GUILTY CO - Kristine Kirk, 44, murdered during 911 call, Denver, 14 April 2014

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Colorado woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes

(CNN) -- A Denver woman called 911 when her husband began to hallucinate and speak of "the end of the world."

For 13 minutes, the wife spoke of fear -- for herself, their three scared children, her husband.

Richard Kirk wanted his wife to shoot him, she told 911.

She screamed when he went to the family safe and grabbed a gun.

The 911 operator heard what sounded like a gunshot. The wife went silent on the 911 call.

read more ..... http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/16/us/colorado-woman-killed/

Warrant: Denver man ate pot candy before killing wife

DENVER - Authorities say a Denver man accused of killing his wife while she was on the phone with 911 bought marijuana-infused candy and a pre-rolled joint in the hours before he allegedly shot and killed her.

According to a search warrant obtained by CBS News' Crimesider on Thursday, 44-year-old Kristine Kirk told dispatchers her husband ate the candy before he started hallucinating and frightening the couple's three children. Police say 47-year-old Richard Kirk also may have taken prescription pain medication before he began acting erratically.

Authorities say that Monday evening, April 14, Richard Kirk shot his wife in the head about 12 minutes into her call with 911. Police say Kristine told dispatchers her husband was getting a gun from a safe before a gunshot sounded and the line went quiet.

more at link ....... http://www.cbsnews.com/news/warrant-denver-man-ate-pot-candy-before-killing-wife/

I think he was taking something else other than smoking weed or the pot infused candy.Pain meds are being snorted and shot up not taken orally by mouth that could be causing theses type of reactions.Something else or a combination of things happened,unless it was synthetic marijuana.

No way weed caused this, he was doing something else. Synthetics do cause strange behavior though.

Did any of y'all see Nancy Grace's coverage of this case? She made the marijuana completely culpable and didn't blame the husband at all. Pretty much setting up his defense. She was talking about what a wonderful person he was, totally out of his character, took one bite of the pot brownie and he went out of his mind.

I'm taking a wild guess here and betting Nancy Grace is against marijuana being legalized.

Now I can't find the article, of course, so take this as rumour. Apparently he was taking prescription meds as well. The article didn't state if they were prescribed or obtained illegally. But no. Can't tell folks that. We need to blame marijuana.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have never had marijuana. But mucinex dm makes me hallucinate. So maybe he was taking a Rx, marijuana or an over the counter med. Maybe it was his first time using marijuana and it cause symptoms different than normal.

First of all, why is this in candy form? If it's meant to be used for medical purposes why is it in this form? What if a child was given this?

THC in combination with other precription drugs can indeed induce extreme hallucinations and psychosis. If he was drinking or if the pot was laced with something else, it would obviously be even worse. Wonder where he bought the candy and pre-rolled joint from.

First of all, why is this in candy form? If it's meant to be used for medical purposes why is it in this form? What if a child was given this?

ITA.

Candy cigarettes were taken off the shelves but stores are allowed to sell pot in candy form? It makes no sense.

Prescription meds even Fentynl mixed w weed do not induce hallucinations. This I do know for a fact. If he was given a pre rolled joint one has to wonder if he did this under the influence of Special K and or pcp. These drugs mixed w pot will induce hallucinations. I will wait for the tox screen in this case. I'm pretty sure it will show some type of hallucinogenic unless he is/was lying and intended to kill his wife. He could be lying. Over the counter meds taken in extremely high doses can cause some to hallucinate, but this is not about him hvn a cold or taking OTC meds. Not that we know of. Let's wait for the tox. You cannot OD on pot. Not even if you ingest it. It may gv you palpitations, it may make you paranoid but it does not cause extremely violent behavior such as this. Speed meth coke Special K ketamine pcp acid LSD Molly these cause one to hallucinate. And when in the throws of a hallucination, one can barely move swallow or think beyond things they r seeing. They usually would not be able to retrieve a gun frm a safe and shoot. They wouldn't be able to see past their hallucination. I write this from personal exp. I was raised in the 60s & 70s and the counter culture did not pass me by. But my knowledge from hospital pharmacy exp also showed me that ppl only hallucinate under the influence of hard core drugs and or mental illness. It truly makes me wonder if he did this pre med w intent of using the pot ingest able as a defense. That's how it looks to me. Name any drug I've taken it, mixed it made it and pot is not a gateway drug. It makes you lazy and glued to the couch esp when you eat it. You can barely move. Doesn't matter how much you eat drink or smoke there is a point where it doesn't do a thing to you.

Colorado has legalized recreational use of marijuana by adults. So it wouldn't necessarily have been medicinal. ETA and if if was purchased legally, it would have had to have been from a legally licensed "pot shop". My memory of candy cigarettes was that they were sold in grocery stores, convenience stores, etc., and you didn't need to prove you were of legal age to buy them.

I do know medicinal users who prefer candy because they don't like to ( or can't) smoke. Also, ingesting THC can produce a stronger effect than inhaling it. Sucking on a lozenge is also much more discreet.

Hallucinations from THC? Highly unlikely, unless it was tainted somehow. I don't know enough about Colorado's law to know what kind of quality control/testing is required for recreational marijuana/ingestibles.

Those poor children, in the house when their mother was murdered by their father. Horrible.

THC in combination with other precription drugs can indeed induce extreme hallucinations and psychosis. If he was drinking or if the pot was laced with something else, it would obviously be even worse. Wonder where he bought the candy and pre-rolled joint from.

Well, marijuana cannot produce extreme hallucinations on its own. And I have never heard that the combination of pain killers and THC would cause extreme hallucinations either.

However, there is evidence that pot can precipitate psychosis in schizophrenics. I suppose any mind or mood altering substance can: http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/05/marijuana-may-both-trigger-and-suppress-psychosis/

My guess? This guy had a latent mental illness. My suspicion is it ran in his family.

I was just wondering what took them so long :waitasec:

What a tragedy! Such a beautiful woman. I wish she would have gone and get the gun as he had initially asked her to do. Not to shoot him but to be safe herself.

RIP Kristine!

I'm not 100% sure about 911 Dispatchers/Operators in Colorado, but in most states they are part of a union. So firing them requires a set protocol of hearings etc.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5601142

RIP Kristine

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member