GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The dates are wrong on the info in the article:
"Officials said that based on their investigation, they have been able to narrow the time-frame of the crime to somewhere between 4:30 p.m., on Friday, May 3 – when the mail was delivered – to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 4, when the couple did not show up for a party."
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...-continue-search-for-shirley-dermond/9091165/
Friday was May 2nd, and Saturday was May 3rd.
The article states that Friday was the 3rd, and Saturday was the 4th.
IMOO.

Does that mean it dies in the winter? If so I didn't know that. I know it is a mess, but I think it is so pretty. As far as the tunnels, that is so cool. I am glad to hear that. Thanks.

Yes, mck16, kudzu goes dormant in the winter months... Horses & other animals love it for food or cover and in the south we make Kudzu jelly out of it. There is a factory in AL that grinds the bulbs into meal.. Originally imported from Brazil to prevent erosion by the railroads...

Kudzu is famous around the south.....

Wonder why the Dermond children have not offered a much bigger reward? Just ASSuming, with the boys following in their father's footsteps, they must have plenty of money. It just seems a bit odd that there is not a huge reward. The $20,000.00 is laughable and will bring no leads as wealthy as the Dermonds are!

My opinions only!

If anyone has any information, I would think that they would (should) give info regardless of the amount of the reward.
If a person is Afraid of retaliation, they might not come forward, whether they could use the reward money, or they are wealthy themselves and don't need the reward money.
IMOO.

Can someone please post another photo of Shirley other than her drivers licence photo. Please, for the love of God and Shirley! No
body looks like their drivers licence photo!

Renea, if you go back to the last few pages of the last thread someone posted a jpg of SD that was very nice...Hopefully they will repost it..

The dates are wrong on the info in the article:
"Officials said that based on their investigation, they have been able to narrow the time-frame of the crime to somewhere between 4:30 p.m., on Friday, May 3 – when the mail was delivered – to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 4, when the couple did not show up for a party."
http://www.11alive.com/sory/news/lo...-continue-search-for-shirley-dermond/9091165/
Friday was May 2nd, and Saturday was May 3rd.
The article states that Friday was the 3rd, and Saturday was the 4th.
IMOO.

Good catch on the dates, Treelights.. Guess, good help is hard to find, huh? The ms media seldom gets the names right..

Originally imported from Brazil to prevent erosion by the railroads...
Small correction...it came from Japan.

It is a notoriously invasive plant that I don't believe would ever be allowed to encroach upon Great Waters.

A lot of vigilance would be required, but I believe they would keep it at bay.

From my rough notes. Not a transcript:

Sills has declined to call in GBI investigators. GBI confirmed. Has relied only on the state's medical examiners. Sills says the GBI has been involved, their lab is involved, their pathologists. Sills says if you can tell me something that a GBI agent knows how to do that he doesn't know how to do then he'll be glad to call them. Sills says nothing in this couple's background that they have been able to uncover. Described them as an All- American couple.

AH, so it IS true....haha, a friend's beautician said an GBI Agent came in yesterday and of course they were asking about the Oconee case and he said he didnt' know, the sheriff ran them all off LOL

I have seen here and there that the FBI is handling some things, but then someone mentioned an article linked here where the FBI referred to the LE and LE always referring back to the FBI about the case

Why FBI over GBI, I"m curious?

Small correction...it came from Japan.

It is a notoriously invasive plant that I don't believe would ever be allowed to encroach upon Great Waters.

A lot of vigilance would be required, but I believe they would keep it at bay.

If that's about kudzu:

I think from CHina because the cattle loved it so, and boy do they here too and horses.

Problem is, the U.S.never pruned or maintained it, china used it over arbors but kept it pruned and was very beautiful

Here the hiways spray to kill it or TRY to kill it, comes back quite easily and known to grow 20ft underground

I cannot see RP letting kudzu get out of hand on vacant lots, it would easily invade yards nearby

Haven't been on here much today, so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...-continue-search-for-shirley-dermond/9091165/

Polygraph tests of maintenance crews who worked at the Dermond home have come back negative. Hundreds of fingerprints have been taken at the Dermond home, but those have also produced no results as of yet.

Destini, imo the unknown suspect is a resident of the community. I would like to see the same strategy used in the Jessica Ridgeway(CO) abduction/murder. Provided that there is dna forensics of the unknown suspect, yet no database identity. Go to each home in the community where someone fits the behavioral profile and ask to submit to a dna swab.

There will be some that will refuse due to constitutional rights, likely not the perps, imo. The perp will likely submit due to their narcissism, thinking that investigators are only bluffing.
This is how 19 year old Austin Sigg; serial killer in training, was identified and later convicted in the Jessica Ridgeway murder..

Destini, imo the unknown suspect is a resident of the community. I would like to see the same strategy used in the Jessica Ridgeway(CO) abduction/murder. Provided that there is dna forensics of the unknown suspect, yet no database identity. Go to each home in the community where someone fits the behavioral profile and ask to submit to a dna swab.

There will be some that will refuse due to constitutional rights, likely not the perps, imo. The perp will likely submit, thinking that investigators are only bluffing.
This is how 19 year old Austin Sigg; serial killer in training, was identified and later convicted in the Jessica Ridgeway murder..

Right, and that cross that he wore, too......(that was found.)
What a sick individual.
Poor Jessica!

AH, so it IS true....haha, a friend's beautician said an GBI Agent came in yesterday and of course they were asking about the Oconee case and he said he didnt' know, the sheriff ran them all off LOL

I have seen here and there that the FBI is handling some things, but then someone mentioned an article linked here where the FBI referred to the LE and LE always referring back to the FBI about the case

I guess I am confused. I thought FBI was only asked to help with a psychological profile of perp.
*No. FBI called due to possible abduction and to.rule out any organized criminal activity.
Are they still involved?

Not wanting GBI involved makes no sense.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

If that's about kudzu:

I think from CHina because the cattle loved it so, and boy do they here too and horses.

Problem is, the U.S.never pruned or maintained it, china used it over arbors but kept it pruned and was very beautiful

Here the hiways spray to kill it or TRY to kill it, comes back quite easily and known to grow 20ft underground

I cannot see RP letting kudzu get out of hand on vacant lots, it would easily invade yards nearby

I was just thinking it would be difficult for the older residents to maintain it and prevent it overtaking the trees surrounding the main house and area. jmo

If that's about kudzu:

LOL, well tomkat, wherever it came from, they need to take it back & quickly...Prune it my buttocks, you can watch it grow..
http://maxshores.com/the-amazing-story-of-kudzu/

First comments I have seen from family:

Thank you for posting this. I have been wondering when we would hear something from the kids. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through right now. It must be he!!

I was just thinking it would be difficult for the older residents to maintain it and prevent it overtaking the trees surrounding the main house and area. jmo

There's probably something in their HOA about that.....
There's lots of Rules there for sure! :)
IMOO.

There's probably something in their HOA about that.....
There's lots of Rules there for sure! :)
IMOO.

We planted some on a bare hill for ground cover. A little worried it would go wild and take over the yard and trees.... It died.
No green thumb here! I even kill kudzu!

A weapon could easily be hidden and never found in it.
IMO.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

tomkat, the GBI special agents are very elite. I say that in a good way. The GBI leadership simply sucks, imo.. They are very political and stuck in a time warp.. 20th century, 1960's antiquated investigative silence strategy.. They don't have a clue, nor do they want one, imo..

This strategy of silence prevented the rescue of Meredith Hope Emerson 01/03/2008 and allowed his associates to escape justice due to politics, imo.
Imo, Sheriff Sills decision to prevent the GBI's involvement should speak volumes...
I told the GBI that they should turn their open sign off & slam the door on their way out, long ago.. Imo, their incompetence caused her death. She fought GMH with mind, body, and spirit buying time for a rescue, which never came due to silence & misinfo by the GBI, imo.. The GBI is still haunted by it, imo..
http://www.myajc.com/news/news/after-5-years-notorious-crime-still-haunts/nTyq3/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592