Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, the Ranger is much improved over the 20 year old Black Talon design. The bullet could be called a "Girl Scout Cookie" but it would not take away from its extreme lethality..

That's kind of hilarious, given the fact that the 2013 High Times Cannabis Cup Strain of the Year was "Girl Scout Cookies." Also given the fact that I've actually stayed up all night and haven't yawned once. But my cats are hella confused. >^..^<

I think the judge's sharp mind is going to wander. This expert, as intelligent/experienced as he is, comes across way to wordy, as he meanders verbosely through each answer.

My brilliant StepDad, may he RIP, was a mechanical engineer. He spoke much the same way. Qualified everything he stated, very verbose and exacting. Hard to listen to for very long before I want to tear my hair out though. :pullhair:

IDK, but surely Masipa with her experience will be accustomed to complex explanations by now so I doubt her mind will wander too far, far too responsible a person methinks for that and she does ask when she misses things. And he is seems to be trying very hard to be thorough and clear, at least imo, and I know zilch about guns, and she has the recorded testimony, her notes and her assistants to follow through later.

Just to say that as a witness in a trial I had the Police Complaints Officers visit me to say they had found my name in paperwork belonging to a police officer who was under investigation. They explained that myself or members of my family could have experienced being stopped while driving about etc. The inference being that we could have experienced some negative harassment. That is why I think any breach of bail conditions such as this is serious.

There is no breach of bail conditions. I have just listened to a discussion about this on Whoop Whoop. As she has not been called as a witness there is no breach and they were all of the opinion that there was no value in taking it in any further. However, I do understand where you are coming from and that must have made you feel very uncomfortable.

I wasn't referring to Myers, but to the witness', plural, who overheard OP's comment. Besides that I don't want to be inhibited by grammar lessons from anyone, as I'm not overly worried about it on forums as long as my posts are understood.
However if it makes you feel good.....

Not sure you're commenting on the correct post.

Pat, please stay behind after class and write 100 lines on ...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

wtf cares what color the flipping bullet is??? Use a sharpie, for god's sake!!! It's a 9mm bullet and it killed her. Doesn't matter if it's pink polka dots. Aaugh!!!!!

W: Using the pantry door taken from the alleged crime scene...appeared to be identical to the bathroom door....the test was done to determine:

Spread of wood fragments/splintering
If Abrasion/laceration of tissue could be caused by these splinters
I used same ammo

He got completely confuddled then and said if splinters could have been caused by abrasions, I think.

W: I was very fortunate - I turned someone's arm to get those bullets....

Rehearsed??? Nel's telling what the next couple of words are.

Roux has just asked if they can look at the witness boards instead of photos and that seems to have caused a little start for witness, who 'wants a second'.

Sorry, I can't help myself ... the "alleged crime scene"?

Roux has just asked if they can look at the witness boards instead of photos and that seems to have caused a little start for witness, who 'wants a second'.

Roux is rushing him... I don't think W is giving what Roux wants.

Some people may find it boring, but he's seemingly incredibly competent and is being thorough when a man's freedom may be determined by his testimony.

I hope I wouldn't leave anything out if I had to testify as a witness.

W: The dispersion of the splinters on the witness boards shows a pattern...consistent with the wounds on the upper arm...

He explains it is a small, 6cm pattern consistent with that on the door.

Roux is having to lead his witness step by step thru the points he needs him to make......

Apparently, this witness board shows a bullet hole with the splintering pattern around it, but I still see nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuppie143