TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont quote me, but I have heard wild boars are mean and you don't want to cross their path. LOL my brother had one chase him while deer hunting. MOO

Where I lived in Cali they had those small wild tusk ones and they really go after ya. Not something I ever want to see up close and personal!:scared:

Read this very bizarre and sad story about this couple high on meth who kept calling 911 saying they were lost. They died out there in a field. NOT saying this is what happened to B but it's something to consider.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Primetime/story?id=549455

We followed another case on here, the name escapes me at the moment, where a young man was high on meth and was driving down the freeway. He had a passenger in his truck. The passenger got scared and when the truck stopped he jumped out, ran across the highway and hitched a ride back to town.

The driver was reported missing the next day when he failed to arrive at his location. I don't remember the details exactly, but the driver (who was high on meth) ran across a field and crawled into a cement drainage ditch. He was found a couple of weeks later. It was very sad and it was all about the drugs. :(

Salem

Here's how to get a 911 call from the City of Houston:

911 Tapes and Dispatch Transcripts:

Dispatch transcripts are maintained for one year, 911 audio tapes are maintained for six (6) months. Requests for 911 tapes and dispatch information are handled by the Houston Emergency Center, and can be submitted via:

• Email - hecrecords@houstontx.gov
  • Phone:
    call_skype_logo.png
    713-884-3664
  • Fax - 713-884-3943
  • US mail - Houston Emergency Center, PO Box 1562, Houston, TX 77251-1562
http://www.houstontx.gov/police/public_information.htm

It's public information, even in Texas.

The family has done nothing wrong here.

Salem

That is online I saw that. I won't argue that point, the point I will argue is, why was it stated by the PI it was not to be released? There is too much controvery on that 911 call to even really discuss it and anyone get any more answers than we did 2 weeks into the investigation. MOO

That is online I saw that. I won't argue that point, the point I will argue is, why was it stated by the PI it was not to be released? There is too much controvery on that 911 call to even really discuss it and anyone get any more answers than we did 2 weeks into the investigation. MOO

I don't know why the PI would say that. Maybe the PI thought it would interfere with his/her investigation? I don't know. But, my point is that the family did not do anything wrong in obtaining the call, nor did they do anything wrong in putting it on the facebook.

They are missing a loved one and they have to do what they have to do to find him. It is their call, kwim? (no pun intended)

Salem

I don't know why the PI would say that. Maybe the PI thought it would interfere with his/her investigation? I don't know. But, my point is that the family did not do anything wrong in obtaining the call, nor did they do anything wrong in putting it on the facebook.

They are missing a loved one and they have to do what they have to do to find him. It is their call, kwim? (no pun intended)

Salem

Yes I know what you mean, what can be released and who it can be released to varies by state, so that right there can cause alot of confusion. Some states don't allow it at all and some allow snippets to verify voice. Confusing at best.

Here's how to get a 911 call from the City of Houston:

911 Tapes and Dispatch Transcripts:

Dispatch transcripts are maintained for one year, 911 audio tapes are maintained for six (6) months. Requests for 911 tapes and dispatch information are handled by the Houston Emergency Center, and can be submitted via:

• Email - hecrecords@houstontx.gov
  • Phone:
    call_skype_logo.png
    713-884-3664
  • Fax - 713-884-3943
  • US mail - Houston Emergency Center, PO Box 1562, Houston, TX 77251-1562
http://www.houstontx.gov/police/public_information.htm

It's public information, even in Texas.

The family has done nothing wrong here.

Salem

If I may respectfully comment here, since it's being handled by the Rangers/Texas Department of Public Safety, no matter what the general laws of the state, or other Texas cities are, it is the specific policy of TDPS that they do not release 911 calls, unless, subpoenaed for some reason. Investigation open, closed, whatever. Someone might gets bits of a call for ID purposes, but their department policy is that they don't give out copies of calls.

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. ;) *

I'm clueless when it comes to LE & 911 tapes & the release of them, but even for voice ID & such wouldn't the recording have been given to the MP's next of kin, which in this case would've been his parents right, since legally he was not married?? And IIRC it wasn't his parents who posted it on Facebook. Just my opinion.

