GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of these doctors are a millions times better than the defense "experts" (note the quotes) in the Jodi Arias trial.

I am impressed at the speed of this court - they certainly are using the entire day, no mucking about starting late and ending early.

Agreed. As I said before I think this will go to jury by Friday.

After all the trials I've seen not one of these hired guns fared well. Some worse than this doctor. But you'd think highly intelligent people would see a pattern and resist the $ being offered because IMO they are torpedoing their career down the toilet.

So maybe they're not so intelligent, or maybe they have done well testifying in trials for awhile, until the one trial comes along that derails their career. This guy was clearly missing some information. Did the defense do that to him?

The dr she was seeing DID try to get her to go to the hospital-she refused.
I don't know if it is possible, but it seems like you should be able to sign a partial
release. If it wasn't an all or nothing release, she might have let parker have some info.

Admitting diagnosis from Dr. Butler (Windmoor) - JS said she was having up to 10 drinks a day. After rehab, her drinking was less.

She said she didn't drink on the day of the event (until after the murder) or take oxycodone.

She told Dr. M she wanted Nancy Schenecker to leave the house so she could drink. Nancy was taking care of the kids while JS was in bed. However, some confusion as to how much she was drinking. Parker didn't observe a lot of drinking. Neither did medical professionals.

While at Windmoor -- she went back and forth in denying her alcohol problem.

Believes the alcohol, in this case, is a red herring.

I don't know if it is possible, but it seems like you should be able to sign a partial

release. If it wasn't an all or nothing release, she might have let parker have some info.

I know as a teacher, I had to inform authorities if someone was going to do harm....mental health professionals are not held to this standard?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On day of homicide, she went to the Hard Rock Cafe to play slots. At this point, she was in a state of mixed depression/mania.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive 2m
Judge is holding the jury late, allowing the defense to question the psychiatrist. #ScheneckerTrial

According to the email evidence, Parker didn't even want all. He said that she and the doc could keep the private information private, as far as he was concerned.

So tragic.

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 3m
Dr Myers says according to new DSM gudelines #JulieSchenecker's diagnosis would be worse

I think JS was very jealous between the good relationship between PS and Calyx. Beau who had always been closer to her was becoming closer to PS and she resented it.

Exactly what I have thought. In family dynamics, there is often jealousy by the mother of the daughter and her relationship with the father. That wicked triangle.

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 3m
Dr Myers says according to new DSM gudelines #JulieSchenecker's diagnosis would be worse

My son has Schizoaffective disorder. He is completely different then her.

That was over New Years too (left on the 31st of December and came back Jan 2 if I recall correctly)

So she came home at the end of November (sunday after Thanksgiving)....MIL was at house....house was decorated (MIL left just before Xmas)....then hubby goes away with Beau for New Years.....11 days later her 50th birthday (no discussion anywhere about that day)....then of course less than 2 weeks later she's buying a gun

I should go back on other thread from this morning -- but doesn't this also coincide with his 2x return trip to California to rack up frequent air miles?

*BBM*

Parker said during testimony that they all went out to dinner to celebrate (PS, JS, and the kids).

After all the trials I've seen not one of these hired guns fared well. Some worse than this doctor. But you'd think highly intelligent people would see a pattern and resist the $ being offered because IMO they are torpedoing their career down the toilet.

Are you forgetting someone?
Dr. DeMarte was a hired gun, and she rocked that ****! ;)

ETA- Dr. D did the same in the Devault trial, but we had to live it through tweets, no live stream :tantrum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu