Cat attack .... not what you think!

Holy Cow!!!! I just want to warn others the video is a bit graphic.

When I was a child we had a cat that looked very much like that one. I remember being outside one day and a big german shepherd came up to our porch where my sister and I were playing. Our cat literally jumped on the dogs back! That dog ran back down our driveway at break-neck speed!

Wow. Great cat, that one. Great cat indeed. And people think I'm joking when I say around here, you need to watch out for my cats as well as my dogs...

Best-
Herding Cats

Holy COW is right. What a cat. BRAVO.......

I had to check SNOPES to even believe this was real.... What a great CAT!!

Holy Cow!!!! I just want to warn others the video is a bit graphic.

When I was a child we had a cat that looked very much like that one. I remember being outside one day and a big german shepherd came up to our porch where my sister and I were playing. Our cat literally jumped on the dogs back! That dog ran back down our driveway at break-neck speed!

I added GRAPHIC to my OP. TY

Wonder why the Mom ran off without picking up her son and taking him with her.

Great cat. It really ticks me off people who let their dogs especially ones like this roam.
Wonder how much worse it would had been if the cat didn't attack.

Poor kid was doing nothing wrong.

Apparently (according to comments) she ran off to make sure the dog wasn't coming back for seconds.

Personally, I'd have picked my child up and bolted for the house. It made me sad to see him get up, terrified, and run after his mother.

Awesome cat, though! A real hero!

Oh geez, I saw a "funny" animated gif of this earlier, very blurry and just the cat doing his cannonball maneuver, and in that clip it wasn't clear if the dog was playing or what. So when I saw the graphic header on this I was confused. I had no idea the kid was injured, and in the full video it's much more obvious the dog is viciously attacking. (In the blurry gif it almost looks like he's just trying to steal a shoe and run away.)

Awesome cat.

Bravo, kitty! I think mom went after the dog because she knew Supercat was on the job defending her son. Did you see how it came back after running the dog off to check on the boy and stayed between him and where the threat (dog) was last seen?

It's a myth that cats aren't loyal to and protective of their owners. I couldn't figure out any reason that dog went on the attack, either. Kid just seemed to be totally going about his own business, not bothering the dog at all.

Amazing cat! I've never tholught of cats as being capable of heroism...but now I'm happily convinced. What a lucky family.

Makes me want to go hug my little kitty. LOL, he stalks (and kills) doodle bugs. Poor little things.

This video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Opm9b2WDk

shows the wounds at the end. Stitches were required.

Lucky, lucky family.

Saw the video and then it the story came up on the news.

Poor little guy was just riding his bike, and ends up with some very nasty wounds. Thankfully, Tara the cat put a stop to it. I loved how after kitty ran the dog off, she quickly turns back around to go back to the boy.

Also heard that the dog is being put down.

Apparently (according to comments) she ran off to make sure the dog wasn't coming back for seconds.

Personally, I'd have picked my child up and bolted for the house. It made me sad to see him get up, terrified, and run after his mother.

Awesome cat, though! A real hero!

She was trying to prevent the dog from coming back and get the dog back into his yard.

Cats are awesome. I have both dogs and cats and on occasion someone has asked if I ever worry about leaving the cats alone with the dogs when I work. My answer has always been, no, but I sometimes worry about the dogs.

The other night my 7 pound kitty was sitting in the middle of the third stair glaring at my 20 pound dog when she started to go up. The dog turned tail and came back over to me for protection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back