[modsnip]

Just a few thoughts here but maybe they gave her the tape and asked her to release it so they could watch the responses to it? If they released it perhaps many would fear discussing it knowing they released and are watching? All information that we have access would be hearsay no matter who talks of the case unless of course an official press conference and I don't believe that has ever been done in this case.

I'm clueless when it comes to LE & 911 tapes & the release of them, but even for voice ID & such wouldn't the recording have been given to the MP's next of kin, which in this case would've been his parents right, since legally he was not married?? And IIRC it wasn't his parents who posted it on Facebook. Just my opinion.

Maybe LE did give it to his parents and they gave to LL?

Posting the timeline for our newcomers.

Brandon Lawson Timeline
Aug 8 11:53pm Brandon left his house (PI timeline 11:54/Blogtalk 11:53)
Aug 9 12:10am Kyle went to Brandon/LL’s house to check on Ladessa (PI timeline-time given is approximate)
Aug 9 12:30am Kyle called Ladessa and said Brandon was out of gas and said he needed gas cans (PI timeline-time given is approximate)
Aug 9 12:34am Ladessa had missed call from Brandon/phone charging in van and she did not know (PI timeline-time given is approximate)
Aug 9 12:36am Ladessa had missed call from Brandon/phone charging in van and she did not know (PI timeline-time given is approximate)
Aug 9 12:38am Brandon called Kyle saying he ran out of gas (Blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 12:48am Ladessa had missed call from Brandon/phone charging in van and she did not know (PI timeline-time given is approximate)
Aug 9 12:53am Brandon 911 call (PI timeline 12:53am/blogtalk transcripts 12:54am)
Aug 9 1:10am Kyle/Gf and Deputy Neal arrive at the truck (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 1:19am last communication from Brandon to Kyle’s gf saying he was bleeding (blogtalk transcripts 1:19/PI Timeline says called on the way to truck at 1:18)
Aug 9 4:30am Kyle calls Ladessa to tell her he can’t find Brandon/she realizes she has missed calls (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 5:00am Ladessa called police station to see if there was an update (PI Timeline)
Aug 9 7:00am Kyle puts gas in the truck and leaves the gas can in the back (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 8:30am Sheriff’s dept has truck towed (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9, 10, 11 Ladessa and family search for Brandon (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 13 Ladessa learns about Brandon’s 911 call (blogtalk transcripts)

I believe the 1:18 am may be incorrect? I understood that was the text sent from A to BL saying that police are at his truck? That would also fit with the thought that she was warning him to not come out of hiding and I believe that was after they left the scene from the trooper? When I read that paragraph from the timeline it gives in order of what transpired. I am taking their words and adding an approximate time. Let me know if you think this is close to what should be on the timeline from the PI paragraph (in order) of the "1:18" mark, I "made up" the times to coordinate with her explanation so my times are approximate: https://www.facebook.com/helpfindbrandonlawson/posts/148087428733673+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

12:45 KL and A called BL and said on their way and he said "hurry." They said it sounded like he was running in the brush.

12:51 While on their way A calls him back and he says that he was bleeding.

1:10 They then found the truck and the trooper arrived at same time.

1:11 It was at that time KL got through to BL again and asked where he was and he said 10 min up the road.

1:18 It then said he wasn't answering his phone (due to bad connection?) so they decided to start texting him. At that point I understand they both went up the road, parked and waited, and texted "the police are at your truck."

From MSM the trooper did a walk around, spoke with KL and asked if he was the one who called in the truck parked haphazardly, put flashers on and locked truck and left shortly thereafter would fit with the "all left the scene around 1:18.

Which if this is correct, the best guess of the last 'voice' or response from BL would have been at around 1:11 am.

Per RW the below gives a timeline which pretty much matches the guessed timeline I wrote above. She states 1:19 was a text. https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise/posts/507955162619261%E2%80%8E

I believe the 1:18 am may be incorrect? I understood that was the text sent from A to BL saying that police are at his truck? That would also fit with the thought that she was warning him to not come out of hiding and I believe that was after they left the scene from the trooper? When I read that paragraph from the timeline it gives in order of what transpired. I am taking their words and adding an approximate time. Let me know if you think this is close to what should be on the timeline from the PI paragraph (in order) of the "1:18" mark, I "made up" the times to coordinate with her explanation so my times are approximate: https://www.facebook.com/helpfindbrandonlawson/posts/148087428733673+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

12:45 KL and A called BL and said on their way and he said "hurry." They said it sounded like he was running in the brush.

12:51 While on their way A calls him back and he says that he was bleeding.

1:10 They then found the truck and the trooper arrived at same time.

1:11 It was at that time KL got through to BL again and asked where he was and he said 10 min up the road.

1:18 It then said he wasn't answering his phone (due to bad connection?) so they decided to start texting him. At that point I understand they both went up the road, parked and waited, and texted "the police are at your truck."

From MSM the trooper did a walk around, spoke with KL and asked if he was the one who called in the truck parked haphazardly, put flashers on and locked truck and left shortly thereafter would fit with the "all left the scene around 1:18.

Which if this is correct, the best guess of the last 'voice' or response from BL would have been at around 1:11 am.

Per RW the below gives a timeline which pretty much matches the guessed timeline I wrote above. She states 1:19 was a text. https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise/posts/507955162619261%E2%80%8E

I just made the timeline based on what LL said in the blogtalk interview and the timeline given by the PI on the official fb page. I don't feel comfortable guessing on the timeline. It seems some times from the PI are approximate times and some does not seem to match up right but this is all we have to go on.

If I may respectfully comment here, since it's being handled by the Rangers/Texas Department of Public Safety, no matter what the general laws of the state, or other Texas cities are, it is the specific policy of TDPS that they do not release 911 calls, unless, subpoenaed for some reason. Investigation open, closed, whatever. Someone might gets bits of a call for ID purposes, but their department policy is that they don't give out copies of calls.

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. ;) *

You need a link for this, or you need to be verified as an expert because information available to the public about the laws of Texas does not support your statement.

If you would like to be verified as an expert, you will find the process for doing so right here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks,

Salem

We followed another case on here, the name escapes me at the moment, where a young man was high on meth and was driving down the freeway. He had a passenger in his truck. The passenger got scared and when the truck stopped he jumped out, ran across the highway and hitched a ride back to town.

The driver was reported missing the next day when he failed to arrive at his location. I don't remember the details exactly, but the driver (who was high on meth) ran across a field and crawled into a cement drainage ditch. He was found a couple of weeks later. It was very sad and it was all about the drugs. :(

Salem

I think his name was Jody King. So sad. :(

I've still been following Brandon's case and can't believe we still don't have any answers. Where are you Brandon? Praying you come home or are found SOON! :please:

I just made the timeline based on what LL said in the blogtalk interview and the timeline given by the PI on the official fb page. I don't feel comfortable guessing on the timeline. It seems some times from the PI are approximate times and some does not seem to match up right but this is all we have to go on.

Raises hand , I have a question!

On the HFBL page, we can only add to the timeline if the admins of that page give timeline information right? I get confused easily so sorry if this has been answered. TIA

Raises hand , I have a question!

On the HFBL page, we can only add to the timeline if the admins of that page give timeline information right? I get confused easily so sorry if this has been answered. TIA

There is very little we can use. We have

MSM (and there's very little)
Coke County Observer is OK
Blogtalk interview with LL

And I'm not even sure the PI's timeline on the official page is acceptable here. I added it because we have so little we can use but my timeline says specifically where each time came from.

We can talk about the official HFBL facebook page but it's considered rumor from what I understand. This is where things get confusing for me. We cannot talk about other fb pages or the lostnmissing blog but the lostnmissing person is Admin on the official fb page from what I understand. SMH

There is very little we can use. We have

MSM (and there's very little)
Coke County Observer is OK
Blogtalk interview with LL

And I'm not even sure the PI's timeline on the official page is acceptable here. I added it because we have so little we can use but my timeline says specifically where each time came from.

We can talk about the official HFBL facebook page but it's considered rumor from what I understand. This is where things get confusing for me. We cannot talk about other fb pages or the lostnmissing blog but the lostnmissing person is Admin on the official fb page from what I understand. SMH

I think that confuses me more. Supposedly there has been a new PI, but no one has seen anything from them. I would think publicly posting a very corrected timeline would greatly help this case. Plus get more media attention. Right now I believe the media tends to back off because of too much conflicting accounts. MOO:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa