciting nightlife. So yes OP was looking to move there, but there is nothing to indicated that Reeva wanted to move there and live with him; if they wanted to live together they would have, in Pretoria and then...

Glad to know I was not the only one to complete LOL at that. His testimony today was one of the most self-serving, self-centered depositions I have heard in my years following true crime.

He is defending himself in a murder trial. Serving himself is kind of the point. It's a foundational part of a just justice system, not an annoyance we have to put up with on the way to a hanging.

Thanks Steve :) and yes, I will agree that there may be people in SA who feel completely safe where they stay but I don't know of any hence I give my opinion of what I know. My neighbourhood says a lot, most houses have 6 ft walls topped with razor wire, electric fencing and high tech security inside. Even if OP was not burgled or had his space invaded, doesn't mean he doesn't live with that fear...I think it's safe to say that MOST South Africans do live with a sense of heightened security and fear for their safely and loved ones, even when outside of the home driving in your car..there are rules we follow to make our journeys as uneventful as possible.

Please, don't knock my opinion unless you have actually lived here and not stayed at the One and Only at the V &A Waterfront for a week on holiday. :)

I don't think anyone's suggesting they know better than you, Carol. It's just that OP's actions don't seem to match his fear of intruders, ie unlocked/unbarred windows, ladders left lying under windows etc.

I haven't reached a conclusion and haven't presumed anything have just put a theory why a broken window can be a security risk. Clearly the defence felt the need to address it . I will wait until after the trial is over before I make my final conclusions.
But if it was my house I would have had it boarded up immediately .

IMO....DT had to address it......they read here and.....lol....really, I believe they do......look what happened after the first break from OP's testibaloney ( I didn't coin that, btw).........drinking before the boat wreck was discussed here as he gave his story.....break........

Return to court....

Roux to OP......"let's go back to the boating incident
.....had you been drinking........

yeah....

Does anyone else find that OP saying "he wakes in a terror and smells (iirc) a blood filled room" is just over the top? And he said that almost immediately after his so called apology, which makes it that much more strange.

Anything he says while Roux is questioning him has been scripted, but that one freaked me out!!! Maybe that one is true, a slip of the tongue? IDK. Too creepy to pass Roux's preparations of OP...

BIB, what!?!?!?? You mean to tell me people don't speak like that anymore? Where has the poetry gone, oh gods?!?!?! WHERE?!?!? :scared:

Does anyone else find that OP saying "he wakes in a terror and smells (iirc) a blood filled room" is just over the top? And he said that almost immediately after his so called apology, which makes it that much more strange.
~snipped~

BBM - I find it as odd as him saying:"My prosthetic legs were off... we were deeply in love". He seems to insert odd phrases in between normal ones so they're quite jarring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid