CANADA Canada - Nicole Morin, 8, Toronto, 30 July 1985

There is a well known Canadian novelist who includes mysterious references to crime in his novel that seems to be based on lightly disguised references to the real.

In Sharin Keenan case he appears to set a scene INSIDE the house of her killer for example. The street name is diguised but from other things mentioned it is obvious.

There may be a number of actual murders laid down in his novels I think so.

Anyway in his most recent the protagonist goes to visit his sister and walks up to the 18 flloor of her apt.

The 18th floor? Who walks up 18 floors? I think the 18th floor is a possibility in the Nicole case. Though the perfume thing has me thinking of her floor again. BUT did someone want to disguise with the cologne that she was grabbed at her elevator taken to the stairs whisked down to a nearby floor?

Could be any floor but further down more likelihood someone would be using the stairs.

Interesting that in nearby floors the K name and M name are either mispelled or are rare (for Canada) spellings of the name.

If I was LE and had limited time to spend on this (cause of time restraint) I would go back and look at it again as if there were very few suspects just the nearby floors and her floor. I mean for heurstic purposes.

Keeping the slim hope alive here: if Nicole's parents were not getting along it could be a rationale for someone to swipe her i.e. "what a lovely girl in a troubled family we would only be doing her a famour etc." if say someone couldn't have kids. The trouble would be of course why not choose a much younger child.

Anyone know the reference where LE noticed smell of cologne I assume they mean on the penthouse floor of her apt. ? Or more generally? When was it first noticed?

If true what does it mean? To disguise what apt. she was taken into even briefly?

To disguise decay obviously this would have to be later.

To confuse police dogs?

If we accept the cologne clue (and I am not sure I have this right) AND the shoe clue (found in the apt. another floor I think but am not 100% certain) then most likely thing would be she was grabbed on her floor in the elevator and taken quickly into a nearby apt. that floor or a near by floor.

Of course the cologne could be a ruse as well or could mean nothing. Cologne for sure or could it be perfume?

Penthouse: I would think possibly the only means of egress would be the stairs the elevator or possibly some way up to the roof from there but I don't know. Stairs I think is best nobody uses the stairs much at that floor level.

There are people also who wear way too much perfume or cologne day after day they apply it not noticing themselves the smell more common back then.

Can anyone help?

Rbbm

Fwiw, when I think of the types of people who might wear too much daytime cologne, imo. teenage boys, alcoholics, sex workers, some foreigners come to mind.
If someone lived in that building usually wore that cologne, it would linger in the elevator and others tenants would recognize the scent.

In considering the option of there being employees in the building, I wonder if anyone has checked out landlords/superintendents in relation to this case?

Rbbm

Fwiw, when I think of the types of people who might wear too much daytime cologne, imo. teenage boys, alcoholics, sex workers, some foreigners come to mind.
If someone lived in that building usually wore that cologne, it would linger in the elevator and others tenants would recognize the scent.

Good points this and the last post. Yes this would be pushing the evidence way too far but you could surmise that it would mean it was someone from outside not a resident.

Last post: yes superintendants etc. hopefully they would have looked at that but good to point out!

Was there anyone on the upper floors Nicole's age she might have visited or picked up for swimming. The answer I know is yes.

Though if her shoe was really found on the elevator then that suggests kidnapping sudden and violent to some extent.

Rbbm

Rbbm

I am always clutching at straws it seems but I will say that it 'fits' my building suspect (slender evidence though I admit). I'll put it obliquely: long ago I was wild camping on an island of the coast of Istanbul (a bad idea) and a man who owned a hut there asked for some Aramis cologne I had with me. He basically emptied the bottle over almost his entire body.

One resident on the 17th floor I see still lives there so there are people to ask still...amazing. Maybe there are others. E.

Sorry multiple posts and I promised not to overdo the following angle:

1. Nicole's father went to The Worldwide Church of God and at one point believed there was a connection there - possible Nicole's niece (?) K. who has a website on Nicole thought or thinks the same. Source: another site like WS easy to find.

Grace Communion International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. On that same site someone mentions there paranormal experience where the o. board said the name or word "Bidan" in relation to Nicole. So I link the Wiki article disambiguating that word:

Bidan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia they mostly reference Iran though in Malay it is the word for midwife.

3. See my posts around 106 Dennis Melvin Howe thread (off-topic there) concerning missing Nina Akbarian (parental abduction possibly to Iran but possibly with quite sinister overtones. The name itself might be Armenian though.

With Nicole an abduction to somewhere a bit remote and then back to North America (as that person's natural child) probably not Canada is not impossible.

OK see I am spending some time on this I had better keep going.

1. the video recently linked to with Max Haines: he says there is evidence she made it to the ground floor (one witness who said she was going down to the basement and saw Nicole get off in the lobby.) Someone said the say her on a carousel I think that was discounted. The shoe evidence of Call Millar if true suggest otherwise.

2. the mystery woman: Haines elsewhere says she had dark brown hair some also call her blonde (!). Dark brown fits "my" person but anywhere can dye their hair of course.

3. in the video where Nicole is played by Haines daughter IF that is Nicole's actual floor (but is it?) the hallway is quite long and there is a bend it seems just before the elevator. Not sure where the stair are if anyone knows I am guessing at the far end past the elevators? Well if you had two abductors one could hide behind the bend one have the elevator waiting. As some have mentioned if someone had the key to 'hold" the elevator then they would have Nicole. And there are also the stairs of course.

3. They show Nicole's apt. it seems exterior with a close-in shot: on the roof there is some kind of structure close to her apt. on the roof? What is it? What is there in 85? Is there access to the roof from the elevator and was there in 85? There has to be some way up of course.

4. For those who blame the mother (on other sites especially) Haines points out that parents generally let their kids go to the pool alone. She had as small nursery bus. was taking care of other children. Still it is a long time I have to admit many hours.

5. For those who blame the father (on other sites) it makes no sense that he would keep at this the way he has. Police cleared him with a lie detector so if involved he could just leave it at that.

6. At one point police had one or two suspects and said they had almost solved the case. so it is not impossible they think they know who did it. I have no way of checking that so have to mostly ignore.

Live update tomorrow morning at 10:30am in Toronto to update with important information. I have goosebumps I can't sleep. What do you guys think they have found out? An arrest? Confession? Body? Pedophile ring?? They posted it at 9:30pm tonight if I am not mistaken. I can't imagine a body/remains were found because I always listen out for that but I just had major surgery so I could have missed hearing about it. Any thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks Dotr got it yes that makes good sense. Wondering if Nicole knew a bit of French.

In Ontario they start learning French in grade 3 unless they spoke it at home or if she was in French immersion then she would have been able to speak and understand it

Live update tomorrow morning at 10:30am in Toronto to update with important information. I have goosebumps I can't sleep. What do you guys think they have found out? An arrest? Confession? Body? Pedophile ring?? They posted it at 9:30pm tonight if I am not mistaken. I can't imagine a body/remains were found because I always listen out for that but I just had major surgery so I could have missed hearing about it. Any thoughts??

I was just about to come post this and you beat me to it. :)

It appears there must be a break in the case. I think they will announce they have a suspect!

On July 30, 1985, Nicole Morin disappeared from her home in Etobicoke. She was eight years old and to this day, nobody knows what happened to her. You are invited to watch the official Toronto Police Service Youtube Live at 10:30amET Friday May 23, 2014 from Toronto Police HQ to help solve this case with Police Chief William Blair, Mac's Crime Busters Canadian Centre For Child Protection and special guests ^LL & ^sm — at Toronto Police Service

https://www.facebook.com/1800222TIPS

Important press conference at 10:30amET on Friday May 23 2014 at the Toronto Police Headquarters located at 40 College Street in Toronto, Ontario for Nicole Morin missing child case.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNicoleMorinEtobicokeOntario

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/29181

"Media advisory,
Friday, May 23, 2014, 10:30 a.m.,
Headquarters, media gallery,
Canadian Centre for Child Protection partners with
Mac's Convenience Stores and TPS to help find
Canada's missing children

Broadcast time: 05:00
Friday, May 23, 2014

Corporate Communications
416-808-7100

On Friday, May 23, 2014, at 10:30 a.m., in the media gallery at headquarters, Chief William Blair will be joined by Christy Dzikowicz, Director of missingkids.ca and Sean Sportun, ICPS Manager, Security & Loss Prevention for Mac's in Central Canada, to launch a new campaign to recognize National Missing Children's Day on Sunday, May 25, 2014.

Also in attendance will be the officers in charge of the Nicole Morin case and Nicole's childhood friend, now a Toronto Police Service officer.

The news conference will be available on the Bell TOC and will be live-streamed on the Toronto Police Service YouTube channel and the Toronto Crime Stoppers YouTube channel.

For more information:

Media Line, Canadian Centre for Child Protection
Office: 204-945-8074/After hours: 204-801-6838
communications@protectchildren.ca

Sean Sportun, ICPS
Mac's Convenience Stores
416-904-3805
sean.sportun@macs.ca

Meaghan Gray
Toronto Police Service
416-808-7095
meaghan.gray@torontopolice.on.ca"

http://www.youtube.com/user/Torontopolice

If someone can transcribe, it would be really appreciated. I'm at work. :please:

No new leads. New partnership with Mac's Convenience Stores.

Mac's has video screens in their stores which will show pictures of missing children.

Random comments..

There will be a new re-enactment video made this summer which will be very helpful imo.
One minor question I would have liked to see asked, is whether Nicole is definitively right or left handed, and if she had any particular teeth concerns that would have to be addressed if she is alive.
It seems imo, that if kids have a " stick out " kind of ear as it seems Nicole has with right ear, it tends to stay that way fwiw.

Seeing female LE ,including one who is expecting, made a subtle but powerful statement imo. nice to see.

If someone can transcribe, it would be really appreciated. I'm at work. :please:

Very sorry, would transcribe for you, but no secret my typing skills are horrid, will post transcript if I can find one.:facepalm:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding
Back