GUILTY WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? When they did it, they were playing Hide and Seek in the woods. This proves that they played outside.

The fact that there were three of them that got along and were best friends proves that they could be friendly.

An otherwise normal seeming child screams sociopath to me.

There should be NOTHING wrong or seemingly wrong with a couple of girls headed out to play in the woods.

That does not prove they played outside, That proves they knew how to lure someone to their death.

This is not them going out to play like 12 yr olds. It almost seems forced and odd the way they set it up.

I just removed some posts and the posters that had their posts removed know why. Please knock it off. Thank you.

BBM: Dr Phil most likely :) .. but yes, I forget about the medical bills thing sometimes. I'm not trying to be mean, I just think it's a bad idea to talk to the media too much, or let her go in front of cameras etc and very much hope they don't.

Easy to forget about medical bills when you live in Australia...

It is actually ASL- age sex location

Oh my gosh sorry - late night dyslexia. :facepalm:

Anyhow, if anyone likes I'll look for that list. Honestly, if I can save another parent having to trawl through the filth of chat logs, I'd be happy to.

Just in case anyone is interested in how some believers think, in particular in regards to proxies etc this is really interesting, it's some posters from the wiki discussing 'the obsession' and shows how blurred the lines between fantasy and reality become for some of the kids who truly believed this mythos: http://theslenderman.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:47553

. It's just never a good thing to live life as a child in the spotlight.

rsbm/bbm; "the family said in the statement that was posted at the site where their daughter was found."

They did not have a news conference.

Just in case anyone is interested in how some believers think, in particular in regards to proxies etc this is really interesting, it's some posters from the wiki discussing 'the obsession' and shows how blurred the lines between fantasy and reality become for some of the kids who truly believed this mythos: http://theslenderman.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:47553

This has been on my mind since last night, Mrs. G. I actually had to wonder at the way some of the people speak as if it's all very real.

Not to be kneejerky - because it really is obvious none of it's real (the mythos I mean) because come onnn... Slendy ain't real - but I can see how commentary like that that could do a kid's head in, if they were a bit naive in their thinking or had some mental/emotion issues that made them vulnerable to suggestion (even though it's patently ridiculous, but then look at how many perfectly clever adults believe in Xemu...)

This has been on my mind since last night, Mrs. G. I actually had to wonder at the way some of the people speak as if it's all very real.

Not to be kneejerky - because it really is obvious none of it's real (the mythos I mean) because come onnn... Slendy ain't real - but I can see how commentary like that that could do a kid's head in, if they were a bit naive in their thinking or had some mental/emotion issues that made them vulnerable to suggestion (even though it's patently ridiculous, but then look at how many perfectly clever adults believe in Xemu...)

I have seen adults believe all kinds if things,

Some believe the moon landing never happened, for instance.

So to think children might think something is real is not much of a stretch.

The killing part is a stretch.But killing is OK, like in war. So why not for a Slendarman?

This reads like a manual for how to let yourself slide into confirmation bias to me.

Steps to becoming one of Slenderman's proxies (for those who are curious)

If you are a proxy and he wants you to do something, you will do that something. There is no use fighting it. Fighting it is only going to get your self in big trouble and you'll be forced to do that something anyways.

http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/jqsdfat...ies-for-those-who-are-curious?story_chapter=2

I tried levitating when I was younger, I used ouija boards, I tried telekinesis, telepathy, tried to contact the other side, scared myself stupid that I was going to become possessed thought I had paranormal experiences .. I mean it's normal teenager stuff, but you get yourself to the point where you experience some serious confirmation bias and believe you have had these experiences and therefore they are real. God, we even went on a trip to Tasmania with an EVP recorder and EMF reader .. we saw things, I mean we were in a dilapidated Georgian mansion we'd broken into in the dead of night, so it could have been rats .. but you work yourselves up to the point where you all think you saw the same things at the same time and it becomes real because others saw it too.

This thread is disturbing to read too (it's likely just a joke, or not), I'm very much wondering if these kids met the wrong people online who may have encouraged them into going forward with their plan to becoming proxies, after confirming all their beliefs of course: http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/14681019/

Not in reference to anyone in particular - but it breaks my heart that an average person, much less a Websleuths poster (who I, for better or worse, assumes to know more that the average person) does not recognize that these girls are:
A) not adults
B) probably not mentally healthy
C) in need of rehabilitation more than punishment -- they are very young people

This reads like a manual for how to let yourself slide into confirmation bias to me.

Steps to becoming one of Slenderman's proxies (for those who are curious)

If you are a proxy and he wants you to do something, you will do that something. There is no use fighting it. Fighting it is only going to get your self in big trouble and you'll be forced to do that something anyways.

http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/jqsdfat...ies-for-those-who-are-curious?story_chapter=2

I tried levitating when I was younger, I used ouija boards, I tried telekinesis, telepathy, tried to contact the other side, scared myself stupid that I was going to become possessed thought I had paranormal experiences .. I mean it's normal teenager stuff, but you get yourself to the point where you experience some serious confirmation bias and believe you have had these experiences and therefore they are real. God, we even went on a trip to Tasmania with an EVP recorder and EMF reader .. we saw things, I mean we were in a dilapidated Georgian mansion we'd broken into in the dead of night, so it could have been rats .. but you work yourselves up to the point where you all think you saw the same things at the same time and it becomes real because others saw it too.

This thread is disturbing to read too (it's likely just a joke, or not), I'm very much wondering if these kids met the wrong people online who may have encouraged them into going forward with their plan to becoming proxies, after confirming all their beliefs of course: http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/14681019/

Reading through the 4 chan link and see that Memes are already being created using the dialog from the stabbing. Like a narrative.

Someone who is stabbed 19 times would be fatal. The girl survived despite being stabbed that many times. I can imagine the mental scars she will have for the rest of her life.

Well, it seems that 12 year olds aren't the only ones naive enough to think Slendy is real:

Rev. Robin Swope, a pastor at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ in Erie, Pa., believes the Internet-generated monster is real. In his book "Slenderman: From Fiction to Fact," Swope states that, after years of reviewing stories sent to him by people who claim to have encountered the elusive monster, he has concluded that Slenderman is a literal demonic entity: "We can come to the conclusion that Slenderman is real. The archetype of death that Slenderman embodies is not an archetype at all. Slenderman is the archetype. He is indeed death personified who from countless ages past has hunted down humanity with a relentless determination. If you see him as a child he will forever haunt your dreams and your waking nightmares… There is nothing you can do about it, it is inevitable. Begging and screaming are useless; Slenderman makes no bargains and takes no bribes. Slenderman is coming for you," he concludes his (non-fiction) book.

http://news.discovery.com/human/psy...-cited-in-girls-stabbing-who-is-he-140603.htm

And yes, the guy is really a minister. And apparently a demonologist.

aka bona fide nutjob

Yikes this thread went off the rails in the last 24 hours :shocked2:

Gonna go all Kumbaya on your :butthead:'s and tell everyone to take a breath, sit back, pick your poison-:needdrink::toast::toastred::Banane35::cupcake:
and relax! :eek:ddsmiley:

Off to hide now
:couch:

Well, it seems that 12 year olds aren't the only ones naive enough to think Slendy is real:

Rev. Robin Swope, a pastor at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ in Erie, Pa., believes the Internet-generated monster is real. In his book "Slenderman: From Fiction to Fact," Swope states that, after years of reviewing stories sent to him by people who claim to have encountered the elusive monster, he has concluded that Slenderman is a literal demonic entity: "We can come to the conclusion that Slenderman is real. The archetype of death that Slenderman embodies is not an archetype at all. Slenderman is the archetype. He is indeed death personified who from countless ages past has hunted down humanity with a relentless determination. If you see him as a child he will forever haunt your dreams and your waking nightmares… There is nothing you can do about it, it is inevitable. Begging and screaming are useless; Slenderman makes no bargains and takes no bribes. Slenderman is coming for you," he concludes his (non-fiction) book.

http://news.discovery.com/human/psy...-cited-in-girls-stabbing-who-is-he-140603.htm

aka bona fide nutjob

LOL...I don't give much credence to a "paranormal pastor."

aka bona fide nutjob

:sigh:
The World needs a reboot.

aka bona fide nutjob

:doh::what:

Also from link:

Folklorists call this sort of behavior legend tripping, and it is an activity shared by ghost hunters who (sincerely or jokingly) walk around reputedly haunted locations, as well as girls who go into a dark bathroom, stand in front of a mirror, and call out for Bloody Mary. Usually, of course, the legend tripping is done in fun and no one gets hurt. But some people take the make-believe too far, and confuse fantasy with reality; that may be what happened in this case.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Slenderman-Fiction-Robin-S-Swope/dp/1477507795"]Slenderman: From Fiction to Fact: Robin S. Swope: 9781477507797: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5152NPzdRhL.@@AMEPARAM@@5152NPzdRhL[/ame]

Join Rev. Robin Swope, a seminary trained exorcist and minister as he explores the strange story of the malicious child killing entity known as Slenderman.

http://demonhunterscompendium.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/slenderman-from-fiction-to-fact-by-rev.html

Geez, that's just weird.

It is amazing that people have had to post essays explaining to people that Slendy isn't real over the last few days.

Thank you MyBelle! And good for your state, being proactive!

I wonder if other states have such a program?

Thanks!

Salem

Many states are establishing similar crisis hotlines and trying to coordinate resources to help families. I think Wisconsin, where this crime took place has something similar. It's an unfortunate reality to our times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018