Trial Discussion Thread #25 - 14.04.14, Day 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another strange bit of testimony from OP. He was very calm and emotionless about stating that bit as if disappointed with the grouping.

I know. He was as much as saying "well, I could have done better". It was quite chilling actually.

Putative defence:

Quote:
Until his testimony, this was Pistorius’s defence. I say “until his testimony”, because during his testimony, he seems to be claiming that he fired at the toilet door by accident. This is vastly different – a claim of “accident” amounts in law to a claim of involuntariness. The defence of involuntariness is well recognised – examples include movement during an epileptic seizure and sleepwalking. The essence of the defence is that your mind did not direct or control your conduct. His testimony seems to be raising this defence. In Tasha’s, the gun in his hand simply went off by itself. His claim is he did not pull the trigger.

This is not, at least, at odds with what he has said before on this firearms charge because his testimony is, to my knowledge, the first indication of his defence on this charge.
However, on the murder charge, his defence, until his testimony, has been that he mistakenly thought he was entitled to act in self defence. This, as I’ve said, is a valid defence. Yet in his testimony, he seems to be changing his defence. He seems to be claiming that the discharge of his firearm was an accident or at the very least, that his conduct was not under the control of his mind. This is again a claim that the gun had gone off in his hands, but he had nothing to do with it.

This seems to keep happening to Oscar.

http://criminallawza.net/

This says to me, as a layperson, that if he fired by accident, he knew it was RS behind that door.

There will be movies coming out.

Who should play Oscar (and maybe get one?)

Who should play:
Nel?
Roux?
Reeva?

I know. He was as much as saying "well, I could have done better". It was quite chilling actually.

Of course, it is not where on the door a given hole is that we should focus on.

It is the great accuracy of where 3 out of 4 bullets ended up. And according to Capt Mangena the one that missed allegedly is because Reeva was in the act of falling.

So we need to focus on where the bullets ended up, not merely where they are on the door. And in that sense again alas it was "great shooting accuracy." Again for reasons some of us surmise.

There will be movies coming out.

Who should play Oscar (and maybe get one?)

Who should play:
Nel?
Roux?
Reeva?

I'm sure I read something about Ryan Gosling and Charlize Theron already being approached but that may be purely gossip.

Good morning from Louisiana everyone!

New trial thread yet?

Oscar is going to have a tough day today!

I'm sure I read something about Ryan Gosling and Charlize Theron already being approached but that may be purely gossip.

Ah yes I recall that from a year ago.
There will prob be several movies. Just wondered who people wanted to play those roles?

Have to miss today's testimony as well. Thank goodness for video archives!

I'd like Nel to ask OP why Reeva would 'slam' the toilet door (as that's what OP has admitted it must have been) if there had been no argument that night - and why did he say 'I wanted to ask Reeva why she is phoning the police'. Two major problems with those statements, both of which suggest something entirely different to any of OP's versions about what happened that night.

Guys just to add if you go here http://news.sky.com/story/1242575/oscar-pistorius-tears-genuine-or-contrived

You can watch the video i am talking about, the video section is on the right hand side, it's the third video down called Pistorius, legal experts view.
He also talks about Pistorius running around with the gun cocked after the shooting.
Exact quote regarding the bullet hole's "I'm deducing that those rounds were aimed and deliberate".

Thanks for the video, very good. Most definitely aimed and deliberate. I also have a problem with the fact that he said he wouldn't have heard Reeva scream after firing a round because his ears were ringing. Very suss in my opinion.

The point is--he didn't see or hear her leave. That's very possible.

I believe it is very possible that he did not see or hear her get up. Only moments passed from him knowing that she was in the bed, and him hearing a sound from the bathroom. He jumped to the wrong conclusion.
Something else has been bothering me since yesterday.
When Nel was asking OP why Reeva was standing close to the door facing OP when he fired the first shot, OP could not come up with an answer.
To me there is a perfectly reasonable answer to this question. Reeva was behind a closed door listening to OP challenging an intruder. How would Reeva know that OP mistakenly thought that SHE was the intruder? I don't think this scenario is too farfetched. The thing that ruins this idea for me, is the problem of the urine.
Can anyone come up with an explanation here?
I am going to try and get out for the day. I may listen to the trial on my kindle. It is difficult to stay away from this trial. Not healthy. Be back later.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 11 mins
#OscarTrial Van Aardt was seen arriving at court with an evidence bag containing the grey duvet. BB

The State DO have to present some version of events.

Look at all the wild theories posted here? Ranging fom OP chasing Reeva all around the house on his stumps, smashing doors, windows, firing an air rifle, watching Gay *advertiser censored*, firing extra shots out the window. Bashing the toilet door but leaving it delicately poised so that he can see Reeva etc etc etc.

I put it you is this the prosecution's case against OP, has Nel ever used any of these allegations at all in his cross examination of innocent OP ?

I put it to you that it will be easy peasy to tear the State's version apart. Their own witnesses have already done that. :)

Mama Mia. On Friday I saw Roux close his eyes and cover his face with his hands, his innocent client OP has ruined his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015