Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not exactly far fetched to think that someone is schizophrenic/paranoid schizophrenic .. it's a fairly common disorder, especially with the amount of dope smoking around these days.
You think 1% is "fairly common"? Another point: If OP is indeed schizophrenic, this helps his case wouldn't you say?

One of the side effects of sleeping pills is nightmares so I am not at all surprised to hear him say this. I cannot remember which pill he said he took for sleep. Does anyone remember?
Nightmares can be the side effects of some sleeping pills, but not all. I thought he said he was haunted by nightmares because of the shooting? Would be interesting to know which ones he was on. Years ago I had to take Temazepam for a couple of weeks and I don't recall any bad dreams, and then last year I took Ambien (Zolpidem) for a month when I finished six years of night shifts and couldn't reset my body clock. No nightmares then either. I don't think it's a common side effect though, because it would be pointless to take sleeping pills only to be woken by nightmares.

Come on, this is getting silly now.

It's more than a bit of a stretch to suggest an Olympic athlete who is competing and training most of the year is schizophrenic.

They have more medical tests in a year than you or I see in a lifetime.

Yes it will be interesting to see what is brought up though the process...however being a competing athletic star does not mean you can't have a mental illness...undiagnosed.

It does add perspective to a stoooopid crime against an innocent woman that he admits that he loved. What reason can he have, other than the one he truly believes happened. If it turns out he's living and suddenly turns round and says no I shot the b**** cause she p***** me off..then........

Schizophrenia is a clinical mental illness where the sufferer may be delusional during episodes especially without medication. The delusions can be extreme though, often hearing voices. In extreme cases they may believe that the voices are coming through the electrical system. To counteract this they might line rooms with aluminium foil. That's just one extreme example. The condition is disabling.

OP is just doctoring his evidence to reinforce his innocence and to avoid culpability. That's a deliberate rather than a delusional thing. It's clear that these proceedings have reduced him from arrogance to a blithering wreck of a man.

:
You think 1% is "fairly common"? Another point: If OP is indeed schizophrenic, this helps his case wouldn't you say?
Would there even be a case, surely he would have been deemed medically unfit to stand trial?

Olympic athlete, more medical tests than you can shake a stick at. Seriously?

They test for enhancing illegal drugs. Testis compostum is not illegal yet it is a testosterone supplement injected directly to the intestine. The intestine absorbs nutrients required to manufacture neurotransmitter through the HPA.

Mental health is not a 'measured condition' it is concluded by a lot of tests like you say but only if it is suspected. Even his wild behaviour was awkward, not hipster like or cool....sort of strange..like the friend who tries too hard...and you end up avoiding cause they are weird. He changed all his friends once he started to become a thing.

A disturbed absorption be it biochemical or genetic causes neuronal deficiencies that are evident in mental health persons.

Yep. Perhaps he's crying as he sees his freedom potentially ebbing away and knows that for the first time in his life, no one else can take care of this for him. He's on his own on that stand and I can imagine he must feel utterly desolate, but if he's guilty of an intentional killing, he must pay the price and do the time. He took a life. He still has his.

bbm - I totally agree!

Also, I've been thinking that his weight loss and any problems sleeping are due to his fear of what's going to happen to him... nobody to cover for him this time (to take the blame).

ETA: and nobody to face Nel's questions for him...

Yes it will be interesting to see what is brought up though the process...however being a competing athletic star does not mean you can't have a mental illness...undiagnosed.

It does add perspective to a stoooopid crime against an innocent woman that he admits that he loved. What reason can he have, other than the one he truly believes happened. If it turns out he's living and suddenly turns round and says no I shot the b**** cause she p***** me off..then........

It means you won't have undiagnosed schizophrenia, that's for sure.

He must be amazing this guy. super-sniper shooting by sound, schizophrenic Olympic athlete.

They wouldn't even chance this in the Daily Star.

My word...unbelievable.

Lol, I'm sure the puff came first. You probably don't want to read the article at the link, by the way...it's a little off-putting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...fs-year-sheds-weight-cutting-cereal-diet.html

To add to this topic before the mods delete it for being slightly OT:
Golden Crisp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Golden Crisp, originally marketed as Sugar Crisp, is a breakfast cereal made by Post Cereals which consists of sweetened puffed wheat. It was introduced in 1949 as Sugar Crisp.
In a 2008 comparison of the nutritional value of 27 cereals, U.S. magazine Consumer Reports found that Golden Crisp and Kellogg's Honey Smacks were the two brands with the highest sugar content—more than 50 percent (by weight)—commenting that one serving of this or other high-sugar cereals contained at least as much sugar "as there is in a glazed doughnut from Dunkin' Donuts". The two cereals are both sweetened puffed wheat.

Honey Smacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Honey Smacks is a sweetened puffed wheat breakfast cereal made by Kellogg's.
Introduced in 1953, the cereal has undergone several name changes. It started out as Sugar Smacks.

Yes, which also discredits Roux's 'double tap' gun noises = which then means that the ear witnesses could indeed have heard correctly.
Didn't Roux stand up and disavow the double tap business today?

He must be amazing this guy. super-sniper shooting by sound, schizophrenic Olympic athlete.

My word...unbelievable.

<modsnip>

Everyone is trying to understand why he did this. And I say the answer is in Oscars tiny, unexplored mind.

Sane people, with sound minds don't go round and shoot people they don't agree with. Generally.

bbm - I totally agree!

Also, I've been thinking that his weight loss and any problems sleeping are due to his fear of what's going to happen to him... nobody to cover for him this time (to take the blame).

ETA: and nobody to face Nel's questions for him...

Perhaps also because he is no longer injecting himself with testis composium testosterone <modsnip>! :floorlaugh:

Grief, I have stated many many times over the past 14 months that I have huge sympathy for Reeva, that she didn't deserve what happened and that OP deserves everything he gets However, I will go with the judicial belief of "innocent until proven guilty" and I'm actually ok with that too even though I've been attacked, had my opinion shredded and discredited numerous times by people who claim I'm talking nonsense about how people live in SA after having never set foot on SA soil themselves etc etc, I can go on..and I'm not talking about tourism, you are most welcome to visit, will probably love it, have an amazing holiday and will leave with your life intact (maybe haha :p ).

I do believe he killed her, he has admitted to that, I do think it's plausible and possible that he may just be telling the truth of what happened that night, that's all. He is still an idiot and moron for what he did and deserves punishment.

And quite frankly, I have more sympathy for the families that are suffering because of the actions of this one man, her family as well as his.

I agree......in a way......when ever I think....maybe this guy is just stupid.....lock him up for life...just because......the life you save may be your own. bam

My word...unbelievable.
Agg I agree, this line of speculation is clutching at straws. (No offence)

Anyhow, I'm off and I really hope we get some answers tomorrow from OP, don't think he has much to add to his life story that we all don't already know beside the color of his skants.

Sleep tight all. :)

And the biggest push towards indicating an unstable mental health state for Oscar was Roux making sure he gave the list of the drugs he was currently on. Painting a picture of instability for the judge...making her listen to the crap he was going on about that had no bearing on the events of that night... At all.

hahahahha... OT !

but I just remembered Zwi.....you were in my dream last night as a local celebrity ......a writer....giving a local book signing....and I told you....Hey !!!...I'm really......!

Hi Lisa. Just wondered if today's blog was up by any chance? No pressure. Must take you AGES!

Thank you x

1. There is a strong likelihood that there was time between the shots and that she would have very likely screamed.

2. The defense is presenting false theories that are being discredited. Why present false theories if your story is true? The double tapping theory was disproved. If that story comes from Oscar, he lied.

I think the defense pathologist said it was likely she would not have screamed even if he agreed on the order of the shots. That is raising reasonable doubt IMO.

Agg I agree, this line of speculation is clutching at straws. (No offence)

Anyhow, I'm off and I really hope we get some answers tomorrow from OP, don't think he has much to add to his life story that we all don't already know beside the color of his skants.

Sleep tight all. :)

No probs,

Sleep well,

You'll enjoy getting back to some kind of reality :wink:

Agreed, it got a little obscure there, and there was something about the kind of language used....can't put my finger on it.

Perhaps OP wasn't sure if he should admit to using his herbal medicines at that point? After all, isn't marijuana a herbal medicine too? As for the language used, I previously noted that it sounded like OP either misspoke or admitted to something subconsciously by inserting "not" into his reply.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/drugsinsport/9882617/Oscar-Pistorius-reports-of-testosterone-and-syringes-found-at-house-may-give-impetus-for-sports-drug-hearing.html
Pistorius's defence lawyer dismissed the claim, saying the "testosterone" found was in fact a permitted herbal medicine, named as 'testo compositum coenzyme.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname