Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a normal reaction to be so paranoid or fearful or delusional or shoot people. Really.

No worries. Nel may well bring the matter up yet.

I would think it more of a security risk perhaps on an open estate, and I think that's what the local bobby would be referring to.
Burglars are very much opportunists, a house with a broken window may be chosen over another, not because they can get in through the window, but because it could suggest to them you don't take security too seriously, so your house would be easier to burgle than the neighbours.

As OP lives within gated security, the burglars have to bypass the fingerprint recognition system at the gates, gate security, the laser alarms, the razor wire, the dogs and then all that's left is the patrolling security guards at regular intervals.
They'd have to get through all that to even know there was a hole in the window.

BBM: ...and still Oscar says he thought someone had done all of that and then climbed up a ladder to his second floor.

Are people really suggesting now that he's schizophrenic?

It's not exactly far fetched to think that someone is schizophrenic/paranoid schizophrenic .. it's a fairly common disorder, especially with the amount of dope smoking around these days.

So if he wobbled on his stumps because he had poor balance, how come he didn't keel over when retrieving the gun from under the bed? And if he had to grip the bed for balance, how come he didn't feel Reeva wasn't there? Was he continuously moving from side to side while getting the gun??

BBM: ...or when bringing in TWO fans from the balcony.

OP's doctor could prescribe some Diazepam or something to calm him down before he takes the stand. Sleeping pills at night and something for his anxiety should help. He can't carry on with the emotional outbursts every time he sees or hears something he doesn't like. He should start thinking what it must be like for Reeva's family and stop being obsessed with himself and with how it's affecting him.

One of the side effects of sleeping pills is nightmares so I am not at all surprised to hear him say this. I cannot remember which pill he said he took for sleep. Does anyone remember?

I don't know SA law but surely it was permissible or it *would* have been nipped in the bud or otherwise censured. Perhaps though it isn't typical, in which case the defense does run the risk of alienating members of the court who also may have found it in poor taste. Or, maybe he really meant it and wanted to put his defence of himself in the context of his remorse.

George zimmerman put himself at risk during his bail hearing by taking the stand and apologizing to the Martin Family. The prosecutor laid in to him for 10 minutes after he apologized. The HUGE (added for emphasis :wink:) difference is that is all Zimmerman spoke of, his apology to them. OP could have spoken his words of apology and then stopped, waited for Roux's next question, but he did not. OP immediately told the court how badly "the accident" has affected him. All about OP.

A person. Personally, I think he's just a narcissistic, short-fused, over-indulged a@@wipe.

That's how he comes across to me. There's an 'entitlement' about him too. Nothing wrong with that I suppose but that's where your family and friends are supposed to come in and keep you grounded. His seem more like enablers.

I must agree that listening to OP today was just dreadful. A monotone repeating the diatribe he had been coached for. Can anyone remember the film 'Goonies'. He sounded like Chuck, the young fat boy.
I listened to a news reader this evening saying everyone in court was in tears. I think it had the opposite effect. I don't think he's mentally ill, but emotionally breaking. I don't believe this is because he is innocent, but out of unadulterated fear of the consequences for himself. It's a classic 'the higher they climb, the harder they fall'. Its a tragedy for everyone involved.
Yep. Perhaps he's crying as he sees his freedom potentially ebbing away and knows that for the first time in his life, no one else can take care of this for him. He's on his own on that stand and I can imagine he must feel utterly desolate, but if he's guilty of an intentional killing, he must pay the price and do the time. He took a life. He still has his.

It's not exactly far fetched to think that someone is schizophrenic/paranoid schizophrenic .. it's a fairly common disorder, especially with the amount of dope smoking around these day.

Add to that a concoction of energy charged drinks he would woof down and shots of intra intestinal testosterone to a crippled childhood, delusions of grandeur instilled by now dead mother (Oedipus) and shake it all about in a boat accident and you get scrambled neurotransmitters that go off!

But what does it add to guilt or innocence? Nothing that I can tell
Well now, it's the first crossex. It's a piece of the puzzle. Isn't this the expert Roux said was going to rebut Mangena? Nel kind of put a dent in that if so, so points for the PT on this witness.

Yep. Perhaps he's crying as he sees his freedom potentially ebbing away and knows that for the first time in his life, no one else can take care of this for him. He's on his own on that stand and I can imagine he must feel utterly desolate, but if he's guilty of an intentional killing, he must pay the price and do the time. He took a life. He still has his.

I hope his family is on suicide watch. :(

Does anyone else find that OP saying "he wakes in a terror and smells (iirc) a blood filled room" is just over the top? And he said that almost immediately after his so called apology, which makes it that much more strange.

Anything he says while Roux is questioning him has been scripted, but that one freaked me out!!! Maybe that one is true, a slip of the tongue? IDK. Too creepy to pass Roux's preparations of OP...

bbm - that's my belief, also.

To me, it has a ring-of-truth to it simply because it's not his usual cliches(sp?). However, I do think it was scripted and an excellent idea on somebody's part!

I wish that Nel could call op's girlfriend to testify... I for one would like to know how she handles his night terrors at the farm.

It's not exactly far fetched to think that someone is schizophrenic/paranoid schizophrenic .. it's a fairly common disorder, especially with the amount of dope smoking around these days.

Come on, this is getting silly now.

It's more than a bit of a stretch to suggest an Olympic athlete who is competing and training most of the year is schizophrenic.

They have more medical tests in a year than you or I see in a lifetime.

But what does it add to guilt or innocence? Nothing that I can tell

1. There is a strong likelihood that there was time between the shots and that she would have very likely screamed.

2. The defense is presenting false theories that are being discredited. Why present false theories if your story is true? The double tapping theory was disproved. If that story comes from Oscar, he lied.

Well now, it's the first crossex. It's a piece of the puzzle. Isn't this the expert Roux said was going to rebut Mangena? Nel kind of put a dent in that if so, so points for the PT on this witness.

Yes, which also discredits Roux's 'double tap' gun noises = which then means that the ear witnesses could indeed have heard correctly.

Add to that a concoction of energy charged drinks he would woof down and shots of intra intestinal testosterone to a crippled childhood, delusions of grandeur instilled by now dead mother (Oedipus) and shake it all about in a boat accident and you get scrambled neurotransmitters that go off!

Olympic athlete, more medical tests than you can shake a stick at. Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin